What is the faction war called?

90 Human Death Knight
A neutral faction partisan's worst nightmare.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I'd call it the 4th war.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
[quote]What is the faction war called?[/quote[

Return of Thrall: Electric Boogaloo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I think we're at the Fifth War. Maybe. Depends if the campaigns in Outland and against the Lich King counted as their own numbered wars or not. If they do, then Fifth, otherwise we're on Fourth.

Also, this war started before Garrosh took the reigns (Officially, at Wrathgate/Battle of the Undercity), he just pursued it to a greater degree after the Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/03/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Grimauna
Also, this war started before Garrosh took the reigns (Officially, at Wrathgate/Battle of the Undercity), he just pursued it to a greater degree after the Cataclysm.

Not like it matters if the person who declared the war had valid reasons to do so anyway.

EDIT: "Declared" not "started".
Edited by Grimtale on 3/3/2013 1:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
03/03/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Grimauna

It's not clear when this war started. You'd think it was then, but then the Shattering and Wolfheart indicate there was a peace immediately after that time. Then even after Cataclysm, ToW suggests that the Alliance and Horde weren't in a full war, only taking part in skirmishes.

So who knows, maybe 6.0 will tell us there never was a war. Not like things could get any more conflicting.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
03/03/2013 01:49 AMPosted by Gandred
So who knows, maybe 6.0 will tell us there never was a war. Not like things could get any more conflicting.

There's also the matter of defining what actually was war and not. For example, it was always my opinion that the PVP factions (Frostwolf, Warsong, League of Arathor, ect) were not proper members of their factions, but loosely allied organizations taking advantage of mercenaries to pursue their agendas. Whereas, others believe that what I thought was brushfire skirmishing was the Fourth War starting back in Classic.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
"First/Second/Third War" describe conflict between the Burning Legion and Azeroth, not between the Alliance and the Horde.

If it did then the First War wouldn't have been described as such (because there was no Alliance) nor would the Third War have been described as such (because the Alliance and Horde never got into open warfare.)

So, this isn't the "fourth war."
Edited by Vyrin on 3/3/2013 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
world war 1

war of stupid

war caused by thrall being blind

war of inducing forum(mostly lordaeron) rage

?
Reply Quote
03/02/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Mallyx
Am I alone in hoping that the war does end? is there anything really keeping it going outside of garrosh?

Limited resources, old wounds and butt hurt can keep this war going on for quite some time just by themselves.

And if those top being believable, we can take a beloved Alliance leader, feed him crazy pills, and you guys can get the Garrosh this time.
Reply Quote
99 Worgen Warrior
I'm calling it the Fourth War, which began at the Battle for the Undercity.
Reply Quote
99 Worgen Warrior
03/03/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Rufyn
I'm calling it the Fourth War, which began at the Battle for the Undercity.

I second this.

But really I would say the conflict has been going steady since Vanilla.

For me it's like Vanilla-WotLK it was a cold war style tension. The War proper began either at Angrathar or at the Undercity - it was the first time either faction took arms and carried a heavy assault at the other.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The War where Nobody Wins.
Reply Quote
"First/Second/Third War" describe conflict between the Burning Legion and Azeroth, not between the Alliance and the Horde.

If it did then the First War wouldn't have been described as such (because there was no Alliance) nor would the Third War have been described as such (because the Alliance and Horde never got into open warfare.)

So, this isn't the "fourth war."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
idk but the last battle where the alli pulls everything together and attacks the horde like ninjas (ITS GONNA HAPPEN WATCH!) it should be called Operation Cleansing Evil (kill garrosh >:D or cleans the sha from him w/e take him out idc)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
03/02/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Arkturas
I might agree with Garrosh's War, save for the fact that it only might serve to further center blame on him.

I expect the rest of the Horde will be happy to place the blame on him once he goes down.
Reply Quote
26 Human Paladin
Operation: Panda Freedom
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
03/02/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Jaelara
Garrosh is a symptom, not a cause
Are you even serious?

When the 4/6ths of the Horde leadership go "No, please" and he goes" Tough !@#$% do it anyway" I'd say that's no longer Symptom level.
Reply Quote
70 Human Warlock
The war where the cosmetics industry shuts down and the distresses human vixens and blood elf debutantes (the men) cause a riot and storm the goblin-ran factories demanding compensation for their looks going to the Fel. Violent words turn into physical action as hoop earrings are taken off and pressed-on nails are removed. The human women and the blood elf men retaliate and hold the goblin factory workers responsible for their CEO's irresponsible negligence of the population's dependency on cheaply-made but mass-produced lip glosses and eye shadow that perfectly matches the night sky over Ashenvale. We called it the Great Fashion Starve of '13.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]