Giving up the Ghost

58 Goblin Death Knight
obvious alt is obvious.

When should you call it quits with running a guild?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
When running with them is no longer fun or enjoyable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Are you running with a guild? Or running a guild? Tho in either case, Kalmia answer is correct, you might owe more "due process" to a guild you run than one you run with.....maybe.
Reply Quote
03/03/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Kalmia
When running with them is no longer fun or enjoyable.

As well as if the guild isn't filling what you desire.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Running a guild is not always fun, it has its ups and downs like everything else. You should call it quits when you can no longer commit your time and effort or when you start looking at it at a chore, seeing it in the same light as a dirty litter box or baby vomit in your car.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When you don't anticipate logging on to raid or do activities with your guild or guildmates, when it's an unwanted duty and nothing more - it's probably time to take stock of what's going on - are you burned out on the game, or just a bad fit for your guild? Or has the guild turned into something/taken a direction that's no longer fun for you?

If you're running a guild, at that point, you have a couple of options. You can redirect the guild - or if you have a guild that's well organized in a direction you're just not interested in - see about passing it on and finding a home that suits you that you don't need to run.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
When you spend more time managing the guild than you do playing/enjoying the game.
Reply Quote
2 Human Monk
When your heart isn't in it anymore. You are doing yourself and all the people you lead a great disservice by letting the guild die a slow death because your own lack of enthusiasm or desire to properly lead it is making it grow stagnant.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Not sure Kuluth I agree with that.

obvious alt is obvious.

When should you call it quits with running a guild?

When you've been logged out for more than 3 months and someone else takes it over. I prefer to take care of what's mine, and if what's mine isn't doing much for me, I will only log when I need to, but I don't like risking things that are mine falling into the hands of people I don't trust. There's many benefits of keeping a guild that you are no longer interested in vesting too much of your time with, and I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I mean your own guild bank, possibly some officers and members there to run it for you while you take a leave of absence. Just keep in mind, that if you are not that active a lot of people may leave. Though I have seen a few people on these forums recently complain about officers coming back infrequently and taking things from the guild bank, and because they are of a lower rank they can't overthrow them, when they are there, doing everything for their guilds...

But then again, why would anyone be doing everything for a guild where it's not appreciated?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]