The Arms of Pandaria: PVE Arms 5.4

90 Human Warrior
Pandaren have the racial ability Epicurean which doubles the food bonus the user gets. So if you’re eating the Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp (AS YOU SHOULD BE) you’d gain the bonus of 500 Strength, as opposed to 250. However if you die in a fight that bonus is lost and your race drops to the bottom in terms of DPS output.

Curoar, someone may have noticed this already and pointed it out, but the strength bonus for Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp is +300, and doubled for Pandas is +600.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
True; but both specs still value strength and crit above all other stats. So Primordius and Gaze would still be BiS.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Mr. Robot says....

I am using Mr Robot for now to help with optimizing reforging, and it says that going to the absolute cap 7.5% isn't always as good, as it might be worth it to miss once in a boss fight (7.25% hit), and have an increase in DPS, than to never miss (7.5%), but have a lower overall DPS.

Any thoughts on that?
Reply Quote
22 Blood Elf Paladin
So I need a Final answer. What is better for Arms! Mastery or Haste! what should I be reforging! haste or Mastery! I find conflicting statements on many different sites, posts, guides. What is the truth! If you could help and do! Thanks, so confused!! I appreciate it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So I need a Final answer. What is better for Arms! Mastery or Haste! what should I be reforging! haste or Mastery! I find conflicting statements on many different sites, posts, guides. What is the truth! If you could help and do! Thanks, so confused!! I appreciate it!

The secondary stat priority for arms is Crit > Haste ≥ Mastery.

Now mastery and haste are pretty much equal in dps throughput until certain checks have been met in which haste scales ahead further then mastery.

When haste is clearly much better then mastery is determined after reaching the following.. Acquiring 2p t15, acquiring the legendary meta gem, acquiring a trinket from ToT (since they use the RPPM system which benefits from haste).

Once all 3 of the above checks have been made the following occurs to the arms secondary stat priority.

Crit = 32% unbuffed > Haste > Crit over 32% unbuffed > Mastery.

The above was also just posted by me in the thread you made so whichever you see first, enjoy your answer.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I've been playing as an arms warrior and following this guide closely, but my DPS is severely lacking..

I'm doing something like 45k DPS in raidfinders, after blowing every CD.

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm glad someone put the time in for an Arms guide after I bailed. Nice job :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I've been playing as an arms warrior and following this guide closely, but my DPS is severely lacking..

For starters, you are not expertise capped. You are missing enchants and gems. What is the rotation you are using?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

For starters, you are not expertise capped. You are missing enchants and gems. What is the rotation you are using?

To answer your question: Mortal strike->CS-> Overpower-> Repeat. MS is normally off CD once my overpower charges are up. if not I'll use slam.

A friend of mine who introduced the game to me told me that if I hit the monster from the back I won't miss if I'm hit capped..?

I'm not sure if I should be gemming on current gear. Not too rich in game, and am planning to save up for gears to replace my PVP ones..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
A friend of mine who introduced the game to me told me that if I hit the monster from the back I won't miss if I'm hit capped..?

Your friend lied or you misunderstood him.

If you stand behind a boss, you can't be parried. You still can be dodged, and you need 7.50% expertise to avoid that.

You can miss from any direction, and you need 7.50% hit to avoid that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/17/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Horrorface

Your friend lied or you misunderstood him.

If you stand behind a boss, you can't be parried. You still can be dodged, and you need 7.50% expertise to avoid that.

You can miss from any direction, and you need 7.50% hit to avoid that.

Ah, now I understand. Spent quite some time reforging my stuff, and got both of those things capped already. Hopefully I'll be able to deal more damage now.

On another note, I noticed something else.The more HP a boss has, the more DPS I deal. I was able to deal about 95k DPS on a 650m boss in ToT raidfinder.( I suspect that this is due to the extended Execute phase?)

For bosses with low HP (150m and below) I deal about 50k, 300m and below I deal about 65k etc.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Stats look better. Get your Blacksmithing skill up to at least 400 in order to use the socket bonus to gloves and bracer. Your reforge on your neck is a little iffy; Crit>Haste>Mastery. Enchant your bracers, even if it's a cheap +Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
So about mr robot reforging... once again...

It says that at 7.25% hit cap, you can miss maybe once in a fight (and that's a maybe) so with some particular itemization you may realize more DPS by letting it have you slightly under - not always but sometimes, and this is dependent upon what items you have that are being reforged, and how much OVER the cap you'd end up if it tried to meet the cap, which may not be perfect.

For example if it has to meet the cap by putting you at 7.69%, due to the specifics of what can be reforged (remember you don't get to choose the amount of stats being reforged, it's predetermined on each piece of gear), you lose some DPS, but let us assume with your gear you can get to 7.31%, in which case the above.

So my question is, warriors, what do you think about that?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I'd rather be between .01-.9 over hit cap than under it.
Reply Quote
Sorry for the noob question but in the basic rotation do you use all your overpowers before you slam? like 2 or more stacks?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Sorry for the noob question but in the basic rotation do you use all your overpowers before you slam? like 2 or more stacks?

Yes and no. The reason you're using up TfB stacks for Overpower is that it lessens the CD for Mortal Strike. MS is still one of our hard-hitting attacks and it generates Rage. So more often than not, after doing OP x 2, you'll be doing MS again (instead of Slam).

Usually, there's 2 scenarios for your opener.

First Scenario:

MS, CS, OP, OP, MS, OP, OP, (Filler, i.e. Slam) ... ...

or;

Second Scenario:

MS, CS, OP, OP, MS , OP, OP, CS (IF you get a Sudden Death Proc) ... ...

The second scenario is the more favorable scenario because it extends the duration of your CS. By the time you get your 2nd cycle of OP x 2, CS should be close to expiring while MS is still coming off of CD. By the time you hit CS again, MS should be back for use.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Kegstand took the liberty of doing sims and making a BiS Arms trinket list. I'll paste the link here so it doesn't get buried underneath.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8690579120

Still a little skeptical myself but the list looks solid overall. I'll still be toying around different sets and simming them, and I'll compare to his results.
Reply Quote
Thanks alot for the reply helped alot!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I was doing a LFR the other day and there was an arms warrior completely destroying everyone in DPS. I looked at his gear expecting him to be overgeared, but no, he was in very few ToT LFR items and mostly 476/483s.

I looked at Skada... he never used Overpower outside of the Execute phase. He would use Slam instead.

Is this a legitimate strategy? O_o

Kegstand took the liberty of doing sims and making a BiS Arms trinket list. I'll paste the link here so it doesn't get buried underneath.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8690579120

Still a little skeptical myself but the list looks solid overall. I'll still be toying around different sets and simming them, and I'll compare to his results.

Only 1 LFR item is listed. Non raiders do like BiS lists too. :P
Edited by Bitsi on 4/23/2013 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Only 1 LFR item is listed. Non raiders do like BiS lists too. :P

Based on the list I gave Bitsi, it's very safe to assume that http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95726 and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95799 will be your BIS strictly out of ToT LFR.
Edited by Kegstànd on 4/24/2013 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]