To: My guildies and whoever else cares

90 Draenei Warrior
Well, I got home from work Monday and my computer wouldn't boot windows. Unfortunately enough, I had system restore disabled because it was making excessive amounts of System Volume Information anytime I ran a defrag program. Soo.... I had to return it to factory defaults and start from scratch again.

Funny enough, I got the basics up and going and... managed to break it again. Turns out if I install Avast! antivirus (which I've used for years), my computer absolutely will not boot windows. This time, at least, I had a system restore point (like it mattered this time anyways).

So, long story short, it'll probably be another day or two before I get everything up and running the way I like it and WoW installed again, especially since I'm probably going to sleep until I have to go to work. >_>
Reply Quote
Bad timing or what! Good luck getting it sorted Luna.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
but why avast? thats like still using IE
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and make a backup of your WoW installation next time. It's portable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Yes, I had Malwarebytes as well as Avast. Neither of them ever found anything, so idk why I even bothered, but such is life. >_>

I use firefox w/ noscript and adblock and tend not to do anything stupid as far as browsing habits go, so I think I genuinely never got anything.

The only reason I turned off system restore was because after doing some maintenance on my PC a while back it ended up having about 140 GB of system volume information... and only about 120 GB of my actual data. I tried using defraggler to defrag rather than the windows defragmenter and that didn't make any difference as far as SVI went.

I'll probably just have to manually back up my system every now and then. At any rate it's just an inconvenience, I don't store anything terribly important on here so it's just a matter of reinstalling everything. =(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
:(

tbh: Cho'Gall and The Zoo are a lesser place without you. You are THE MOST missed person in WoW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]