Warning New Warlocks

Threatening Presence: it has been the result of many call outs by people in this game. It is not on the Felguard/wrathguard action bar..yet it is cast. TURN IT off.

To be honest, this is an epic fail by blizzard. you have an ability with no warning, no tooltip, and not on the actionbar..by our best dps pet in most circumstances that causes no end of aggrivation to the tank and group.

If you are a new warlock..go to your pet spellbook tab with your felguard/wrathguard out. If it is toggled and you are in a group TURN IT OFF.

IMHO EPIC fail blizzard..its like a cruel joke. Sorry to those I grouped with that I didnt study on all the changes..thought this was a game not a law school exam.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warlock
A quick glance through the barely more than 1 page Pet part of the Spellbook and I noticed it before trying anything.

Know the abilities of you and your pet. It's not hard, it doesn't take long.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I can see it being a problem for new warlocks, but not us experienced ones.

You can put it on your pet bar. Not a big issue. Actually, you can move all the pet buttons around if you wish.

For the Wrathguard, I run with:
Attack, Follow, Move To, Axe Toss, Pursuit, Mortal Cleave, Threatening Presence, Assist, Defensive, Passive

I feel this should be the pet bar by default anyway, with Command Demon (found in the warlock spellbook, not the pet spellbook) on your own action bar, to control the demon special ability. In case of the Wrathguard, Wrathstorm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Like most NA people aren't just as bad if not worse...

I think you confuse a low skill level of the general population with a specific issue with one region. The only issue is communication and who actually talks in heroics anyway?
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Mage
What if i just use my imp. If i am destro on my lock XD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm beginning to need a Spanish or Brazilian translation add-on for bg's, lol.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining that they aren't using English, just that it would be nice to know when somebody is calling for help, as opposed to cursing the team.

although I just assume any phrase with "tu madre" isn't about an incoming attack. On me, anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
When I tank I just don't understand warlocks who insist on using the VW/VL in dungeons. Even if Threatening Presence is off.. it's just like... why?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/01/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Tno
IMHO EPIC fail blizzard..its like a cruel joke. Sorry to those I grouped with that I didnt study on all the changes..thought this was a game not a law school exam.
then you're gonna be sad when you hit 90 and try to do anything better than LFR...

03/03/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Gondolin
When I tank I just don't understand warlocks who insist on using the VW/VL in dungeons. Even if Threatening Presence is off.. it's just like... why?

The only thing I can honestly think of is that if the tank dies their pet can tank. that's it though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've soulburned out a VL when a tank dies, to buy time to rez the tank or finish the boss, but, yeah, not the minion I'd start with.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warlock
The biggest issue I had figuring out where this was to turn off (and I spent a few days doing so) was in that, there are a number of pet abilities in the main spellbook pages. They are also repeated in the pet pages. Yet, Threatening Presence is not. Yes, I am newly returned to WoW after having been away since before MoP, yes I am only a casual player. But... it would be nice to have a straightforward warlock spellbook?

Why not just put ALL pet abilities in the pet pages Blizzard? Why have some in both but not all?

It would have been nice is someone in the game had helped all the times I asked in a channel as well but at the same time really, the player base shouldn't have to help one another wade through the ridiculous mess that is the warlock spellbook. It needs fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]