Fair well arcane...

12 Human Warlock
So according to Zarhym the patch is this week so I'm here to bit goodbye to our arcane spec. It was fun we had a blast back in cata and part of MoP you will be missed...till you are changed again in 5.3
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Where did Zarhym say this?
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
RIP
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/03/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Napwneon
Where did Zarhym say this?

Idk about Zarhym but Ion Hazzikostas said in the Gamebreaker interview "I am sure we will see them in this coming week running in there with raid of half main half alts" and that was March 1, 2013. Its around 15:55

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/greg-street-ion-hazzikostas-interview-gb-2/
Edited by Medívh on 3/3/2013 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
also, pvp season ends tuesday, so that usually means patch day.
Reply Quote
12 Human Warlock
Seems a lot of mages are going warlock too so rip mage? xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/03/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Lamiai

I expect this patch will have a negative effect on Mage raid attendance until Fire mages get to about ilvl 530 and start wiping the floor with everyone again. Then expect another population boost.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
03/03/2013 11:36 PMPosted by Medívh

I expect this patch will have a negative effect on Mage raid attendance until Fire mages get to about ilvl 530 and start wiping the floor with everyone again. Then expect another population boost.

haha then expect another crit nerf or something and let the cycle continue. I do believe they are investigating some non linear solutions to the scaling problems.

Crit with Diminishing returns would help; more crit will still help at high crit levels but wont givesas much % per rating, this would then allow other stats like haste and mastery to become better too. This system would follow some sort of curve depending on balance required.

just an idea of many they can implement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

haha then expect another crit nerf or something and let the cycle continue. I do believe they are investigating some non linear solutions to the scaling problems.

Crit with Diminishing returns would help; more crit will still help at high crit levels but wont givesas much % per rating, this would then allow other stats like haste and mastery to become better too. This system would follow some sort of curve depending on balance required.

just an idea of many they can implement.

I think the Blatty announcement that Method will be sitting their Mages is about the end the nerf cycle. The casual crowd around here likes to make light of top guilds sitting classes for an entire content tier, but its a big deal from a development stand point. Whatever changes happen now, I'd put money that Blizzard is going to be much more careful with their changes and won't be hiding behind their "classes sucking is just flavor!" defense anymore.
Edited by Medívh on 3/4/2013 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/04/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Medívh
will be sitting their Mages

Lol. Other classes get benched on and off and deal with it. Sadly the truth is no guild is going to bench their mages. I won't actually happen. EVER.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
03/04/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Fats

Lol. Other classes get benched on and off and deal with it. Sadly the truth is no guild is going to bench their mages. I won't actually happen. EVER.

It's happened in the past. Back in Sunwell, just about every progression guild dropped to 0 or 1 mage in favor of bringing a 5th warlock. That lasted the entire tier.

It can definitely happen again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/04/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Fats

People hear something like this and assume it means "your guild master is about the bench you". That's not what people mean. In a guild like Method, yes they are getting benched. However a majority use alts and according to his live stream yesterday, only 1 mage in method is in serious danger of riding the bench, the rest will be on their extremely well geared alts running in the main raid group.

No, what people mean by this is guilds are going to start closing mage recruitment. So if your guild falls apart (and 6 months is a long road to say you're bulletproof) you might be SoL if you're running high end content. It won't be the case that you put in your app showing your cutting edge achievements as a mage and you get a raid slot, because the fact is when they've got 1 solid slot open and you've got a Mage app, a Boomkin app and a Warlock app, only an idiot would recruit the mage. That application would need to be miles and miles better than the alternatives.
Reply Quote
Good bye arcane hellow fire. Welcome back fire mages.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RIP my arcane mage... it was a lot of fun while it lasted...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
In 5.1 there was purpose for me
In 5.2 I don't know what it will be
from my missile to my blast
it was all nerfed so fast
I can't complain or show my rage
or ghost-crawler will lock my page
so I'll just keep playing until they fix my mage.
Edited by Frostshade on 3/5/2013 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
In 5.1 there was purpose for me
In 5.2 I don't know what it will be
from my missile to my blast
it was all nerfed so fast
I can't complain or show my rage
or ghost-crawler will lock my page
so I'll just keep playing until they fix my mage.

Terrible spelling and grammar, but I laughed.
Edited by Interobang on 3/5/2013 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yea, if I'm reading patch notes right... and I'd like to think that I am. Then Arcane pretty much got a steel-toed boot kick in the balls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I won't miss arcane.
Reply Quote
I won't miss arcane.

^This
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm glad I'm in a guild full of decent human beings who don't give a flying pig if mages are top-notch - or any class, for that matter. I'll do what I want and we'll all have fun.

Sorry to hear you guys are so uptight. c:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]