Resto shaman in 5.2, no real changes?

90 Draenei Shaman
I am reading lots of notes on shaman in 5.2 being better than other healers (aside from paladins). Then I read the patch notes on resto and there are none. No changes to resto at all (assuming you keep Healing Tide Totem).

Are other healers just being nerfed badly, or am I missing something? We're clearly in the bottom tier of healers in 5.1, but I see no changes that affect shaman healing being added in 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
They did reduce Healing Rain's mana cost by 15%. This is a minor buff.

Shamans don't really need an overhaul. Chain Heal could be more optimal, but other than that, they have their place and they're brought to raids.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Correct: no big changes.

I think the resto theorycrafters are saying that the changes to Ancestral Guidance still won't bring it close to HTT as lvl 75 talent for the majority of situations, and that the changes to Conductivity still won't make it desirable ever.

The fact seems to be that Blizz thinks the spec is about where they *want* to see the other healers, and the stronger healing classes are being toned down to hopefully fall more in line with us.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Bottom tier healer? I top charts when i raid, no matter what the other Healer/s are.. didn't really think we needed a buff as badly as druids did.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bottom tier healer? I top charts when i raid, no matter what the other Healer/s are.. didn't really think we needed a buff as badly as druids did.

Agreed.

Also anyone that complains about Shaman healing is doing it wrong imo. If you know what you are doing then you shouldn't have any trouble at all keeping up with any other healing class.

If you walk in and think you're going to chain heal spam and mismanage your riptide, unleash elements, totems and CDs and then complain you can't just drop HR and CH and top the charts then... idk what to tell you. A Shaman in the right hands is not at all a class in need of buffing or changing. I'm really glad they didn't mess with anything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shamans have been based around 3 minute cd's this expac. And in those situations we have the best raid savers. The rest of the toolkit is balanced around the cd's otherwise shaman would be completely broken.

Shamans have never been chart toppers in a raid with equally skilled/geared healers. But the little things we do during encounters that go un-noticed by the rest of the raid make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.

We are getting a 15% reduction in mana cost for HR this tier which is okay. Will let you cast a few more filler spells. And with the T15 4 pc it could add up to 10% more healing at the end of the day. So not terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Shamans have been based around 3 minute cd's this expac. And in those situations we have the best raid savers. The rest of the toolkit is balanced around the cd's otherwise shaman would be completely broken.

Shamans have never been chart toppers in a raid with equally skilled/geared healers. But the little things we do during encounters that go un-noticed by the rest of the raid make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.

We are getting a 15% reduction in mana cost for HR this tier which is okay. Will let you cast a few more filler spells. And with the T15 4 pc it could add up to 10% more healing at the end of the day. So not terrible.

We have more CDs than any other class not to mention MTT which is sooo useful this expansion. Ascendance, Healing Tide (best CD in the game atm imo), SLT, then if you go with your elemental talent you get 2 elementals to use too. If you play your cards right and macro/buff accordingly when using these CDs there is absolutely no reason a Shaman can't top charts even with similarly skilled players. Especially with the disc priest changes now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
there is absolutely no reason a Shaman can't top charts even with similarly skilled players

Not going to tell you that you are wrong. Just speaking from personal experience.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/05/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Sadiemay
there is absolutely no reason a Shaman can't top charts even with similarly skilled players

Not going to tell you that you are wrong. Just speaking from personal experience.

What classes are you seeing 'chart top'? Only consistently top class I see is Disc Priest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well played paladins, holy priests, disc priests. Not that i worry all too much about it myself. As long as things get dead i don't concern myself with meters all too much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well played paladins, holy priests, disc priests. Not that i worry all too much about it myself. As long as things get dead i don't concern myself with meters all too much.

Idk... what 'level' are you seeing this? I have seen well played of all healers come away with almost equal healing in 25 man raids at least. Weakest healer being druid. I main switched from druid mid expansion and it's the only healing class I've really seen falling behind.

*shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
only thing i find bad about playing my shaman (in pvp) is when im constantly silenced/interrupted, causing me to be locked out of my totems.

totems, in my opinion, should not be considered a spell or part of a nature lock.
if anything, cause them to be affected by AoE damage.

But really, I shouldnt be locked completely out of any defensive CD when im interrupted/silenced, when an ele sham and thunderstorm people away when interrupted,silenced and stunned.
Edited by Cubchoo on 3/5/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
only thing i find bad about playing my shaman (in pvp) is when im constantly silenced/interrupted, causing me to be locked out of my totems.

totems, in my opinion, should not be considered a spell or part of a nature lock.

I'll second that. I find that PvP on a Shaman is not at all viable for someone who does it very casual. I know that there are shaman out there owning and all that but when that's not my 'main interest' in the game and something i just do when wanting to mess around I hate how unplayable this toon feels.

I feel we have virtually no defenses really and with totem lock out that makes what little skills we have hard to access when they are actually useful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I'll second that. I find that PvP on a Shaman is not at all viable for someone who does it very casual. I know that there are shaman out there owning and all that but when that's not my 'main interest' in the game and something i just do when wanting to mess around I hate how unplayable this toon feels.

I feel we have virtually no defenses really and with totem lock out that makes what little skills we have hard to access when they are actually useful.

shamans (resto in particular) literally have nothing they can use when locked out-- because being locked out means you are locked out of 90% of your spells. What should I do when I'm interrupted? ok let me far sight 100 yards away, maybe that will heal me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
APM
03/05/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Phaill

You think beating players in looking for fail means your healing class is good?

Shamans have great CD's and have good synergy with other healers. By mechanics a good disc priest or holy pally is gonna destroy a shaman simply because of absorbs.

When absorbs wear off your competing for whats left with the disc or pally. So no there is no way a shaman in a actual raid would out heal those two. Shamans are good healers i like healing with them.

But no looking for fail is not a good places to judge numbers
Edited by Loratabb on 3/5/2013 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm pretty excited for the HR buff and our new tier bonuses, personally. We're comfortable. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/05/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Kderps
Idk... what 'level' are you seeing this?

Mostly H25's but dabble in H10's. And like i said it doesn't worry me all that much. Been maining a shaman for a long time now, and i enjoy the class. Never was into winning the meters.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/05/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Kderps
disc priest changes

Shaman will benefit from this.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Druid
What is SLT?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]