Security: Which is better, chrome or firefox?

65 Night Elf Death Knight
I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

It's probably been debated to death, but I'm in a rut here.

I don't really mind whats fastest, as long as the security's good. I'm usually careful about what I go on and click, but I'd like to have some good protection on my browser too. and I have add-ons like Adblock, and if I choose firefox I'd be adding Adblock, + Noscript (if that's possible) I just don't know which browsers better.

So.. Ladies, Gentlemen, I ask you.... which is better, Chrome, or Firefox? :)
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Death Knight
I personally prefer Firefox. Chrome is in a way too slick and streamlined for my tastes in a browser.

My reasoning is thus: with Firefox, I can actually get under the hood enough to tell the program what I truly want. However, with Chrome, I just get a pen-like functionality. I don't know how to work with Chrome enough to get to what Firefox has nicely placed right where I need the command.

For Firefox, click on the orange Firefox button in the top left corner, and look on the right side for the blue puzzle piece that has, "Add-ons" on that same line.

In Chrome, I don't even care about the program enough to use it.

Speed-wise, Firefox is not Google Chrome, and most people go to Google to search for things across the net these days. While this may make things easier on the Google sites, the rest of the net is usually not on their servers.

That said, Firefox is much easier to get inside of and make it work my way. I don't recall Chrome having anything out in the open in the versions I have tried, such as the menus and other subsystem access points (Add-ons, Bookmarks, etc.) in any easily accessible area that I can think of at this time.
Reply Quote
65 Night Elf Death Knight
I personally prefer Firefox. Chrome is in a way too slick and streamlined for my tastes in a browser.

My reasoning is thus: with Firefox, I can actually get under the hood enough to tell the program what I truly want. However, with Chrome, I just get a pen-like functionality. I don't know how to work with Chrome enough to get to what Firefox has nicely placed right where I need the command.

For Firefox, click on the orange Firefox button in the top left corner, and look on the right side for the blue puzzle piece that has, "Add-ons" on that same line.

In Chrome, I don't even care about the program enough to use it.

Speed-wise, Firefox is not Google Chrome, and most people go to Google to search for things across the net these days. While this may make things easier on the Google sites, the rest of the net is usually not on their servers.

That said, Firefox is much easier to get inside of and make it work my way. I don't recall Chrome having anything out in the open in the versions I have tried, such as the menus and other subsystem access points (Add-ons, Bookmarks, etc.) in any easily accessible area that I can think of at this time.

Thank you for the reply. Long day of deciding and looking info up, but I've went with Firefox. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There is a good Add-On I use for FireFox myself.

It's called NoScript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/noscript/

You can get one for Chrome as well but I haven't used that browser myself, as it's not compatible with about 90% of the websites I use for work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]