5.2 Seal of Justice vs Seal of Truth Ret PvP

Hey there, Paladin forums. I just had a quick question about the Seal of Justice buff.

For those who don't know:

Seal of Justice now causes melee attacks to deal an additional 20% (was 16%) as Holy damage.

Will this warrant choosing Seal of Justice as a 'main seal' to use in PvP over Seal of Truth? And why?

Edit: Additional questions:

Will Ret overall be better compared to how it was in 5.1? I see that off-healing for buffed a little bit and AW is down to 2 minutes.
Edited by Hranu on 3/4/2013 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's preference.. use justice when you need a slow. Or if your too lazy spec into bog.

I myself will still mainly use truth. Cuz it's the TRUTH SON
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Solo BG's
I prefer SoJ-FoJ because I set up a lot of my burst around stuns, and killing ppl is important. I switch to SoT if I notice my target is usually already snared by someone else. SoT-BoG makes you extra sticky and can be fun for escaping if that's your thing.

Arena
SoT-FoJ is probably the most common because teammates usually bring snares. If you run something a little off the beaten track like Ret-'lock-healer, use SoJ. SoT-BoG is usually a poor choice because FoJ is so good in arena.

RBG's
Most Rets probably use SoT for maximum damage and BoG to ensure their target is immediately snared. If someone else makes most of the calls, I think FoJ can work too -- in big team fights, primarily use it as CC and let someone else use an undispellable stun on the target. If you forgo BoG, remember to switch to SoJ when split off from the main group and the situation requires a snare.

03/04/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Hranu
Will Ret overall be better compared to how it was in 5.1? I see that off-healing for buffed a little bit and AW is down to 2 minutes.

A little bit better in RBG's, but not enough to turn the heads of randoms, and a lot better in arena. Don't miss the HoSac buff which makes it now remove magic debuffs. This is amazing in arena because the Ret is usually trained, and Sac is currently useless when trained. Now you can dispel your teammates out of CC so they can protect you.
Edited by Hafleur on 3/4/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Waaaait did they remove the stacking buff from SoJ that adds x amount of damage to your next TV?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
03/05/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Jùdgemental
Waaaait did they remove the stacking buff from SoJ that adds x amount of damage to your next TV?

Yes. They reverted back to the weapon damage + snare version, but with higher weapon damage.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Ret should be a lot better in 3s anyway. Historically in our 3s games at gladiator level rating (not this season, the past 3) our retribution paladin is the one that is trained. This was because sacrifice doesn't work when being trained and because selfless healer isn't as good on yourself, obviously.

The magic dispel component is pretty amazing especially when you have two of them (when talented). We ran with a shaman so fears weren't that big of a deal, but our ret paladin being able to break our shaman out of hunter traps, sheeps, other CC and blanket silences is going to be pretty amazing.

Combine it with more burst opportunities with 2 minute wings and more healing potential and I think the spec should be pretty good in 3s at least.

It's not enough in RBGs for sure though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]