5.2!

90 Gnome Priest
Last night I couldn't really sleep all that well.

I was tossing and turning, and all that was tumbling around in the engine of my mind was...

"I hope they have more dailies."

Thank goodness for fulfilled dreams.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm still trying to remember how to play. I panic and hearth back to SW.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Best of luck to all in 5.2, go get those kills!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How'd you feel about the Thunderforged item drop rates, Sub? I'm doing 10 mans again in a late (LATE) night guild to accommodate a 2nd job that I picked up last week, and I feel like the tuning on 10 man is fine. I don't anticipate having any problems clearing at least most of the raid this week, but wondered how the Thunderforged drop rates were like with the increased chance to drop, and 3 times more items dropping per boss on 25 man. We got the Thunderforged agility neck off Horridon, but I figure our results were probably unordinary.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't personally see an issue with 10 mans being eligible for Thunderforged loot. It was designed to be an incentive for 25 mans, and while I don't know that it accomplished that to the degree that Blizz was hoping it would, it did indeed give 25 mans a distinct advantage in terms of gearing even quicker than 10s than they always have. Many of the 10 man guilds I've talked to who cleared anywhere from 4-7 bosses last night didn't see any Thunderforged loot at all. While most of the 25 man teams I talked to saw several pieces.

As it's always been, you'll still have 10 man teams who end up sharding portions of their drops throughout the night. That very rarely happens in 25 mans until at least halfway through the tier when everyone has the gear thats dropping. So now not only is gear in 10 mans being wasted (as opposed to 25 mans that can almost always utilize it), but there's a chance now that even if the 10 man group gets lucky enough to see a Thunderforged piece of gear, they won't even have anyone in the group that can use it for main spec.

This isn't a new development. 25 mans have always geared up quicker and easier as a whole than 10 mans. But, now you have higher ilevel gear dropping at a higher rate for those groups.

It's not a bad thing. 25 mans did need an incentive to coerce players to do them. And they got it. It's not enough, in my opinion, but it's something. I don't think you're going to see very many 10 man teams rocking much Thunderforged gear for quite a while, unless they are getting super lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
~guffaw~

I don't raid anymore (I'm just back for questing, talking to anyone that I still know, etc.) so this conversation doesn't really impact me, but why should a super prestigious incredibly important 25 man heroic raider care about the 10 man normal mode rewards? If your reward is the super prestige and incredible importance, why care about the loot that someone else receives? Do you keep tabs on your co-workers to ensure that they aren't living in a slightly better house than you?
Edited by Hippolyda on 3/7/2013 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/11/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Subrosian
Do you keep tabs on your co-workers to ensure that they aren't living in a slightly better house than you?

You don't get paid the same amount of money for flipping burgers that you do for grilling steaks, and in the case of 10-mans, most of them are still on fry duty.

I get that you feel like 25 mans are superior to 10 mans, but it confuses me that you try so hard to insult anyone who raids 10 mans. You were personally a huge advocate for 10 man raiding when MoP released, claiming that it was the way to go if you were serious about getting the harder content; saying that 25 mans had it too easy with gearing up quicker and lack of personal responsibility. You were unfortunately banned from the forums, so all those posts were deleted. Otherwise I'd link them for you. But, less than 6 months ago, you were preaching the exact opposite of what you preach now. And I can only assume it's because that's what you were raiding at the time.

While normal modes are highly irrelevant, and next lockout we'll be able to get a better idea of tuning for the different raid sizes for Heroics, it's pretty widely agreed upon so far that the tuning for 10 man regular ToT is tighter than 25 mans. Almost 40% of 25 mans downed Megaera for example, while less than 10% of 10 mans have. That's just the first kill I looked at, because that happens to be the kill that we didn't get this week. But, you can look at any kill and see it's the same way. Durumu - 20% of 25 mans have killed him; 5% of 10 mans.

Obviously those stats aren't precise ways to measure difficulty in and of themselves, but it does lend a suggestion towards something. Several guilds on Zul'Jin are already looking to combine 10 man groups to make a 25 man, in order to get easier kills. Which is what Blizzard wanted, I'm assuming. The 15% difference in Thunderforged chance is.... "meh" to most raiders, but if those same raiders know that they can progress twice as fast if they go 25 man? That's quite a bit more incentive.

Again, this is normal mode tuning, which is meaningless for most serious guilds who really only concern themselves with HM tuning, but for you to blatantly insult anyone who raids 10 mans, claiming that 25 man is the only "real raiding".... it's sad. Especially when you were personally claiming entirely the opposite as truth when you were raiding 10 mans. It doesn't make any sense.

TL;DR- I really need to go outside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]