Realm transfers

100 Undead Mage
After multiple chats with many different GMs, I've been directed to the realm forum to plea for free transfers off of Sargeras Horde. I feel that the server has long died out and my guild of over a year now has deserted me and others alone on a server with less than 250 people on at any given time. I feel this will have no effect at all.

However an effective solution to the problem lies with getting people from realms that are over populated with Horde, which there is equally a handful and offer at least something beneficial other than just saying well you can transfer off to a server, such as this, with no Horde population at all. Why would anyone put them self in that situation. I think that some work needs to be put into trying to balance servers such as Sargeras or any other in our situation or anything that they plan to do about World PvP is completely irrelevant.
Edited by Suhtiva on 3/3/2013 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Less than 200 people on during peak periods is correct. I have used the who function to see this.

Bliz should at least allow the few horde players left to freely transfer to another low pop horde to help out. Or vise versa. Ever since the alliance racials were tons better horde has died on most servers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
The link below will take you to a gallery of multiple "/who" of high traffic zones on Sargeras taken today, Saturday March 2nd at around 1:30 server time. Doesn't look like transfers would be a bad idea >.<

http://s1296.beta.photobucket.com/user/StereoBloodlust/library/

EDIT: Just wanted to add that with the math done, that is a total of 67 people across almost all of the major cities and MoP areas, 10 zones in total. :P
Edited by Suhtiva on 3/2/2013 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
that is pretty crazy
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
At Peak times there is less then 10 level 90's in org!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
03/02/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Emancipation
Ever since the alliance racials were tons better horde has died on most servers.

horde isnt dead on most servers, and alliance racials arent tons better either.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
03/02/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Lukk
Ever since the alliance racials were tons better horde has died on most servers.

horde isnt dead on most servers, and alliance racials arent tons better either.

Please don't argue exhausted points here >.< hopefully trying to get something done by doing this, and that is the last we need.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Usually they offer free transfers off of high populated realms to go to another set of specific servers with low population all around.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
http://wow.realmpop.com/us-sargeras.html

I was also directed here to make a plea to get transfers turned on here.

Seeing a horde while questing and leveling up is akin to seeing a unicorn.

Our AH is dead, our raids are dead, theres just nothing for the horde. Theres to many problems that cross realm zones dont fix.
Edited by Tastycorn on 3/3/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I will agree that free transfers off overpopulated realms/factions to lower populated ones are needed, but I don't think that's enough. Blizzard needs to put in some sort of incentive to those willing to do that. Faster exp, honor, valor....stuff like that would go a long way I think, coupled with the free transfers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Maybe just a better advertising scheme, call people to aid in the server resurrection or something appealing hm? Along with some bonuses too of course :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard will never allow the horde to transfer off. The closest you will get is them allowing alliance to transfer off, or horde to transfer on. Both of which would my happen because alliance are sitting happy and who would transfer to such a low horde pop server to play horde.

The only fix would be to lock the alliance side from creating new toons or anything to force people to either make a horde toon or to get people to play on another realm. This too is infeasible.

Can't offer faster xp or anything because people would simply level here and transfer off. What blizzard needs to do is what they are most scared of and merge servers. But as always when those words come out blizzard hides cause merging servers is a sign of a dying game.

The problem will never get fixed. What's worse is that there are severs that are just as bad as sargeras. There are even servers with populations this low for alliance AND horde.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
03/03/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Emancipation
or horde to transfer on.

They wouldn't allow free transfers here since it's already a high pop realm.

lock the alliance side from creating new toons

Lock the server from having people transfer over here would help a little.

Can't offer faster xp or anything because people would simply level here and transfer off.

It would make Blizzard more money, so don't cross that off the list.

What blizzard needs to do is what they are most scared of and merge servers

Merging servers with Sargeras would cause the server to be just as unstable as Illidan. It would not be fun waiting a few hours to log into WoW when a patch is released or an Xpac.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Locking transfers is retarded, sorry but thats totally ludicrous. Blizz will never shut something off that makes them money, also they will never lock something that keeps friends from playing together.
Same thing with locking a certain faction from making alts, also just as ludicrous.

I really liked what this guy said. I think this is a great step in the right direction.
03/03/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Diablous
I will agree that free transfers off overpopulated realms/factions to lower populated ones are needed, but I don't think that's enough. Blizzard needs to put in some sort of incentive to those willing to do that. Faster exp, honor, valor....stuff like that would go a long way I think, coupled with the free transfers.

Anyway, I played Horde Sargeras for 5 years in VoS. I miss horde so much but playing on a dead server was just stupid and a waste of my $15 a month.
My advice, unless you have all your friends on horde side, suck it up and pay the muhlaa to get off Horde Sargeras. Either come ally(bc the only diff is the graphic skin of the races when you really get down to it) or go to a better Horde server.

P.S... I have add that Alliance has the PvP racials, but horde dominates the PvE racials.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
None of those would be viable solutions, players would complain regardless. The only viable solution I see it:

Give a 1-2 month warning that a server will be shutting down - Allow completely free transfers off to select servers that also have population issues. After the time has passed to select where your characters go, force push the rest of the characters.

Use a hierarchy to determine where to send the toons if they had to be force pushed
1) If x% of a guild went to a particular server and your toons in that guild force push to that server.
2) If x% of friends list went to a particular server and so on.

This would give no player and "unfair advantage" (Quicker xp, honor, valor, etc)
No one could complain, after all, similar to Halo's idea of transferring factions being a mear skin change, this method of forcing to new servers is no different even on that level. Its same every single thing except a server name.

The only people who would complain here are people who "like Sargeras" but as a Sargeras native, I can promise you the amount of people from the original Sargeras horde side is less than 5% and the ones that are left are quickly diminishing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
In my opinion, offer Alliance some incentives to transfer to horde. If horde side were to open up free transfers to here, my warrior would be moved here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Omniqt - There is nothing they could do that would be considered "fair gameplay" that would get people to come to sargeras.

Sarcasm: When the ratio is worse than 75/25 the 25% side should gain a 300% buff on life and damage!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I played both horde/alliance on this realm but when horde started race changing or xfering away I'm all allaince... and I will never xfer off Sarg. If horde were to rebuild a population only than would I consider going horde on Sarg again
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Instead of merging servers, merge factions! We can be one happy loving family.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]