Lack of Mage weapons in...

...the Throne of Thunder.

I was just checking out the loot tables for the new Raid. I may be mistaken but I only saw 2 weapons that mages can use and neither of them had hit on them. I saw one staff with haste and mastery. I also saw a dagger with crit and mastery. There was one sword that had intellect but that also had spirit so that's a no go.

I only saw one off hand frill and that too was missing hit.

Please tell me I was looking at an incomplete loot table. We should have more 2 weapons available to us right?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
...the Throne of Thunder.

I was just checking out the loot tables for the new Raid. I may be mistaken but I only saw 2 weapons that mages can use and neither of them had hit on them. I saw one staff with haste and mastery. I also saw a dagger with crit and mastery. There was one sword that had intellect but that also had spirit so that's a no go.

I only saw one off hand frill and that too was missing hit.

Please tell me I was looking at an incomplete loot table. We should have more 2 weapons available to us right?

The last time I checked, this was the case. No caster DPS sword, 1 dagger, and 1 staff. Very disappointing, especially the lack of a sword. I have a lot of awesome transmog swords.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I actually hadn't looked at the loot tables before right now but found quite a few more weapons than you are talking about that can be used by Mages.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items?filter-ilvl-max=522&filter-ilvl-min=522&filter-intellect-op=1&filter-intellect-val=1&filter-patch=16408&filter-pvpp-op=6&filter-pvpp-val=1&filter-pvpr-op=6&filter-pvpr-val=1&filter-slot=2285568&filter-spirit-op=6&filter-spirit-val=1&filter-usable-class=8&sort=slot

Seems like there are two staves, one with hit (as you were noting a lack of hit on weapons). Two Daggers, a wand and two off-hands.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Amusingly I think this tier has the most caster weapons that have ever been in one dungeon, as long as you don't count 10 and 25 raids that had different loot tables as the same one.
Reply Quote
This is good news. I was looking at WoWhead when I made this thread. Next time I will use WoWDB. Thanks!
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
What difference does it make whether the weapons have hit? It is easy to reach your hit cap through gems chants and reforging.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
WTS Arcane spec, WTB Battle Mage spec
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
where do you guys check the entire loot table? i just saw some items being sold by factions in mmo champ, not the raid loots though
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
It matters that it doesn't have hit because healers will be rolling on the same item... at least every group I've seen, healers are allowed rolls on caster items without spirit, while spirit items are useless for mages.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]