Holy PvP : Arcane Torrent + Blinding Light ?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi,

I have a small PvP experience so I needed advice from you guys. Last Arena season, when I had a melee on my back, I was often using Blinding Light as a CC for escaping/healing room.

Like we all know, we had 2 instant CC so even if the oponent use his trinket and Im in trouble : I use HoJ, he trinkets, then I used Blinding Light and I heal myself or sprint and go LoS.

Now the Blinding light will be interrputed (pummel, Holy lock, etc...). But what if I cast Arcane Torrent just before my BLinding Light? Silence prevents from a warrior to pummel right ? (If he's silenced, well... he cant pummel ... right ? hehe).

Arcane Torrent silence is only 2 sec long, but it would give me enough time to cast Blinding Light (maybe via a macro) and then heal/escape. Tauren can do the same via Was Stomp also I guess?

What you guys think about that? Is that viable or you guys have better ideas? Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Silencing will still allow the Warrior to use pummel, he won't be able to use any "shout" spells, but that's all. Your best bet is to learn how to fake cast. In fact, you absolutely need to learn how to juke if you want to reach a decent rating. Just start casting it, use a stopcasting macro, or just move to cancel the spell about 1/3 of the way through it, maybe slightly less, you'll get a feel for it once you do it enough. The Warrior will waste his pummel, and you'll be able to freecast. But be aware that lots of classes can just stun you or use some other form of CC if you juke their kicks., or they can simply move out of range of your blind, so you need to use it strategically. You can blind them out of a HoJ, or repentance, would probably make things easier if you're trying to set up a chain.
Reply Quote
We did get upgraded Light's Hammer (now also applies a 50% snare for 2 seconds to targets that take damage from the area of effect)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
To my knowledge, none of the melee interrupts are affected by silence. They are all considered physical attacks.

This would include warriors, rogues, paladins, and monks. I believe hunters have the only ranged interrupt that's considered a physical effect if they're specced into Silencing Shot. I'm not sure about Death Knights - Strangulate's considered a spell, but Brain Freeze might or might not be.

Also consider using Devotion Aura if you absolutely have to get a hard cast off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/05/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Senaria
Silencing will still allow the Warrior to use pummel, he won't be able to use any "shout" spells, but that's all. Your best bet is to learn how to fake cast. In fact, you absolutely need to learn how to juke if you want to reach a decent rating. Just start casting it, use a stopcasting macro, or just move to cancel the spell about 1/3 of the way through it, maybe slightly less, you'll get a feel for it once you do it enough. The Warrior will waste his pummel, and you'll be able to freecast. But be aware that lots of classes can just stun you or use some other form of CC if you juke their kicks., or they can simply move out of range of your blind, so you need to use it strategically. You can blind them out of a HoJ, or repentance, would probably make things easier if you're trying to set up a chain.

Thanks for letting me know that pummel is not affected by Arcane Torrent. Good advice on fake casting to put his pummel on CD.

Well I have no problem on setting up a chain, its more of using it when im in health trouble and my bubble is on CD for example... Blinding Light was great as instant cast, but ill try to fake cast it.

Do you thing more will trade Repentance for Fist of Justice to get quicker instant cast CC, even if its shorten the chain?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/05/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Camaeris
Also consider using Devotion Aura if you absolutely have to get a hard cast off.

True.

Ya I was too optimistic on my silence... thought it was effective on physical ability! hehe
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]