Secrets of the isle of thunder.......

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
gotta get 3 ritual stones.......anybody have an idea on where the heck to get these???? ive been killing non stop since patch went live and not 1 single one......
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
They are stated in the quest text to be extremely rare. I haven't found one yet either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
found one in a treasure chest in a crack by the beach.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Treasure chests and the cache from the last kill "x"named mob at the end apparently.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
This is what im looking for. Nothing good in this post. Chest and ALL the rares that spawn here drop it to plus 15 valor. But me and guidies farmed the hell out of the rares. I still only have one stone!! I hope chest drops more. But damn the rare spawns drop rate. Still good if your looking for a few valor i guess....damn. Does anyone know the rate for rares? Or do they only drop one a day?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I got 2 today...both from chests
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I was killing left and right for hours, I didn't get any and I couldn't find any chests that had it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
more feedback please
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i got one before i even got this quest from the big boss raptor-lizard-human thing ontop of the hill in igaluk-crag

edit: his name is progentius and is a rare spawn that requires a group to kill
Edited by Kobane on 3/6/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No treasure run today...
No chests in caves...
No stones...

...I sit with 2.
Reply Quote
I was able to get 3 yesterday.

1 from a mob drop doing dailies.
1 from a chest
1 from a rare mob

Now i'm on teh next part and you need like 9 of them and I've struck out today. No luck with chests and rares have been less than awesome with their drops.

A guildee of mine got 3 today just doing dailies. I am so jealous of him atm. (RNG is coll bro)
Reply Quote
There was a post by a Blue in general that the stone only drops for sure once from a rare and trove a week. RNG for other from other sources.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
3 stones yesterday - 1 from rare spawn, 1 from chest, and 1 from a chest in the solo scenario. so now I am on the Champions quest to either round up 9 stones or have 3 people with 3 stones each. myself.. I went back and helped someone else with their Setting the Trap quest and that gave me credit for the spirit champion without the need of my own stones. so now I'm down to needing 3 stones if I can get someone else to farm the other 3, or 6 stones if I don't want to rely on anyone else to get the ridiculous gathering done.

today camped both rare spawns and chests for 7 hours. found 0 chests, killed 11 rare spawns and got 0 stones for the effort. I was not even able to loot the last 3 rare spawns I helped kill even after relogging and rezoning. that was pretty fail if you ask me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Here is an important notice for anyone who is farming rares and has already received a stone from a rare:

You can only get one ritual stone from a rare per week! This is confirmed by a blue, so once you get a stone drop from a rare for the week, the only other source you can get them from for the rest of the week is chests, mobs, or the thing you get from the last daily.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You can only get one ritual stone from a rare per week! This is confirmed by a blue, so once you get a stone drop from a rare for the week, the only other source you can get them from for the rest of the week is chests, mobs, or the thing you get from the last daily.

I've heard the same is true for the treasure runs as well, one per week.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

read this last night.. not too happy about it as I feel it was some pretty critical information that wasn't included in the patch notes. so many people have been running around just wasting many many hours killing these rares for no real reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So one stone from troves, one from rares, what is a reliable way to get a third stone in the week? I ran the solo scenario and was unlucky and did not receive one.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Not sure there is a "reliable" way, but I've gotten them from the reward from the final daily, a rare kill, the treasure scenario (more than one in a single run, in fact), the mobs you summon with the incantations (e.g. Incantation of Vu), a Mogu-style treasure chest in the troll area, and a random mob during a quest.

Not all on one toon, mind you. I've got 3 90s. But I think that covers all the different sources I've personally experienced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]