revive / miss / dodge

90 Undead Warlock
well after a few days stright collecting pets in battle and mind numbingly trying to win the pet trainers fights i can easly say this has NOTHING to do with skill. the dodge and miss RNG is unbeliveable. i can fight a trainer and completely destroy them, then next time (useing same pets and ability / tactic) i get utterly destroyed by only 1 of their pets. trying to win the same battle over and over again dosen't even have a remotely similar battle as the one before, even though its the same pets, same level same tactic.... miss miss miss hit miss dodge hit.

I could probubly deal with that bulls*** if it wasn't for the horrid revive battle pets cooldown. that is hands down the worst and most aggravating thing that i can't stand about this mini game thats supposed to be for entertainment. It gives no gear, no character buffs, no anything, but it is treated like its a game breaker if the cooldown was reduced or even removed.

People make arguements that its so you have to think about the battle you are about to get into. that would make sence if the RNG wasn't so bad that even if it was planned out perfictly RNG, can, and has, made many people loose a battle like they never had a chance.

some say, go do something untill the cooldown is finished, In a perfict world we would have things to do neer by and it would be a problem. but this is NOT a perfict world, the travel time alone is longer then the cooldown on revive.

in the end, if people wanna play battle pets, let them. its entertainment only, no game breaking problems, no buffing of charaters...so why restrict it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Stable masters are literally everywhere and if you do tamer battles then the bandaids fall out of the sky.

Reviving pets is simple.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
...ok...that has nothing to do with the miss / dodge problem. and you just focused on what i said about the trainers which i used to express how a non changing ability / level / tactic can have drastic changes each time you do it. if i were to use random pet battles over the world then a large amount of variables change (IE. ability power, pet level, pet health, pet speed). so my examples would be meaningless casue things keeps changing.

i used trainers as an example for a reason. everything esle was in general. bandaids may fall out of teh sky for you...but they do not for me....and it still dosent chante why would they even have a revive system? it provides no sevice but to slow down entertainment. like i said, no gear comes from it, no charater buff, no anything, just entertainment. so again...why restict it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I get a minimum of 20 band aids per day just doing the pandaria tamers and the spirit tamers. You specifically mentioned you do the trainers in your post so it made sense that you would also get them.

The miss / dodge thing at times does get a touch annoying but it's not as bad as you or anyone else makes it out to be. I've had bad luck where my team got wiped on an easy tamer but then I just used one of my band aids and did it again.

Very rarely do I miss enough to lose a battle.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
03/02/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Aeronite
i can easly say this has NOTHING to do with skill

Well, that's the problem. You don't have any yet. You haven't learned how to put together a good team, you haven't learned to rotate among multiple teams, you haven't even learned how to repair effectively. You aren't losing fights because of bad luck, you're winning only when you get lucky. When you do develop some skill, you'll find that putting together a team that wins against tamers even if the dice don't roll in your favor is not all that hard. Until then, you might want to think twice before shooting your mouth off with uninformed rants.
Edited by Fink on 3/2/2013 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
LMFAO how is this so hard to understand, THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT. it dosen't matter about this and that, how easy it is, if there no reason for it to even exsist in the first place. Yes it is as bad as i say it is, i don't care if you chose to ignore it or pretend its not as bad as it is.

Fink, your whole post is just one giant ignorant statement, soon as i read "Well, that's the problem. You don't have any yet" i started laughing knowing it was just gonna be a rant of telling me how i do everything wrong WITHOUT knowing - who im battling - how the battle goes - how i play - what pets im using - what skills are active - when i use revive battle pets - blah blah blah lol so take your own advice.

"you might want to think twice before shooting your mouth off with uninformed rants".
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You do know that everyone here can see that you

1) have 3 lvl 25s (two of which are more than a little, meh).
2) beat Nishi for the first time *TODAY*.

You'll add more pets and you'll beat more tamers (it was already a give away that you're new when you rant about not having enough bandages) and maybe your opinion will change. It's amazing how different things seemed after I leveled up pets that actually did well against trainers, ect.

But honestly, if your first inclination is to make grand sweeping statements about the Pet Battle System when you haven't even completed the quest line yet.... Don't expect very many sympathetic responses.
Edited by Roanranger on 3/2/2013 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You have exactly 3 level 25 pets. Of course you are having problems. Once you get more and more level 25s and start to learn how to effectively build teams you will understand that while I agree that Fink could have been a touch more tactful he is in fact correct.

Most tamers have aquatic and beast pets that will tear your team to shreds very very quickly and your third pet is mechanical which any tamer with an elemental will destroy (which is surprisingly a lot of them).

You need to focus more on leveling more pets and learning to build teams than if you are missing / being dodged too much.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
LMFAO again you are assuming you know what battles im having and what pets im using for them. the quest line isn't gonna change RNG or having a cooldown on something that dosen't have a reason to have one.

you guys even know what im asking? ya miss and dodge are a B***h and is annoying !@# hell, but whatever. The thing that makes no damn sence, that makes this mini game a teeth grinding bastard is the damn cooldown on revive battle pets. what is the reason for it? all is does is slow entertainment.

i will keep saying this every reply, THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT. stop side tracking / focusing on other things and try giving me a valid logical reason for the which has been the MAIN COMPLAINT THE INTRE TIME.

AKA ->"I could probubly deal with that bulls*** if it wasn't for the horrid revive battle pets cooldown. that is hands down the worst and most aggravating thing that i can't stand about this mini game thats supposed to be for entertainment"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
When you know what you are doing you don't need the revive button.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Aeronite, Poker has a greater element of chance than does pet battles. Does that mean skill is irrelevant in Poker?

Regarding the CD on healing, there are so many work-arounds, (bandages, stable masters, rotating teams,) most of us don't find it a problem. On the other hand, with so many work-arounds it's a bit pointless having a cooldown. I suspect it was put in to keep people playing the rest of the game, just interspersing pet battles with questing, which I've found a good way to play.

Regarding the dodge/miss rate, I believe it should be lowered, but the fact is a reasonably good player with an appropriate team will very rarely lose to even the toughest trainers, and that's with 2v3ing them in order to use each match as an opportunity for levelling a lowbie. Most of my level 25s have been levelled this way.
http://petsear.ch/Pets/US/Aman'Thul/Kailassa

Regarding your pets and experience, we can all see them. Mountain Skunk, Phoenix Hatchling and Robo-Chick are your only level 25s, which means you are not ready to face the toughest trainers yet. I'd suggest catching yourself a rare bat, preferably a power breed, and using that and your skunk in Valley of the Four Winds to level up more pets and find more rares to capture. High level bats can be caught on Mount Hyjal, often appearing as secondaries.

To sum up, pet battles is like the rest of WoW, success takes time and effort. If you prefer whinging to working then I guess it's not for you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There is a reason, it's a pacing mechanism.
^
THERE! the first logical reason . I don't like that reason, but it makes sence!

Yes you should know what im complaining about casue I have repeated the same thing over and over, im talking about RNG dodge and miss and the cooldown on revive battle pets. THEY are talking about "making better teams / playing better / bandages" in which I HAVE NEVER SAID I HAD A PROBLEM WITH, they did....not me.

my focus is and always has been the dodge miss and the cooldown. Stop talking about other things i never said at all.

and once AGAIN repeating myself,

well after a few days stright -> COLLECTING PETS IN BATTLE <- and -> MIND NUMBINGLY TRYING TO WIN THE PET TRAINERS FIGHTS <- i can easly say this has NOTHING to do with skill. -> the dodge and miss RNG is unbeliveable. <- i can fight a trainer and completely destroy them, then next time (useing same pets and ability / tactic) i get utterly destroyed by only 1 of their pets. trying to win the same battle over and over again dosen't even have a remotely similar battle as the one before, even though its the same pets, same level same tactic.... miss miss miss hit miss dodge hit.

read the WHOLE THING, not just pick out parts and then assume im talking about something else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/02/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Kailassa
Aeronite, Poker has a greater element of chance than does pet battles. Does that mean skill is irrelevant in Poker?

I don't think it's a coincidence that these sorts of threads sound like Phil Hellmuth in a really bad mood.

Of course, Hellmuth actually knows what the heck he's doing, but the point is, sometimes you lose anyway and he is (famously) bad at handling that.

Anyway... what everyone with more experience than the OP is saying. (I think that's everyone on the thread. Including me, and I haven't even finished the main questline yet.)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Yes you should know what im complaining about casue I have repeated the same thing over and over, im talking about RNG dodge and miss and the cooldown on revive battle pets. THEY are talking about "making better teams / playing better / bandages" in which I HAVE NEVER SAID I HAD A PROBLEM WITH, they did....not me.

Yes, you have "repeated the same thing over and over".

You sound like a drowning man, caught in a rip, who's been sent a lifeboat but prefers to rant to his lifesavers about how unfair the ocean is rather than get out of it and into the boat.

"I never said I wanted a boat, I said I wanted the ocean to be easy to swim in!"
Edited by Kailassa on 3/3/2013 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A huuuuuuuge part of Pandaria trainer battles is appropriate use of defensive moves. It's one of the main things that separates the pve playstyle from the pvp playstyle right now, actually. Abilities like Dive, Liftoff, Reflection, Evasion, etc all allow you to dodge the big hits that trainer pets will put out. In trainer battles, enemy pets will usually follow a pretty set rotation, so you can pretty well time these abilities to avoid the big hits. That should remove a huge amount of your problems.

The other big thing, as mentioned by others, is that you need a few more 25s. The few that you have to pick from are.... not particularly good. And you need more type variety to always have type advantage. Some quick, easy additions that you can catch in Pandaria (and will thus will already be close to lvl 25) are the Rapana Whelk, Emperor Crab, and.... the moths in Vale. I forget their names! But they're all solid pets, especially the crab. With Shell Shield and a heal, it's good for nearly every trainer fight.
Edited by Jobius on 3/3/2013 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Never said i wanted things easyer. i said it makes no sence. once again people saying things I havent said.

I missed your first post Kailassa. the first paragraph makes sence, i just belive the whole concept of a CD thats basicly pointless, just to push people into farming crap to make the cooldown pointless just validates why have a CD at all?

the second paragraph, which most people seem to think im saying, i can't win so i'm getting mad, is completly wrong. I don't care that im at a disadvantage with my 3 pets or that it takes me multiple trys to win. i enjoy the mini game regardless, its the damn endless RNG miss dodge and CD that are driving me insane.

any sort of balance the battle would have a similar result each time you do it. the changes would be if you miss...or they crit. that would make things more in thier favor of winning. What im experiencing is all over the place. i can fight a trainer and win the inter thing with one pet. next time i fight them they destroy me with only 1 pet. another time i face them is pretty even right to the end...thats not balance of any kind. thats pure chaos.

I still don't understand why people keep bringing up my pets and levels. once again i have not said, i can't win so the game must not be fair, or anything of the sort. having more pets cap level isn't gonna change the RNG miss dodge chance or the cooldowns....so why bring it up at all? a distraction tactic? side track the arguement? .....or im getting trolled which is most likly......ehhh
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I still don't understand why people keep bringing up my pets and levels. ...

Do you expect to reliably beat raid bosses with inferior armour/equipment?
The top tamers are the raid bosses of pet battling. The lack of predictability of hits serves to keep them very difficult if your "equipment" is not up to scratch. Although misses can still be frustrating, they become less of an issue when your team improves.

You are not being trolled any more than I'm being trolled when a raid leader says I'll do better with a higher ilevel. Players here are just trying to share with you what they've learned for themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Certainly I agree that when I was in the region of first getting pets to level 25 the dodge/miss were particularly irritating (though occasionally allowed me to win fights I really had no place winning), and similarly the res cooldown was a pain (and to some extent still is when I'm trying to use inefficient teams to fight payne or obalis, particularly as the alts I have parked next to these dudes aren't stacked in bandages).

The reason everyone is bringing up pets and levels is that it really does make a huge difference. Dodge, miss and the cooldown are an issue when you are endeavouring to luck your way into attempting a fight you aren't prepared for - but when you are prepared, they're not a big deal. It is *inconcievable* that a solid, well-prepared 3-pet team would lose a trainer battle due to rng. It never happens. At all. Ever. You can basically go through all the panderia trainers without having to heal a single time even with horrible rng. It is not that dodge/miss removes any elements of skill from the process, rather that preparing a team that will win regardless of any dodge/miss *is* the skill inherent in pve. There is balance - the system is balanced around having a variety of pets for a variety of situations.
Edited by Stochastic on 3/3/2013 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Rng is to make the outcome less of a variable, because of the nature of pet-hattles "Rock-paper-scissor" nature, layers of rng have been added to diversify itself from any standard of formula.

Oh but I certainly agree to the point that the whole Miss/dodge thing seems like too much rng for the system. but rng itself in low doses can be fine in the game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]