revive / miss / dodge

90 Tauren Druid
after a few days stright ... i can easly say this has NOTHING to do with skill

Many of the posters here have been doing pet battles for months. A few days isn't going to make you skilled.

A big part of the game is leveling pets, and part of the skill involved is choosing the right ones for the job. A few of the right pets makes a big difference. You can powerlevel pets in Valley of the Four Winds with your phoenix and robo-chick fighting aquatics. They both have peck and a heal, they should last long enough to make going back to the stablemaster unnecessary.

Pick a few pets and get them to 25. I strongly suggest your mirror strider (for Nishi), your tolai hare pup (the level 21 fast one), your zooey snake or jumping spider (critter killer) and a stunner (basilisk or crystal spider).

The stunner will make powerleveling easy. Stun, swap in level 1, swap out.

The rabbit and critter killer will allow you to reliably kill the earth spirit 2v3. Start with a level 1, have it eat the earth spirit's stun. Swap in rabbit (flurry, dodge, burrow) and kill spirit (use burrow/dodge on cooldown). Swap in critter killer and kill ooze. Rabbit can then kill darnak. Darnak does shield/burrow/stonerush/pass/stonerush every time. You want to dodge his burrow and burrow his second stonerush. You will take zero damage.

Next level your anubisath idol and either emerald whelpling or find a stone for your emerald proto. Those pets are VERY useful against tamers. Search this forum for 2v3 strats vs tamers. Every tamer can be killed with a lowbie for exp, many with a level 1.

Once you start killing tamers frequently, you will be swimming in bandages and healing won't be a problem anymore. You'll also be swimming in exp (whether you level against tamers or wild pets) and having the right pet for the job will be a matter of an hour of powerleveling.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Ok, I had enough of trying to keep you guys on track, I have been talking about RNG dodge miss and CDs. you talk about anything else, im ignoring you. not wasting any more time talking about things I never said.

i do agree rng dodge miss should stay in the game, i just think its overbaord on the rate of which it happends. someone mentioned you seem to get a lot more dodge and miss when trying to level to 25. that makes sence but i was talking about equil levels like 25 vs 25, 13 vs 13. especially when im trying to capute a rare, i don't wanna accidently kill the thing so i use = level pets. so if you repeat the same senario over and over you should get a similar result, if you do NOT get a similar results, something is drasticly changing the outcomes. <- that, shouldn't happen.

and again i have to repeat myself, these things I could deal with my main focus and rage is the damn CD which has no point in being there. why in the hell would you put a brake on fun? Yes there is work around like bandages....but if theres work arounds....then why have it at all?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
03/03/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Aeronite
and again i have to repeat myself, these things I could deal with my main focus and rage is the damn CD which has no point in being there.

I will repeat myself

03/02/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Hearus
When you know what you are doing you don't need the revive button.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
03/03/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Hearus
and again i have to repeat myself, these things I could deal with my main focus and rage is the damn CD which has no point in being there.

I will repeat myself

When you know what you are doing you don't need the revive button.

Honestly with his replies and the fact that everyone has tried to give him advice on how to make the cooldown a moot point and miss / dodge not a big deal at all basically at this point he is nothing but a troll who doesn't want to listen to anyone that doesn't agree with him.

But I'll say it again : The cooldown on revive pets doesn't matter at all. The miss / dodge even with a very bad string of luck should never decide the outcome of a fight if you learn to set up your teams right.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
03/03/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Somaliu
But I'll say it again : The cooldown on revive pets doesn't matter at all. The miss / dodge even with a very bad string of luck should never decide the outcome of a fight if you learn to set up your teams right.

Don't say never, or you'll get cursed into miss/dodge 6 attacks in a row like I did the other day lol (there was a block in there too so it wasn't all bad luck I guess).

In any case I guess I wasn't direct enough with the op.

We can see your pets, we can see that you are using the wrong tools for the job, so we all get why you're running into problems with the revive button and keep telling you it's just a phase.

Yes you are supposed to farm a lot of pets. There are 7 master and 4 spirit tamers in Pandaria. How stupid would this system be if the same team could take them all out (why I'm ecstatic FFF and Idol are getting nerfed).

By the same logic how skill-less would the game be if you could just bruteforce past every battle and hit revive without consequence? It forces you to set up your teams properly and think about what you're doing in the fight.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
and yet again, if theres ways around it...why is it there in the first place? keep telling me ways around it ill keep telling you if theres ways around it then the CD is pointless.

"But I'll say it again : The cooldown on revive pets doesn't matter at all. The miss / dodge even with a very bad string of luck should never decide the outcome of a fight if you learn to set up your teams right."

you miss / get dodged 4-8 times in a row, while they hit you every time...you actualy belive thats NOT gonna change outcome the fight? LMFAO...how can i even respond to that, its delusional.

sorry Roanranger, i have to ignore your reply. your talking about things i am not. besides for the first small paragraph which does understand what im talking about. the rest has noting to do with dodge miss and the CD. which is what i been TRYING to debate with people but almost all of them are getting side tracked with things unrelated.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
03/03/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Aeronite
you miss / get dodged 4-8 times in a row, while they hit you every time...you actualy belive thats NOT gonna change outcome the fight? LMFAO...how can i even respond to that, its delusional.

That would be the battle I had with the water spirit tamer this morning. put out Mr. B first cause he started with the bug and never once hit him at all and he killed Mr. B. Put out idol and missed about 50% of my hits and still killed all three with the idol easy (sandstorm even if it doesn't hit which it never seemed to this morning still reduces damage).

Again. Right tools or the job. I can completely lose either one of my 2v3 tamer pets and still win every time. I've had it where one pet has taken out both of my level 25s and then I ended up killing them (was close to dead) with my low level pet.

Yes my idol / Mr. B combo will probably be less effective once 5.2 hits but that's the nice part about having 100+ level 25 pets not just 3.

I can't even remember the last time I had to visit a stable master to revive btw.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/03/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Aeronite
the rest has noting to do with dodge miss and the CD. which is what i been TRYING to debate with people but almost all of them are getting side tracked with things unrelated.

Everything people have said is directly related.

You have the pets to avoid needing to visit a stablemaster if you powerlevel pets in the wild.

You only need frequent healing if you are doing tamers. If you're doing tamers, you need more than your 3 oddly chosen 25s. If you're doing tamers, you will have plenty of bandages.

Healing is not an issue even for you. If it is, you're doing something wrong.

Dodge/miss isn't an issue when you have the right pets for the job. The proof is in the fact that every tamer in the game can be easily defeated 2v3 with a lowbie for exp. Doing tamers 3v3 is a cakewalk with any semblance of forethought put into your team.

If your strategy doesn't hold up against the game, it's not the game's fault, it's your strategy.

03/03/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Somaliu
I can't even remember the last time I had to visit a stable master to revive btw.

Once I was standing 10 feet away from one and decided to bandage rather than turn around.
Edited by Hudax on 3/3/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Just for you OP I posted a video of a quick way to level up some pets where you should not have to revive less than every 8 minutes :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJUqKFme_uU&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I have around 500 bandages sitting in my bank. If they weren't collapsing the stacks in 5.2 i'd probably be vendoring them for space.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
sooo you acknowledge the dodge and miss change is crazy high, FINALY. No, i don't care if you win or lose...thats something im not talking about at all, and never have. i win battles where i missed and got dodged a crap ton and it still pisses me off. the miss and dodge chance is overboard.

Don't care if people talk about things RELATED to battle pets, IM TALKING ABOUT DODGE MISS AND CD'S and only dodge miss and CD's. if you can't stick to the subject, then don't post at all, casue its meaningless.

amount of pets at lvl 25 dosen't effect dodge / miss / CD's
the team makeup VS anything dosen't effect dodge / miss / CD's
finishing the story line dosen't effect dodge / miss / CD's
broken / overpowered pets that are getting nurfed net patch dosen't affect dodge / miss / CD's
almost everything anyone has said in this thread dosen't affect dodge / miss / CD's
don't care about wins or losses

and yet you keep talking about other things like thats what this post is about....which IT IS NOT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
03/04/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Aeronite
sooo you acknowledge the dodge and miss change is crazy high,

I didn't see anyone say that.

03/04/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Aeronite
and yet you keep talking about other things like thats what this post is about....which IT IS NOT

You thinking those things have nothing to do with your ever changing argument is the real issue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't necessarily think the dodge/miss rate is too high, maybe it is or maybe it isnt. I'm still on the fence.

However, with the trainers pets having inflated stats I will say that the consequences of experiencing a miss, dodge or stun is extremely punishing compared to battling pets in the wild.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Mage
Dodge/Miss/the CD are punishingly high while levelling and when you only have a few pets at 25. They are not overly high beyond this point. You cannot talk about their effect without considering the context. I understand your frustration at this point, but understand that we really are listening to your points and providing appropriate answers, noone is going off topic when they emphasize the value of diversity.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Rogue
This is why this game never improves anymore. OP puts up a good post explaining what I think is pretty obvious and he just gets attacked by elitists (Please just shoot me that even pet battles have elitists) or game-boys who think blizzard can do no wrong.

I use the Pandaren Spirit dailies to level my pets. So I'll attack with 2 25's and another lower than 25 so I can level it. Some days one of my pets can take out 2 of them, others that 1 pet can get owned by 1 just completely due to random dodges. I use exactly the same sequence of attacks depending on which pet starts.

I remember games like this back in the old days. You just had to keep doing the battles over and over until the random misses favored you.

If this is meant to simulate a dice game then it is what it is but seems sad to deliver something like this nowadays.

It's really a waste of time to argue anything in these forums sadly... But gl to you OP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
03/04/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Allnepthys
This is why this game never improves anymore.

This game improve constantly. Or at least changes constantly, sometimes you like the change sometimes you don't.

OP puts up a good post explaining what I think is pretty obvious and he just gets attacked by elitists (Please just shoot me that even pet battles have elitists) or game-boys who think blizzard can do no wrong.

Or people who offer up real help and the op puts his fingers in his ears and continues to scream and randomly change his point because he hates the way it works.

I use the Pandaren Spirit dailies to level my pets. So I'll attack with 2 25's and another lower than 25 so I can level it. Some days one of my pets can take out 2 of them, others that 1 pet can get owned by 1 just completely due to random dodges. I use exactly the same sequence of attacks depending on which pet starts.

You know at least 3 of the p spirits can be 1 vs 3ed? If you stack a team correctly, as the op has been told, rng becomes a mostly non factor.

I remember games like this back in the old days. You just had to keep doing the battles over and over until the random misses favored you.

It can be like that your first time through, as your lvl 25 stable grows, in particular for pve, this should be a non issue.

If this is meant to simulate a dice game then it is what it is but seems sad to deliver something like this nowadays.

If you are counting on luck to win you should probbaly thank them for having rng in otherwise you would never win. Again lvl 25s and game knowledge far outstretch anything pve has to offer. And even on a pvp note the meta seems like it always going to be a small handful of haves and a sea of have nots.

It's really a waste of time to argue anything in these forums sadly

Yet here you are....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Having the correct team helps a lot but I also sometimes roll my eyes at the crazy RNG as well. Like the OP stated I have taken the same pets, same skills that easy defeated a team prior, and the next time I'll miss 3x in a row, the enemy pet gets a 1200 crit and puts a stick in the works. I had that fel flame that Antari has absolutely stomp my rare emperor crab the other night when that never before has happened. I guess the RNG is there to make it... interesting?
Reply Quote
25 Tauren Druid
YES, it can be frustrating... but the only miss/dodge that gets me, is when Grizzle dodges a hit when he is hibernating! That is ridiculous, to the extreme! (Major Payne)

But, other than that, they miss, I miss, it happens.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
03/05/2013 08:22 AMPosted by Ocyla
I guess the RNG is there to make it... interesting?

Suppose your best team can beat a tamer 51% of the time. You have a strong incentive to invest time and effort into building a better team, finding a better strategy, etc. Now suppose RNG was removed from pet battles. The same team would win 100% of the time. There's no reward for improving.

Now suppose your best team can beat a tamer 49% of the time. Again, you have a strong incentive to invest time and effort into building a better team, finding a better strategy, etc. Now suppose RNG was removed from pet battles. The same team would lose 100% of the time. You throw up your hands in frustration and quit trying.

I like the RNG, thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]