How to stay alive in arena and pvp

I just want to know, how do you stay alive in pvp, like how do you pull off heals in time without getting cced? how do you become good and not loose every match, because on my pally, i always die in pvp. I always get ina spell lock or never able to pull off heals
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I assume you are using sacred shield and not selfless healer. If you are hard casting in a fight is has to be done when they cant interrupt you or are cc'ed. You could try to juke a kick/pummel but even if you did a blind or fear will still interrupt and even if you did get it off you will only manage a 35k FoL. You can always burn HP for word of glory heals as well. Sometimes the RNG is good to me and ill get several free procs from WoG which is about the only way to get full life.

In the end you will have hell healing back a 190k chaos bolt followed by 80k conflags or shatter combos.
Reply Quote
I assume you are using sacred shield and not selfless healer. If you are hard casting in a fight is has to be done when they cant interrupt you or are cc'ed. You could try to juke a kick/pummel but even if you did a blind or fear will still interrupt and even if you did get it off you will only manage a 35k FoL. You can always burn HP for word of glory heals as well. Sometimes the RNG is good to me and ill get several free procs from WoG which is about the only way to get full life.

In the end you will have hell healing back a 190k chaos bolt followed by 80k conflags or shatter combos.

thank you, but whats the best way to stay out of combat or to get heals off
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
In a random bg you rarely will be out of combat and if you are then you are just defending when no one is around. I wrongly assumed you were Ret in my response as well. Dunno why just had ret on the brain.

Depending on the number of people around it may be hard to not get chain cc or interrupts but repentance and blinding light can go a long way. You can always try to load up your holy power just standing around as well which helps prevent you from having none at the start of a fight.
Reply Quote
what about arena
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i thought it was funny a mage replied (jk im assuming you have a pally) Surviving as a ret currently is a situational matter. 1v1 say in open world might mean simply dying depending on what it is thats attacking you. If you can manage melee range consistantly seal of insight makes a big help. im usually not spec'd specifically into sacred shield because we're meant to be a hybrid class (good random for me is 10mil+ dmg and 3mil+ healing). In arenas it's about what your working with. Luckily next patch rets will be pretty hard to kill and will be able to burst every 2 minutes instead of 3. (also keep in mind that a smart ret has lots of resil. and not as much power.
Reply Quote
Sorry i forgot to say this i feel like an idiot... I ment as Hpally not ret.. sorry=\
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I think he's talking holy...... Holy has some decent instant heals like shock and wog...also procs give faster cast times on hard cast heals, I'm not en expert on holy though..... Theres always devotion and the good old bubble.... Try blinding ppl to get a few heals off? Or freedom and speed of light to run to safety?
Edited by Midknightsun on 3/3/2013 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its all about positioning. Stay behind your mage and call for peels from said mage before the melee gets to you. I save my CCS to save myself or CC their heals....nothing else. Hide behind buildings and pop out to heal, then go back into hiding. Be mindful of your distance from enemy locks and priests...stay the hell away from them.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
If you want to get better as holy i recommend a few small things that really make a difference.

First off you need to zoom out, i dk how youre playing but the farther you zoom the easier it is in arena to judge your positioning and that of your team and opponents. Similarly turn name plates on.

Addons such as gladius, interruptbar, gladiatorLOSA, and platebuffs are EXTREMELY helpfull. They show enemy cast bars, interrupts, cool downs, both visually and with a voice calling them out. This will show you when a player has used counterspell for example or when your opponents pop cooldowns so you know that you'll need to pop some of your own to keep your teammates alive.

JUKE, juking saves lives, its begining a cast and stopping the cast to draw your opponents into using an interrupt preventing you from getting locked out. Once a mage counterspells you you'll be free to cast.

Pillar "humping" is mandatory in the cc heavy enviornment you should never be out in the middle of teh field unless your team is playing offensivly to generate a kill, or youre moving to throw out cc yourself. The addons will help you identify when a polymorph, hex, etc, is being cast so you'll know to line of sight the cast.

Hope any of that helps, healing is stressfull.
Edited by Damienlol on 3/5/2013 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]