Failed to launch a critical file? Mac Help

14 Blood Elf Mage
Reopening and downloading my WoW account I am past %30 and is telling me it's playable. When I click on PLAY I get this "Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactivate your antivirus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again."
I am running on a MacBook Pro 10.7.5 OSX Lion
I have seen this thread many times but only for Window users not mac
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
Reopening and downloading my WoW account I am past %30 and is telling me it's playable. When I click on PLAY I get this "Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactivate your antivirus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again."
I am running on a MacBook Pro 10.7.5 OSX Lion
I have seen this thread many times but only for Window users not mac

I would simply use the repair utility to fix your World of Warcraft installation.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try this article:

Error: BLZAPPAGT02115 - Failed to Launch a Critical File
http://us.battle.net/support/article/6498
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Mage
I can't find the repair tool is there a way i can download it again?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It isn't a separate application, as it is integrated into the launcher now.

The issue for this is that it seems to be missing a World of Warcraft.app file. Did you move any files to the desktop recently?
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Mage
Okay I just searched in Finder and I am missing a lot of files. How can I redownload them? What is being ruined now is Blizzard Launcher and I believe thats not what I want at the moment lol
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you're missing World of Warcraft.app/World of Warcrtaft-64.app, you will need to reinstall the game. All other files can be repairs/redownloaded from the launcher once the launcher detects World of Warcraft.app/World of Warcraft64.app.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Mage
I cannot find World of Warcraft.app/World of Warcrtaft-64.app where do I go to reinstall the game? Sorry for all the stupid questions it's been a while.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]