Monk Healing is bad now?

90 Human Monk
Hello friends i havent played ptr so dnt know how Monk Healing is in 5.2..They r same or Good now..thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm assuming this is troll because of how good I heard they're becoming.
FOTM brah
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
FOTM brah?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm assuming this is troll because of how good I heard they're becoming.
FOTM brah

Even if the numbers go through the roof the style of play many of us opted into is getting 180'd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Flavor of the month, brah

Even if the numbers go through the roof the style of play many of us opted into is getting 180'd.

I see how this could be a bad thing
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Hope they r nice in 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I don't think anyone is really complaining about the design and effectiveness of fistweaving. Everything that has been done to it has been pretty nifty and it appears to be an exciting way to play.

The big issues that people are up in arms about is two-fold. The first problem is this idea of a "support" class where you are no longer a healer as a fistweaver with the expectation of being 50% DPS and 50% Healer. This is a huge change and is honestly something that may cause some huge balance concerns throughout all of the raiding environments.

The second issue is that the remaining toolkit for monks who want to be actual healers seems to have been ignored during this whole process leaving it with a potentially unknown effectiveness but more importantly having a majority of it's toolkit being taken away. It's already looking like a square peg and round hole problem with monks just not having a diverse enough toolkit to be a 100% healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
hmmm so its time to play my resto shaman no monk healing in 5.2 patch..:P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Go with Priest or Pala if u want to be in a top/save position this patch , if you only have an alt shammy then yes i would go with the shammy (aka best CDs in the game outside of 1min CD priests lolshell).

I would stay away from the monk healing (specially if u raid 10 man)for a while till the devs are really sure what they want to do with us ,whatever we can do other healers can do it too or better and with more utility and less or no RNG ...oh and btw if you are a casual player
aiming for normal mods then ignore all this and just play what you like.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The Mistweavers i know from my realm are one of the best and they out heal T2 Pallys , Shamans , Priests etc. THe only Healer that can keep up is a Druid , Monk healers are by far one of the best , Better then pallys , But if you want to sit there and tell ppl to stay away, Dont. For you guys wanting to know , Yes Mistweavers will be the best this patch and will always be great. By far the best healers in game. If your being outhealed by other healing classes besides druid, Your skill at Monk lacks 110%
Reply Quote
The Mistweavers i know from my realm are one of the best and they out heal T2 Pallys , Shamans , Priests etc. THe only Healer that can keep up is a Druid , Monk healers are by far one of the best , Better then pallys , But if you want to sit there and tell ppl to stay away, Dont. For you guys wanting to know , Yes Mistweavers will be the best this patch and will always be great. By far the best healers in game. If your being outhealed by other healing classes besides druid, Your skill at Monk lacks 110%

Can't tell if serious. Monks will have a lower potential in 5.2 than they did in 5.1 while other healers will have a higher potential.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
APM
03/05/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Kilic

If a disc priest was getting out healed prior to 5.2 you should replace them. With the exception of garalon's damage modifier monks were pretty low. Druids are wrose than monks....

I needed a good chuckle thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

What are you smoking? Because I'd like some of that delusional nonsense too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
@Kuwilei

Viability != Fun class to play

MW weren't OP by any stretch of the imagination in 5.1. They got nerfed hard and then got nerf more. The reason for the changes to MW in 5.2 was to get them away from Jab>Jab>Uplift because blizzard deemed it bad design, not for any other reasons.

What's annoying is that they got rid of the Jab>Jab>Uplift "rotation" and instead gave us an even more linear rotation of Jab>TP... Jab>TP... Jab>TP... it's even more bland now.

After blowing through a couple raids yesterday and today, I'm seeing some pretty big issues with the balance of the throughput. Basically, I'm on par with the other healers just I'm doing a little more than a tanks worth of DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
It's lacks focus. It seems you can do one thing ok(heal), or two things half-assed. I would much prefer to heal well. This isn't going to turn out for the best. In what raid do you need an half-assed healer with crap DPS? My brother's Paladin already does 30k HPS and 90k DPS in an Heroic using Battle Healer. The group does not even need a healer, so that means you would be better of with a Ret in a raid running Battle Healer along with another DPS, than to take some unfocused MW Monk trying to heal by doing garbage DPS. Why even bother?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
monk healer cant touch most other healer classes right now. sad but true. fact is when raiding seriously you wouldnt really want to bring a monk right now. its my main and i have to say this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
monk healer cant touch most other healer classes right now. sad but true. fact is when raiding seriously you wouldnt really want to bring a monk right now. its my main and i have to say this.

Think it's you, not your class. Our Monk is ridiculously strong at the moment.

Also, holy mother of god, why would you necro a 20-day-old post?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Yeah, we're completely useless on Horridon.

Oh wait.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]