Wow stuttering after patch 5.2

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same problem here, game is unplayable lol

Heck I can't even quest let alone pvp or raiding.
Edited by Mækîr on 3/24/2013 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'll chime in on this as well. Same as everyone else. 40-50 FPS on the regular then as soon as a Healing Rain graphic is thrown on the ground forget it, 2-10 fps for the duration. Even with all addons off.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
ya ive noticed this as well, for me its bnet that's always being disconnected and im getting kicked randomly. seems looting is lagging to...

a few people in my guild are having this problem as well as a problem with turning quests in. seems it dose not accept the quest or dose not allow the person to turn it in
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Same problem here. Only WoW, can get 150 fps roaming around or well over 35fps during a raid - then it drops down to 3-4fps :(
Also of note, when I looked at MSI Afterburner as this was happening I noticed GPU usage dropped from 99% to around 12%. I don't know if somehow the WoW client is magically requesting the built in video card instead of the GPU...? Perhaps just an interesting correlation. Either way, sucks :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Is Blizzard seriously going to try to ignore this and hope it goes away?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm still having this issue. I'm 100% sure it's WoW related, doesn't happen on anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
HERE IS A TEMP FIX!

Run WoW in full screen and in the 32 bit client and the stuttering will rarely happen, however after about 2 hours of playtime it comes back stronger than ever, this fix may work differently for others, but for no it seems to be the only way I can even play the game :\

This is getting out of hand on my hunter and now it's starting to happen on my paladin, this only seems to happen while fighting more than one mob, my FPS is capped at 60 and when WoW spikes it goes from 1 FPS to 60 for a split second to 1-2 seconds, the odd thing, I've disabled ALL addons yet the problem still only happens with ONLY my hunter and paladin, all unholy hell breaks loose when I use stampede on my hunter, the stuttering goes from bad to worse huge time, I've done all the usual stuff

Updated Drivers

Updated Addons

Cleared WTF and Cache folder

Ran defrags and scans

Even swapped out my Ram and GPU to see if that was the problem

Nothing worked, and it only happens with WoW, so...
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Still having this issue sooooo bump
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Is Blizzard seriously going to try to ignore this and hope it goes away?

This does not involve "I can't log in ...blah blahblah" so, my guess would be, yes. Blizz has had this issue being posted about for 3 weeks now, yet they fully ignore it. There are multiple threads that relate to this one, but they wont reply to any of them, save for the very rare copy / paste "DXDIAG Post please".
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It isn't just meeeee.

Already decided I'm just going to let my account lapse. Bioshock Infinite is coming out and I've yet to finish Skyrim. Not being able to play at all (save for a few remarkably choppy dungeons that I'm surprised we survived) the past few weeks has pretty much turned me off of wow. (Yeah, QQ whine whatever, but the lack of customer service and dropping the ball here is pretty gross.)

AKA This problem still exists Blizz, even though you keep closing my tickets (and everyone else's as well, I suppose!)
Reply Quote
Ah, Tuesday after maintenance. Let's see if this problem still exists or if Blizzard was paying attention despite not responding. Stay tuned for Edit with the answer.

*Edit* Nope, problem is still there.
Edited by Ryukinshin on 3/26/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
So after going through several tickets blizz has told me to remove the cache interface and wtf folders. Apparently they now consider the problem solved.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8481388424?page=1#0
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
my wow also started to stutter but only after coming out of loading screen. it will do it for a brief second then go away until i go threw another loading screen. its weird i dont ever remember it doing that.
Reply Quote
Has anyone tried fully uninstalling and re installing the entire game? It's the only thing I haven't done yet and I don't even want to waste my time with it if it didn't work for someone else.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I have done it but have not tested it yet in raid I will let you know tomorrow if it works.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
So I talked to a GM again today and they said it sounds an awful lot like a ports issue. I go to University so tomorrow I am going to talk to the tech people to see if I can open the Blizzard ports since maybe a few are blocked will update tomorrow but no raiding for me tonight.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Same... always in the same place in fights too. Was doing heroic Tortos last night and froze solid after the first quake every time. Random fps spikes through out the fight tho.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
So I talked to a GM again today and they said it sounds an awful lot like a ports issue. I go to University so tomorrow I am going to talk to the tech people to see if I can open the Blizzard ports since maybe a few are blocked will update tomorrow but no raiding for me tonight

Sadly, if a GM told you its port related, they are just using another cookie cutter response. My ports have been opened since vanilla. Settings unchanged.

This thread isn't internet connection related. This one is just about people's FPS dropping to as low as single digits for either seconds or longer, jumping back to normal and happening all at random times...all with a steady MS throughout. Sorry to sound gruff, but many misconcieve FPS dropping always being related with latency spikes/internet issues.
Sure people that do have latency issues 'seem' to effect ones FPS, but that is only because their internet is buggy, thusly another problem altogether.

I have posted a few lengthy updates and consolidations in this thread. I have also posted awhile back that things have somewhat normalized again, but the stutters still occur mostly in Old Azeroth and Pandaria to a smaller extent.
Even though I was afraid of being frozen on the Isle, I finally broke down and made the trip. Didn't lock-up, but sure enough the stuttering is hella-bad...and its not when the giant T-Rex with cannons ;-) is around.

Though I haven't had it as bad as many others, it is still annoying. This problem that has been reported since at least 3-5-13, has gone on long enough without having any form of offical response. So please, for your customers sakes, drop us a comment as to your knowledge on this. Thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Still having terrible FPS in large raids. No response after posting on multiple threads. Feels great to be ignored for weeks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]