Wow stuttering after patch 5.2

90 Undead Rogue
same problem here, no cache no addons, nothing, but it KEEPS happening
Reply Quote
I'm also having the same problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I seem to recall, quite some time ago, that they used to pipe the graphics through the CPU directly...they had stopped doing that to get better performance.

SWTOR (as a side note)...one if it's biggest detractions had been the horrible graphics issues unless your CPU was top-end.

What I'm seeing since 5.2 dropped (and to an extent, since CRZ went live) is virtually identical to what I used to get in SWTOR (made me quit the game...even free couldn't stand it).

It's the only other angle that hasn't really been discussed...

Try healing Elegon at <5fps...blew 2 raid nights this week trying to tinker our way through that encounter to no avail.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Same here, no problems before the patch. I cap my FPS at 30 because I have an older computer, and randomly it drops to 5 or so for a few seconds. It happens at mundane times, like at the Darnassus bank looking at items and suddenly it drops. Looting is also slower than before, instead of instantaneous looting when fishing, it makes the looting noises slower, and goes into my bags slower.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
could be drivers. my wife's is doing the same. everything fine before patch (geforce 650) 16gb of memory 6 core 3.2 amd phenom II 2 TB HD. now she's getting lag spikes where things will play fine then do a micro freeze then back to normal.. does it on a regular basis.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This really needs to be fixed so I can go back to recording videos. >:(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
been having the same issue, try to just enter combat and wow starts to stutter if not just freeze before booting me.
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Druid
This is absolutely horrendous and as far as I can tell is completely random when it decides to happen. It's the same type of 'chug' I get when crossing into CRZ. It's making me want to quit.

Occasionally it'll hang so hard (framerates less than 10) that it'll just disconnect me.
Edited by Amputechture on 3/10/2013 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Rogue
Sad thing is, its Sunday, so they aren't going to be doing anything today. At the earliest it will be on Tuesday, but who knows, they can go months before fixing a problem.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Priest
Same problems. My PC locked up and I had to restart it when changing zones occasionally. There is no CRZ on my realm. When I restarted there was some data from the patch that required updates and had to load before I could begin play again.

There are times when everyone in vent has the lag at the same time too so perhaps there is different types of causes for the lag. Ran fine before 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I ran Crysis to double check if its my cpu and it is not. Crysis at everything max runs fine. Please Blizzard, look into your programing because its like SWTOR during release when I do a BG.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks like the OP should have titled this "I Cant Play the Game" considering how quickly they (The Blues) respond to those threads. We now have 4 pages of people with this issue, and nothing from Blizz Reps. Yet the other "unplayable" threads have replies in 3 or less posts?

*Sigh. Love the priorities Blizz, love'em.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I added the following line to my Config.wtf SET processAffinityMask "2"
. I might be a bit paranoic about this but never hurt to check. It sets wow to run on only the second core ( http://www.wowpedia.org/CVar_processAffinityMask )

Sadly, stutters *still happens* but they last about 1s and not so frequently. Deleting the above line, and restarting wow, and I get the random stutters lasting as much as 15s. This time I tested the whole morning. But again, *might* as well be just luck.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Same problem. No specific situation or zone (CRZ or not) that it happens in. Had it happen in solo pve, pvp, raids, dungeons, flying, fishing all over. FPS will just tank to low single digits for say 10+ seconds then go back to normal. My best bet would be it's something to do with memory management and loading/purging data. It's like it's just churning away at something.

If it happens while flying, going back over the same area doesn't cause it again, so it's not like the 5.0 FPS problem where you could turn your camera one way to get high FPS and then back to tank it again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am testing AV since its CTA bareboned with no addons. Will give results later
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I too am having this issue, I went a bit extreme and just wiped my entire HD and did a fresh install. I've checked my ram and hd for possible issues, as well as my video card and cpu to see if one of my parts was going bad. I still hang almost randomly, it seems any time a possible phasing happens it'll do it as well. I can't even load two clients at once anymore, the other just closes. No error, no popup, soon as the second seems to intiate a hang like the first it closes. Needless to say it's driving me insane because there's nothing else I can do to fix it.

I'm curious if we all have the same cpu/gpu - I noticed most seem to be using a geforce or amd processor - aside from the fellow with the imac.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
I'm having the same problems. The game stutters and frame rate drops to 5 or something. I cleared out WTF folder, addon folder and cashe and ran with no addons and it was still happening. Drivers are up to date. I flew around and I think it has something to do with the draw rate. Even when I have all effects on low it happens. It is really frustrating to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]