Battle of South Gate Pass Fri-3/15 8pm Server

I was hoping to save this one for when the two guilds in my little project were of level. Looking at things now the Horde Side might take a little longer than I had hoped.

Having started Alliance as a Dwarf I have always loved Dun Morogh. Which is weird because I hate snow irl. As a questing Dwarf the first really awesome place I witnessed was South Gate Pass leading to Loch Modan. I used to bring my Orc there just to hang out and run the tunnels and have always wondered what a battle in the tunnels would have been like.

So here is my thought:

Offense: Horde

Defense: Alliance

The Frostwolf Clan is fed up with Dwarf Interference and have hatched a battle plan to march into Dun Morogh pillaging everything it their way. The Frostwolf have asked Senoj to form a Horde Battallion to March into Dun Morogh and cause issues for the Dwarf Colonies.

The leading force will be too small to even imagine marching on to IronForge (maybe). Wanting to go somewhat unnoticed, the battle plan is to rush the South Gate Pass Tunnels, make it to Dun Morogh, disperse and wreak havoc on the small villages and homesteads through out the zone, regroup and retreat back to Arathi Highlands with a loud message sent to the Dwarves...

Members of SI:7 while on a scouting mission in the Wetlands notices a Horde Force camping down for the night. Curious as to why the Horde have entered the Wetlands looking ready for battle rush back to Ironforge to alert The Council of the approaching trouble.

Unphased by the small group as it poses no "apparent" threat to Ironforge, The Council requests assistance from Alliance Forces to march down South Gate Pass to see if they can dispose of or at least keep an eye on the Horde force.

Scenario Break Down Like This:

The Horde march on to South Gate Pass. The Alliance can meet the Horde force anywhere in the Pass itself. The Horde battle to breach the top Tunnel and spill into Dun Morogh. If the Alliance's goal is to keep the Horde within the Pass or drive them outside of the Pass into Loch Modan.

Only Rule:

*No Flying Mounts, all Movement and Battle must take place on the ground.

This is more of a close combat Battle Royal. Distant Graveyard will pose a challenge, as well as the Alliance having the downhill advantage. The NPC should be of little consequence since their level is so low.

Think we can bring our PVP out of Pandaria for a night?? Can the Alliance keep the Horde from spilling into Dun Morogh or, will the Horde have their way with the Dwarfs?
Edited by Senojauhsoj on 3/11/2013 4:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
i like it also we will do what we can to help
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I really like this one! HSF will be there in some capacity for sure. :)
Reply Quote
Myself and the other gentleman in my guild will be represented.
Edited by Conniving on 3/8/2013 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like only if Sorrow promise to kill winewalker
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh yeah! We'll be there!
Reply Quote
Good Morning Everyone.

The Battle for South Gate Pass is a mere 4 Days away.

The Horde has a long run a head of us from Hammerfall to the Gate. We should organize about 7:30pm server time at Hammerfall, Arathi Highlands to start our adventure.

I will be in a Hotel, interent connection will be as good as it can be. I will be heading to Hammerfall early to set my hearth. Any help with recruiting would be appreciated. As we know from last week the Alliance will have numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
BOM cant wait
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
i would like there to be a time limt on the event say after two hours if horde cant bust through we win or something like that we need to have some goal to work for ourselfs so folks dont get burned out. also for the loseing faction they have to rp walk back to there side in shame
Reply Quote
Time limit is a good idea. I was thinking an hour but two is fine as well.

If the Horde break through I figured we would all scatter and try to pillage Dun Morogh for a bit with Alliance protecting.

Have no fear though I have an Alliance offensive lined up where you guys can pillage a Horde Starting are too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Sounds like a good time
Reply Quote
Just a reminder we are two days away. Horde will rendezvous at Hammer Fall say 7:30pm ??
Reply Quote
I am setting up a trade show today. I have every intention of being online at 8PM for this. However if I am late I will catch up.

See you guys there.

Simple rules. No flying. Get through the Pass. Once through, screw up Dun Morogh.

Alliance knows what to do as well.

If people are running late feel free to fly to the Pass and March in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Just wanted to say that I find that the planning and ideas for these events are awesome. Good work. Please let me know if the schedule of them ever changes due to the fact that I must work during the events.
Reply Quote
Well it ended up being a half hour Slaughter. Horde did not stand a chance. But those of us who were there died proudly.

Thank you to everyone who came out. Alliance for bringing the numbers, and Horde for agreeing to go through with the event even though things were not on our side.

I am going to try other means of getting people to join, and might push off the next event to see how my recruiting goes.

Do not want to waste Horde or Alliance's time.
Reply Quote
93 Human Death Knight
well this turned out to be more than expected
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
It was a sad day for Globbersnot. As I had to face the harsh reality, that what small amount of Alliance left on this server have controlled the day. Fist I walk into a trap, only to be camped by massive amounts of Alliance.( I say trap cause most all of them were unflagged for pvp when we got there...I expacted as much). Then the Alliance storm Orgrimmar in force. They kill the Warchief and slaughter the any horde at will.Then simply walk out the back door. I remember a day on Maelstrom when that never would have happened. I remember a time when I would yell "Orgrimmar is under attack!" And I would get answers like "Invite me!" Now I get answers like "Who cares?" and "Anyone for RBGs?" or "LFM Sha of Anger."

I guess the glory days of Horde are slipping away. Repleced by Horde that would rather wear battle gear than use them...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I have to admit Globber, you're right!

...well... part of it
Edited by Couille on 3/15/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It was a sad day for Globbersnot. As I had to face the harsh reality, that what small amount of Alliance left on this server have controlled the day. Fist I walk into a trap, only to be camped by massive amounts of Alliance.( I say trap cause most all of them were unflagged for pvp when we got there...I expacted as much). Then the Alliance storm Orgrimmar in force. They kill the Warchief and slaughter the any horde at will.Then simply walk out the back door. I remember a day on Maelstrom when that never would have happened. I remember a time when I would yell "Orgrimmar is under attack!" And I would get answers like "Invite me!" Now I get answers like "Who cares?" and "Anyone for RBGs?" or "LFM Sha of Anger."

I guess the glory days of Horde are slipping away. Repleced by Horde that would rather wear battle gear than use them...

You guys still pulled it together and brought the numbers to UC. Slower to react than days past maybe, but there's still plenty of life left in the faction.

Had fun tonight. Good fights everyone.
Edited by Rance on 3/15/2013 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]