Holy Pally 5.2 Super Squishy

90 Gnome Mage
Maybe you should hit level cap before complaining about our class.

Great point! My hpal is only 88 and hasn't started PvP yet. Atleast in PvE I haven't noticed any significant changes in the patch update other than blinding light having a cast time now. It kinda seems like the creator of this post is in the wrong for lack of experience and taking it out on other posters when he realizes it, hah.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
two strong instant heals not enough?

Disc priests have 3 weak "instants": Power Word: dispellable shield, POM, and Penance (one of the best spells to get you a lockout in arena), and all are on a longer cooldown than holy shock.

There is a reason you rarely hear paladins complain about their instant casts.

OP, if you are still reading this thread, go play disc priest and tell me paladins need buffed.

INSTANT AOE CC every 30 sec says Hi
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i thought this was a joke. but it looked like you was kinda serious. sounds like a L2P issue
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
wow...year and a half of absence and nothings has changed...brings a sense of order to things
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not a great Holy Paladin or nothing like that..... Just I dont really see nothing wrong. We are at a solid place right now. Sucks about blinding light but we really are doing pretty solid man. I know Druid heals are way easy but if your an experienced Holy its pretty decent. I still enjoy playing Holy...its Ret that really frustrates me. I havent played ret in 5.2 so I cant really judge it right now
Edited by Spartaprime on 3/13/2013 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I haven't had any issues as of now in BG's and though i haven't done arena yet i was perfectly fine healing RBG's in Dreadful gear. So yea i was getting blown up by the full Malevolent players i still could hold my own and survive.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Holy pallys self heal of eternal Flame have been buffed, easier to stack a personal bubble
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Low level pvp is super important to the Devs. Really.

About as important as balance is. :-P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
OP = moron

Play at 90 with full gear then tell me holy is bad lmao.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/13/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Coalbeard
Low level pvp is super important to the Devs. Really.

About as important as balance is. :-P

Thats so win man lol
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I must admit that I'm a little upset about the blinding light nerf having played arenas yesterday on my holy paladin. It took away some of our independence of not needing our partner to peel for us all the time.

Blizzard nerfed blinding light to stop holy paladins from setting up a chain CC with it - but now that's all we can use it for.

We can't use it for a quick escape if we're being focused by two or more opponents, and we need to be standing still right beside our opponent in order for it to be effective. Given that paladins have only one school of magic, you'd be an idiot to cast this right beside an opponent who isn't already CC'd.

It took away some of our survivability without fixing the original issue. Now we just use Hammer of Justice -> Blinding Light -> Repentance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed a huge difference to survivability . been playing since burning crusade , i will admit i dont do any pve with him just pvp so im not sure about the pve side of it , i would imagine it hasnt changed much , in wrath and cata hpally were OP that's for sure i went from being able to survive multiple players beatin on me to getting completely shut down by one or two players and of course getting what seems like 3 - 4 shotted in full malv, and ya i noticed that difference the day 5.2 came out although i did find good balance in 5.1 , I'm not even going to attempt to justify my reasoning behind this post but thats just the way i see it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I must admit that I'm a little upset about the blinding light nerf having played arenas yesterday on my holy paladin. It took away some of our independence of not needing our partner to peel for us all the time.

Blizzard nerfed blinding light to stop holy paladins from setting up a chain CC with it - but now that's all we can use it for.

We can't use it for a quick escape if we're being focused by two or more opponents, and we need to be standing still right beside our opponent in order for it to be effective. Given that paladins have only one school of magic, you'd be an idiot to cast this right beside an opponent who isn't already CC'd.

It took away some of our survivability without fixing the original issue. Now we just use Hammer of Justice -> Blinding Light -> Repentance.

I agree with what you are saying but you know anytime the paladins are great at something.. A hot fix nerf will be coming...so to me just to lose that was a win for us. Maybe I came off wrong.
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
Well, it is also our team's job to support their healers and assist in peeling away those nasty casters! "Heals for Peels" trade off is a very simple, yet most uncommon concept. My long time WoW friend, Smogglok, has set up many @focus macro's in 2's and 3's matches to keep disorient's, silences and freezes on long range casters while I kite melee and he dps's them down. Here are my suggestions to our forced adaptations:

1. Pillar Hugging! Even in Battlegrounds! Use walls, especially corners, to dip in and out of Line of Sight to a) get the heals off on nearby party members and b) Establish a safeguard that unless the enemy gets into Line of Sight, cannot obliterate you in seconds. Yes, I know everyone knows what pillar hugging is and how to do it, but if you review your battlegrounds, how often do you really do it? Most people get suckered into "Midiot Fighting" out in the wide open areas of the map.

2. Illuminated shields: Before combat, I use holy shock on myself multiple times as I wait for a fight to commence. The mana cost is low, and slowly the shield grows up toward an addition 100,000 absorption at max level, mastery being the factor of how much the shield absorbs.

3. Communication. Is there a hunter or mage in the group? Whisper him, "Can you keep a frost trap on me?" Preventing sneak attacks from stealthies combined with LoS'ing is a sure way to survive longer.

4. Build Macros to free up your action bars to basic actions that are key to survival! View Forums for Paladin Macro's.

5. Have a CC breaking Trinket. This is a must! As a Paladin you have a Bubble and a Trinket option, so that you may break two CC lock downs.

6. Do not trinket snares! We have Hands of Freedom and cleanse to remove magical snares like the mage's Frost Nova. If you trinket snares, you will be locked down for full duration when you need the CC breaker the most; in stuns and fears. Timing the right spells, trinkets and getting out of LoS of incoming damage increase your chances more.

7. Resilience! Build up your resilience and don't rely on it, instead use the resilient build to assist you with your other tactics: Your brain is the tool that will make the bigger difference, not resilience.

8. Have fun, practice, learn and help others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]