How can you be that far off!

After 8 years of balancing classes all 3 mage specs are dead last, how are you that off???

It's mind-boggling, maybe you should reconsider whomever is in charge of balancing classes for PVE?

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/all/14/60/default/
Reply Quote
I would have 100 posts to be honest, considering almost every Mage is going to have a hard time getting a raid spot, since not one single spec it competitive.

Just amazing how Devs can screw up all 3 specs not just 2 like usual.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Blizzard has salted the fields of all 3 specs. They've left no bastion to retreat to. It took them 8 years to do it, but Blizzard has finally developed "The Triforce" nerf. 3 hydrogen bombs that lay waste to a class and all its specs.

We mages all knew Arcane was doomed, most were expecting to go fire. We know Blizz's modus operandi, for whatever dubious, arbitrary reason they do this again and again. Then the Living Bomb nerf...

THIS IS THE 2ND TIME NOW MAGES HAVE SUFFERED THE MOST DEVASTATING NERFS IN HISTORY OF THIS GOD DAMN GAME.

I tired of this talk about utility and outliers. Being at the bottom of the meters for all 3 specs is a outlier! To answer the OP question...THEY CANT DO MATH! They cut damage by 22% on all abilities, yet don't comprehend what it means.

Were already saddled with a marine biologist to negotiate with...hell plead for some damn reasonable sense. Some of these blues aren't fit to design tabards with crustaceans on them. We have a failure to communicate for what has gone on 8 years now. This is systemic problem were dealing with.

None of this even addresses the nature of the mage. How its becoming more and more dull and generic. A spitball class that slings snowball, fireball, arcaneball. When you take away the ability of Living Bomb to be spread you sort of realize that Blizzard has absolutely no idea what is fun and creative about any of the classes. If only we could stay with the expansion creativity. The best stuff comes from expansions. Then between those literal expansions of creatvity, people like Ghostcrawler have a job to do. Destroy it all...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Oh my god, mages don't have a top 3 spec.

/run /scream /flail around

APOCALYPSE!!!!
Edited by Faust on 3/7/2013 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

APOCALYPSE!!!!

I don't think the concern in this thread is that mages don't have a top three spec, I think the concern is that mages have all three of the bottom three specs.

.. It's actually more comical than infuriating if you think about it.
Edited by Mumrit on 3/7/2013 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
03/07/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Spells
After 8 years of balancing classes all 3 mage specs are dead last, how are you that off???

After 8 years?

Did you play last patch at all? Or most of Cataclysm?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't think the concern in this thread is that mages don't have a top three spec, I think the concern is that mages have all three of the bottom three specs.

.. It's actually more comical than infuriating if you think about it.

Why don't you wait till there is more than 2 days of data Sherlock.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

APOCALYPSE!!!!

Dude. All three specs are *literally* the bottom three specs:

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/all/14/60/default/

Now maybe it's fair to say, let's wait a week. But your post is just dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
03/07/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Huxtable
THIS IS THE 2ND TIME NOW MAGES HAVE SUFFERED THE MOST DEVASTATING NERFS IN HISTORY OF THIS GOD DAMN GAME.

Still nothing close to what they did to BM at the beginning of Wrath.

I tired of this talk about utility and outliers. Being at the bottom of the meters for all 3 specs is a outlier! To answer the OP question...THEY CANT DO MATH! They cut damage by 22% on all abilities, yet don't comprehend what it means.

Because overall DPS from 2 days worth of raiding mean a whole lot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What the hell is going to happen 2, 20, 200 days from now where mages climb back up the meters? Are you telling me somewhere in the Throne of Thunder mages are going to find their guts that Blizzard ripped out of them? And once we stuff them guts back into our belly we won't be on the bottom of the meters with all 3 specs?!

MAGES!!!

We have a job to do. Get the loots that will restore our class! Last time I checked mages don't have a exclusive talent that adds 30% more stats to any piece of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What the hell is going to happen 2, 20, 200 days from now where mages climb back up the meters? Are you telling me somewhere in the Throne of Thunder mages are going to find their guts that Blizzard ripped out of them? And once we stuff them guts back into our belly we won't be on the bottom of the meters with all 3 specs?!

MAGES!!!

We have a job to do. Get the loots that will restore our class! Last time I checked mages don't have a exclusive talent that adds 30% more stats to any piece of gear.

You may be new to this whole statistics thing, but estimates generally get more reliable the more samples you have. We will have a more more accurate picture of mage dps a month from now then today. Also given that mages, especially fire, have some of the best scaling in the game, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Blizzard knows what they're doing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Because overall DPS from 2 days worth of raiding mean a whole lot

Each one of those DPS numbers if from a kill. Raidbots does not use failed attempts, only successful kills.

Who do you think is clearing all the normal bosses on the first two days? It sure isn't bottom feeders.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
Hey, at least they can't claim it's sample bias this time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

Why don't you wait till there is more than 2 days of data Sherlock.

Because overall DPS from 2 days worth of raiding mean a whole lot.

Funny, because it only took Blizzard 2 days of data to completely destroy fire after 5.1 came out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The balancing act they've been doing with mages this entire expansion has just been comedy. Seriously, I invite everyone to take a step back and just look at the big picture.

It's absolutely amazing.
Reply Quote
Yeah the rollercoster ride we have been on, from nerfs to gameplay changes has just been amazing.

Pretty soon Hunters will have to attack with daggers instead of ranged weapons! Oh wait, they are to busy screwing over Mages and taking away our identity, why would they stop now!
Edited by Spells on 3/7/2013 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

You may be new to this whole statistics thing, but estimates generally get more reliable the more samples you have. We will have a more more accurate picture of mage dps a month from now then today. Also given that mages, especially fire, have some of the best scaling in the game, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Blizzard knows what they're doing.

Do you wear the same headband as your toon? If so its too tight!

Wait a month you say? Lets see how things trend out? ILL TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS IN A MONTH, MAGES WILL BE LEFT TO BUFFING BUMS FOR BRAWLERS GUILD!!!

This isn't a sample.
This isn't a trend.
THIS IS REALITY.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You are taking data after only 3 days?

Why don't you wait a couple of weeks for more accurate data instead of the data from guilds who raid stack?
Reply Quote
Here is the cycle of WoW...

1) Class gets nerfed into the ground (at start of a patch)
2) Everyone in the forums reassures that nerfed class to just wait a few weeks
3) That class gets sat by Raid leaders for OP classes to move through progression
4) Nerfed class from #1 above doesn't raid and so doesn't get gear and is weeks behind other classes
5) Nerfed class from #1 has to wait until next patch to hope they are one of the OP classes at the start of patch to enjoy that patch
Edited by Spells on 3/7/2013 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]