What's still wrong with Resto Druids in 5.2

100 Night Elf Druid
Mushrooms:
-Still 3 GCDs to place - this isn't good
-Once planted, can't be moved...must waste 3 GCDs again to replace - lose the over healing benefit the aborb
-Radius is far too small
-I still have to bloom - this isn't a major issue, but i'd rather they did some kind of smart healing like a light spring

SoTF & 4 Piece
-I love SoTF, especially as it's been buffed up. However, what makes it so good right now is how with the 4 piece we can line up our Swiftmend and Wild Growth to be on the same timer/ so playing is smooth. Once we lose this - it's going to be a bit clunky, off, and annoying. This could be in place where it'll line up all the time.

Incarnation:
-This talent is now pretty much useless. To spec into a 3 minute CD that isn't powerful enough isn't worth it. Druids need TREE FORM. It should be there just because we're resto, then have incarnation do something more - make it stronger/more powerful then it is right now.
Edited by Xiata on 3/6/2013 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/06/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Xiata
-I still have to bloom - this isn't a major issue, but i'd rather they did some kind of smart healing like a light spring

I disagree with this. Given the predictable spike damage pattern used in many of the fights these days, I would *much* rather have a non-GCD, 1-button option that is fully under my control. My biggest issue with the mushrooms is the absurdly tiny radius of their effect.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid

I disagree with this. Given the predictable spike damage pattern used in many of the fights these days, I would *much* rather have a non-GCD, 1-button option that is fully under my control. My biggest issue with the mushrooms is the absurdly tiny radius of their effect.

I think the real issue with WM is that there are so many things to dislike, whereas we may differ on which particular thing we hate, I think most druids dislike them.

For me that is the key point. Why continue to give us a spell that virtually no druid likes and a large number don't ever use, whatever the reason?
Edited by Swifthoof on 3/7/2013 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Still 3 GCDs to place - this isn't good
-Once planted, can't be moved...must waste 3 GCDs again to replace - lose the over healing benefit the aborb

It's called risk and reward. Sorry that you have to pay attention as a resto druid.

Incarnation:
-This talent is now pretty much useless. To spec into a 3 minute CD that isn't powerful enough isn't worth it. Druids need TREE FORM. It should be there just because we're resto, then have incarnation do something more - make it stronger/more powerful then it is right now.

This I agree with.
Edited by Masseý on 3/7/2013 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
It's difficult to use for sure, but you can plan it out.

Always place 3 (separate spots) before attempt and stack rejuves for one free healing CD IMO. Also a lot of yelling at people to stand on them will be required.

I still think dru are slightly weaker than other classes but not as awful as T13.
Edited by Gamex on 3/7/2013 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The Resto Druids in our raids are consistently 1st or 2nd on every fight. You guys are fine. Very, very strong in 25 mans right now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
what's wrong with resto druid's, is the fact that almost all of our heals are revolved around dumb gimmicks. It's time for a change.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
The Resto Druids in our raids are consistently 1st or 2nd on every fight. You guys are fine. Very, very strong in 25 mans right now.

I don't disagree with this. I just don't like the mushroom spell.

We are still a little bit behind paladins I think, but on progression content when the other classes are not sniping our heals, (and I couldn't care less about farm stuff when they do) we can at least keep up with everyone else, if not come out in front.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

So much so that I wouldn't doubt seeing a nerf. Our throughput seems off the charts right now, and I can't fathom how we'll be with our 4 set.

As far as the new mushrooms go, I found them useful on Megaera. They still have a little ways to go with it but its light years better now than what they were previously.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/07/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Rejuvenate

So much so that I wouldn't doubt seeing a nerf. Our throughput seems off the charts right now, and I can't fathom how we'll be with our 4 set.

As far as the new mushrooms go, I found them useful on Megaera. They still have a little ways to go with it but its light years better now than what they were previously.

I, for one, am not complaining. If they're in a fabulous place, my job will be easier. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yeah, after having a couple of days to play with the changes, I fully expect to see mushrooms nerfed. I had three fully charged shrooms all crit upon detonation once, and they hit for 400k each. Insanity! Between that and the buff to Soul of the Forest, I feel like my healing is strong at the moment, at least in 25s, but that may change once I start losing my set bonuses. I will be trying Throne again tomorrow with our 10 man group, and see how it feels there.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Speaking on purely a PvP level, about the only time I've ever remembered that I have mushrooms is in WSG or TP, etc if I'm with the FC and I have time to set it up

Otherwise, it's the least useful ability out there, and I wouldn't even care if they removed it entirely without even giving anything in return, it's just that useless for PvP
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/07/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Alphadruid
Some people are saying we're still weak, others are saying we've become too strong.

The ones who were strong before 5.2, will be really strong now. These are the ones saying that druids have become too strong, because in their hands, they are.

The ones who were bad before 5.2, are still going to be bad post 5.2 (for the same reasons), and those are the ones saying that druids are still weak, because in their hands, they are. If you start watching who posts what over time, you will start to learn whose viewpoints you can...discount.

Mushrooms are really strong when used well - I had them blooming between 800k and 1.5M on the PTR. I don't think they should be nerfed because of the gamble they present. Leave strong gambles that pay off if used well in the game please.

Pipi - the last time I was on the PTR, the radius appeared to be the same as Healing Rain, to my eyes. Has this changed on Live?

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The biggest issue IMO is you don't have 3 more gcds to waste in the middle of a fight. When you have to do that with LB, you can reduce the # of times you have to do that by becoming a better player. Not the case with the mushrooms. I think they should add a glyph and either have it make the 3 mushrooms permanent when you bloom them and you only have to recast if you want to move them, or make it so that you can have 1 mushroom, so you save 2 gcds but lose the flexibility of having 3 spots.

I also think from a balancing issue it should only fill up if the target with the rejuv is in combat.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Pipi - the last time I was on the PTR, the radius appeared to be the same as Healing Rain, to my eyes. Has this changed on Live?

Riôt

They are 8 yards, same as Efflo. Healing Rain is, I believe, 10 yards. However, unlike Efflo or HR, there is no indication that you are within that radius, so it is easy for players to be thinking they are in range, when they aren't.

Edit: To combat this limitation, I have been experimenting with spreading them out a bit, or doing things such as leaving one under the tank, and the other two in the melee pack. Tonight in the 10 man, I plan on experimenting with shrooms scattered about the raid, to see if that helps bump their effectiveness.
Edited by Pipikaula on 3/8/2013 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Mushrooms:
-Still 3 GCDs to place - this isn't good

The GCDs on mushrooms are .5 sec, making it a less than 2sec cast time.

Radius is far too small

The radius is fine. 8 yards is not bad for this mechanic, very similar to healing rain.

replace - lose the over healing benefit the aborb

Valid complaint.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
We shall be fine in T15. Being able to spam rejuv again makes me :D Feels like it was more than a 9% mana reduction, almost.

Mushrooms are awesome in the right hands. Once your guild gets a solid strat down and can predict raid movements, your HPS will soar.

We are really strong for a couple fights, even ignoring spread healing or shrooms, take a fight like ji-kun, we are as good as it gets for platform healing. Or go-go symbiosis cleanse for Horridon.. etc.. I could go on.
Edited by Fangthorn on 3/8/2013 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
We shall be fine in T15. Being able to spam rejuv again makes me :D Feels like it was more than a 9% mana reduction, almost.

Mushrooms are awesome in the right hands. Once your guild gets a solid strat down and can predict raid movements, your HPS will soar.

We are really strong for a couple fights, even ignoring spread healing or shrooms, take a fight like ji-kun, we are as good as it gets for platform healing. Or go-go symbiosis cleanse for Horridon.. etc.. I could go on.

The amount of room we have for mana with rejuv now makes it so hard to justify losing our 2p t14 prior to heroic gearing. Rejuv blanketing is literally insane right now with the rejuv mana reductions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]