1) What is your current 5.2 specialization?
2) What type of content have you run in 5.2 (5-mans, solo, LFR, 10-normal, 25-normal, etc)?
25-man raid, solo. Will break into 10-mans this weekend probably
3) Link(s) to 5.2 raid logs on your mage (even LFR logs are useful):
Don't see the point as the devs themselves have said that the logs don't matter, but http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xc2ssccf69wve4ig/sum/damageDone/
4) Did you change specializations for 5.2? If you changed specs for 5.2, what spec were you before?
Yes, was arcane. Also was fire before they nerfed it in 5.1. Prefer to be fire
5) Is your ilevel generally around the same range as your other raid members from the logs you posted?
Yup, the entirety of the guild is pretty well the same ilevel.
6) What is your average ilevel?
7) What quality of life problems are you seeing with your current specialization?
For fire specifically, AOE damage is atrocious. The spreading nerf really hurt the part where fire was supposed to outshine the other specs.
8) If you changed specializations, why did you change?
I prefer the fire playstyle, always have. Only changed out of it because of the crippling it took during the last patch.
9) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec's movement damage?
Absolutely fine with this
10) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec's stand-still damage?
Not so great. That Pyroblast nerf really hurt. So much of fire's damage is all interconnected so a nerf of just one component ends up being a chain reaction nerf across the board. A nerf to your top damage spell ends up nerfing both your 2nd and 3rd damage abilities (Ignite and Combustion).
11) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec's utility in raids?
What utility? The only thing that can be construed as utility is Time Warp which is provided by two other classes. This is the main problem with the class, the absolute only thing we bring to the table is the ability to do damage. Anytime we excel at our only function, we are nerfed to compensate for PvP. We no longer have a unique identity.
12) If you could change one thing to improve your current spec, what would it be?
Revert the pyro and spread nerfs. However, since those nerfs (like all of them) were done to appease PvP sensibilities, I don't see that as feasibly happening.