Kanrethad - My guide on how to kill him

90 Orc Warlock
03/06/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Kissen
Anyone know what causes that annoying !@# imp stun stuff? That thing will mess you up badly if it keeps goin off. Some fights I never have it, others I seem to be plauged by it.

Its a magic debuff he puts on you that has the same icon as the one that explodes and puts down a funnel(so it's easy to miss). Fail to dispel it in time and you get the undispellable annoying imp debuff for 30 seconds.

Yeah I found Unbound will to be good for the stuns if you miss the dispel. The stuns are annoying though especially on felhound phase

I didnt use the macros...I actually (dare I say) clicked the pit lord abilities. I was way too lazy :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Silly question but..

I thought Glyph of Felguard only allowed swords, axes and polearms. Did that get changed?

I did too, thats why I was surprised when I logged in and my felguard was wielding a legendary :)

I'm assuming it's a bug due to the change in transmogs, but I'm hoping Blizzard sees this as too stupid to bother fixing. Or else they added 2 handed maces and didn't update the glyph?

I tried staves though and staves do not work. I had dreams of him carrying around my farmer's broom :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

1 /use [@Kissen] Fel Flame Breath (self dispel and dmgs imps)
2 /use demonic siphon (the heal)
3 /use Charge (to stop cataclysm)

Awesome, I've been looking for macros for those. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Just killed him on the second fire imp phase, Destro. I think the thing that helped me the most was utilizing the absurd amount of embers u get from the imps. I wouldnt kill them right away id spam Chaos bolt till he started casting his while maintaining rain of fire for the embers. when i got to Imp phase 2 obviously spammed Shadowburn till he was dead. yay!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Got it last night after about 40 attempts, very challenging, but very rewarding encounter. I had never played the new Destro Spec before so it was quite a steep learning curve for me. Here are my tips:

- Learn Destro

- Make macro's for enslaving the Pit Lord, banishing the Doom Lord and for all of the Pit Lords abilities. I found a /petmoveto macro useful for sending my Pit Lord away as well.

- Pop Dark Soul off the bat, save the second for Felhunter phase (unless you have your 4 piece)

- Abuse the !@#$ out of your Pit Lords abilities. This is the main mechanic of the fight and the only way to constantly keep yourself dispelled and healed.

- Use Soulshatter, Twilight Ward, and Singe (Imp Sac ability) on CD

- Use Sac Pact for Chaos Bolts if close to full health, otherwise take your Gateway to LoS (SacPact was up for every single Chaos Bolt as I recall, however the Gateway is a very good "oh %^-*" ability)

- Expend all Embers preceding the Imp phase and make sure you are on top of their spawn location; when they spawn use the Pit Lords Charge on them, Breath yourself, throw down a few RoF's, FnB Immolate, FnB Conflagrate and they should go down fairly fast.

- Send your Pit Lord out to the edge of the room after the Cataclysm that precedes the Felhunter phase (there are alternatives to this, however this is the safest and most reliable strategy IMO)

- Save all Embers for the Felhunter phase (this is the hardest phase to learn IMO) Immolate -> Chaos Bolt the first Felhunter, Havoc the second, Chaos Bolt -> Immolate the third and then nuke them down before the Pit Lord reaches you. If the Pit Lord does come into range of you and the Felhunters are still alive you can spam your Enslave Pit Lord macro while spamming the Pit Lords heal ability so you get a heal right away before a Felhunter removes your Enslave, giving you some breathing room to nuke down the remaining Felhunter(s).

- I saved my Doomguard for 20% because I was getting the boss down to <10% on the second Doom Lord phase (I just ignored the second Doom Lord and nuked the boss at this point, however if your DPS is not as high you may have to take care of him)

- Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Sac Pact, Unbound Will (useful for dispelling when Breath is on CD or when you send your Pit Lord away), GrimSac (sac Imp for the dispell), KJC

- Glyphs: Enslave Demon, Siphon Life and Healthstone were the ones that seemed the most helpful

Special Thanks to the OP who's tips helped me get the kill! Good luck all!
Edited by Noxidus on 3/8/2013 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/06/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Blinks
The felhound stage is by far the hardest. When he would start heading over to summon them, I would send my pit lord away to the other side of the room and go towards my demonic gateway. When the first felhound spawned I would immediately immolate and conflag him. Then havoc the next felhound and double Chaos bolt them. This would kill the first one immediately before he even reaches you and the second would be around 20% health. Then immediately shadowfury the remaining 2 and fear the pit lord as he's coming back to kill you. After that finish of the 20% felhound with conflag and burn the last one.

im doing all this-ithink- but by the end I keep having one about 1/2 hp,which i can deal with but by that time he is already casting cataclysm,so i dont have enough time to kill the fels,any advise?
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Paladin
Oh how wonderful, geared towards higher gear levels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
so ive died alot on last boss... if i leave the scenrio to repair...do i start over to get back to the boss ?if it does how do i repair.. (dont have jeeves or repair mount).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Silly question but..

I thought Glyph of Felguard only allowed swords, axes and polearms. Did that get changed?

I did too, thats why I was surprised when I logged in and my felguard was wielding a legendary :)

I'm assuming it's a bug due to the change in transmogs, but I'm hoping Blizzard sees this as too stupid to bother fixing. Or else they added 2 handed maces and didn't update the glyph?

I tried staves though and staves do not work. I had dreams of him carrying around my farmer's broom :(

Silly question but..

so ive died alot on last boss... if i leave the scenrio to repair...do i start over to get back to the boss ?if it does how do i repair.. (dont have jeeves or repair mount).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

You're fine. Just leave the scenario like you would a dungeon, and it ports you right outside.

Be wary, though; if you log-out while zoned-in, it boots you back to your hearthstone-location. You never lose progress, but makes it a hassle to return.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
After a good 30-40 wipes i finally got it! Best boss fight ever. Tough as nails, and felt so good to beat. I wish you all luck!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You'd think with all blizz has created in this game, they'd at least be able to scale it to gear level.

Utterly impossible for undergeared warlocks to do, specifically the felhunter waves.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
UGH......this guy is doing down within the next hour! Just died at 17% due to me moving to the right and getting hit by a chaos bolt. 4min left on doom. (purification was used). so sad cause I died due to my own stupidity. = /
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I keep getting Choas Bolted through the wall. :(
With my full s12 Malevolent, i havn't managed to even pass the first felhunter stage. My choas bolts arn't even doing half their health.
Woo 62%. Died at the second imp phase.

Interestingly, If you Charge the first Impending Doom, he will occasionally use it twice on you, making it a 14m duration. Like he expects you to survive the first tick. :|

Also, it IS possible to survive a Catacylsm, with all defensives(Twlightward,SacPac,HardenSkin,SoulLeech and Full Health)

If you dismiss the PitLord and immeditly Fear him as the fel hunters come out, you don't have to worry about when THEY will dispell him. Allows you to CC him on your own time.
For those who don't have top tier pve gear, Potion of the Jade Serpent can be very helpful.
Edited by Shìnìng on 3/25/2013 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I did this with only 487 ilvl. Befor i tryed with 479 ilvl but i had no chans. Then 485 and i was dieing at 1% >.<. 487 was my lucky #. ill post a vid of how i did it. FYI its crappy quality. when i convert the vid to wmv from avi the quality just drops alot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yS2w4ISzM&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Sonlock on 3/25/2013 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The main issue I've been having is initially getting aggro on the felhunters with RoF/immol/conflag. I've gotten to the doomlord once, but i got hit with a chaosbolt when my portal disappeared for some reason. (I was trying the right side instead of the left one). Where exactly do you put the pitlord prior to the felhunter phase? Do you put him behind a pillar, because even if I did get him really far away or LOS'd, the felhunters would immediately cast devour magic on me and remove my enslave on the pitlord. Is there no way to avoid that? I'd imagine there would be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
As soon as you interrupt Kanrethad's cataclysm after Imp phase, move your pit lord behind pillar. Make sure you dont waste chaos bolts on Kanrethad, because you really really want full embers for incoming felhunters. Go jump through your gateway, and teleport to whatever spot you picked to take down felhunters. As soon as Kanrethad starts channeling, hit soulshatter. Drop rain of fire on portal entrance. Use whatever combo you want to kill felhunters. Havoc, conflags, chaos bolts. Hopefully you have 4 embers built up so you can drop them fast. Order your pit lord to come back to Kanrethad, jump through gateway, and you should be ready for his cataclysm.

Go watch the video strat at icyveins.com too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
why am I getting stunned so much? even when I'm out of green fire.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
BAD ADVICE!

You need to do the felhunter phase differently. This advice won't work most of the time unless you have 500+ ilvl. You won't burn down the felhunters fast enough, and you'll end up needing to dodge Kan's Chaos Bolt which he casts about 12 seconds after the Felhunters spawn.

Pit Lord...

You need to park the pit lord directly behind the gate, to the left (or right depending on what side of the gate you position your portal) behind the adjacent pillar.

Felhunter phase...

You need NF for this fight, not KJC. RoF inside the gate, the area will be large enough to agro the felhunters as long as you keep RoF up. Havoc the first felhunter that spawns, you'll also have time to curse. Chaos Bolt the second, and halfway through the CB cast, Charge with the pit lord. The 3rd felhunter will have spawned, and the AOE charge will stun all three. Breathe with the pit lord. The Breath along with the double Chaos Bolt will kill the first two felhunters. Remmeber that the charge affect means double damage from the Chaos Bolt and the Breath. The 3rd felhunter will still be under the charge effect for 2-4 seconds. Double Conflag and Shadowburn the 3rd. You'll literally kill all 3 felhunters in a few GCDs. Remember if you keep RoF on the portal the felhunters will NOT agro the pit lord. I've even had the second felhunter turn toward the pit lord a few times before I beat Kan, but Enslave was never dispelled. Usually RoF will agro and they'll completely ignore the pit lord.

If you're doing this any other way, you're sabotaging yourself. Can it be done by LoSing the pit lord and burning down the felhunters? Yes. Is it the optimal method? No.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]