Consolidated Stealth Issues Thread.

100 Human Rogue
If you are having issues with stealth, please post here and do not create a separate thread. We don't need a dozen separate stealth threads.

If you have experienced a problem, please be as specific as you can about where you were and what you were doing, and whether or not you are using the subterfuge talent. And if you have recuperate going and if you noticed any procs/buffs on your character when it happened.
Edited by Aeriwen on 3/6/2013 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Warlock was casting a Chaos Bolt on me. I Vanished - I was trying to run away anyways - didn't even bat an eye, have to recast, nothing.

SADNESS!
Reply Quote
I restealthed in a bg 3 times in a row with noone around and it broke 3 times in a row.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Just the same thing most all Rogues are complaining about...Occasionally in BG's and Arena's I'll get pulled out of stealth for no apparent reason.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Like many of you my rogue was randonly dropping out of stealth all day yesterday.

I am not going to try to remember the details of it all. i farmed like 3500 honor yesterday so I was in BGs for hours.

I am not specced in to subterfuge but I am specced into Shuriken toss.

My suspicion given the totality of the situation is that it is either something to do with Shuriken toss or something to do with monks.

Not helpful I know. I will add more after I have time to PVP on my rogue again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Not only is stealth randomly breaking, but my vanish isn't even stealthing me half the time =/
I'm having to sometimes manually hit it after I vanish
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
stealth was dropping alot yesterday doing dailies, every time i phased
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Have not been able to find any information on this anywhere else, but since patch 5.2 while in bgs my stealth button will sometimes grey out. As in it is completely unusable the rest of the bg. A reload of ui does nothing, nor does dying and respawning. I notice that this seems to happen right after a battle where i am hammering keys very quickly.

I took several screen shots of the bug in action if needed. As of right now this makes my rogue completely unplayable, having the ability to stealth taken from you early to mid game (or worse at the very end while the win is on the line) leaves you completely useless.

The biggest shame in all of this is all i play is my rogue. Which leaves me SOL until this is fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Is any other rogue having problems of randomly not being able to stealth, although being out of combat for a long time?

Ever since the patch I have had this problem. The solution I found is to re-log, but it is still frustrating and would be game-killing in arena.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Is any other rogue having problems of randomly not being able to stealth, although being out of combat for a long time?

Ever since the patch I have had this problem. The solution I found is to re-log, but it is still frustrating and would be game-killing in arena.

Have you tried to type /reload instead of logging out. If it works, its probably an addon issue of some sort.
Reply Quote
94 Troll Warrior
I haven't had any problems really, but I do hate that summoning a pet breaks stealth. Anytime I dismount via stealth, I immediately break stealth to resummon whatever pet I had following me at the time. I don't use vanity pets with my rogue, as a result.

Also, you have to stand still when pick pocketing. You use to be able to do it while moving, and it's still not clear to me if this is a bug or an intended nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I've been having issues in BG's of not being able to stealth after rez in the graveyard. It seems to be hit and miss with some, Silvershard Mines being the worst. I 'll have to wait for Vanish to come off CD, then it seems to work until I die again.
Reply Quote
Like moslin said, vanish is not giving the "improved stealth" it once provided. Not in the sense that you'll be taken out of stealth immediately, but that you'll be visible. I've been charged, HoJ'd, deep froze, etc and I have even taking advantage of this vs other rogues. (All this happens 1-3 seconds after the vanish, not timed exactly CC'd).

I never thought that i would STILL be complaining about !@#$ty vanish after all these years.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I've had a multitude of issues with both stealth and vanish. Earlier today in a bg I was getting owned by a hunter, I go to Vanish but he had these hawks or birds and they just kept following me even after I blew my prep and second vanish to no avail.

The other times I would just be stealthed stalking around in a bg and bam stealth breaks with nobody around me *shrugs* This has happened to me while doing dailies as well where stealth just drops.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Stealth had broken a couple times for me after shadow walk ended =/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yeah, stealth randomly breaks for me sometimes as well in both BGs and world (haven't done arenas on this toon yet) and I don't think I had Recup or any buffs on me other than group buffs and poisons. Also, it seems that everyone has a way higher stealth detection than me. People easily see me when I'm 10-15 yards away from them.

Also, I've vanished half-way through a Chaos Bolt cast and he still cast it. And I've also been charged by a warrior 1-2 seconds after I've vanished.

By the way, I use Subterfuge, not Shuriken Toss.
Edited by Kethillian on 3/10/2013 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Stealth just randomly broke for me in a temple game i was just in, nothing special just walking around and BAM out of stealth. Ive heard ST might be a cause but I didnt have anyone targeted nor did I have the new ST auto attack buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]