Consolidated Stealth Issues Thread.

90 Dwarf Priest
There are two daily quests that stealth is useless with. I am not sure if it by design or if it is a bug.

One is in the Golden Pagoda "Free Spirits" quest.
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30320
When trying to release pandaren spirits while avoiding the banshee ghost women. The banshees see through stealth.

The other is in "Encroaching Storm" in Mistfall Village.
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30194
The pack of Timbermaw see right through vanishing/stealth.
Edited by Thornscar on 3/10/2013 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I have actively taken to using Shadow Walk because my stealth just doesn't work anymore.

I mean, if I don't click it when a group is going by, they see me from 20-40 yards away. It randomly cuts out and even vanish doesn't work. I remember when we had to be right up on someone to be seen, so this is disturbing for me--greatly so.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yes I've been running BGs on my rogue and its happened a couple times where i'll be out of combat and it won't let me stealth...says "ability not ready yet." Died and rezzed and still couldn't stealth, died 2 more times and still couldn't stealth. Kinda sucks to be a rogue in a bg who can't stealth....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
When my Synapse Springs buff ends, it breaks my stealth. I can use them and remain in stealth, but as soon as the buff ends, I un stealth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I just started having this problem...never seen it before despite having played and leveled rogues over the years.

Here are some of the major differences i can think of:
-UD rogue on Tichondrius server level 77 just hit 78
-Engineering w/ nitro boosts, flexweave underlay & hand-mounted pyro rocket
-heirloom weapons x2, shoulders, chest, pants and helm
-started when i was doing Icecrown quests in the Argent Vanguard base, in the Scourgeholme area
-rogue has been using Subterfuge talent since @ level 64 but with no problems

It has happened with my walking around the Scourgeholme area, just standing still with no hands on the keyboard. There was no aoe, no debuffs on me (none that left an icon anyways), no stealth seeing mobs nearby. Only thing worth mentioning is that someone nearby was killing the named elites for the quest "The Air Stands Still" link provided below.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13125
Edited by Rashoujin on 3/18/2013 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I've done some testing and comparison between my rogues and here is what i've been able to get.

Rogue #1, level 90 Draenor server

Rogue #2, level 77-78 Tichondrius server

Rogue #3, level 87 Arygos server (east coast datacenter IIRC)

I tested in several spots: right outside the Argent Vanguard, inside Scourgeholme, in Crystalsong Forest, and once on the border of Storm Peaks and Scourgeholme (on SP side). The main thing that seems to be causing the unstealth is phased areas and subterfuge. Now it may now even be specifically or only phased areas or subterfuge. Maybe the phased area and the spell have an attribute that causes them to conflict. And maybe other areas such as BGs or other spells (related to stealth, like vanish) have these same attributes. Maybe something like an internal timer? every couple of seconds maybe in a phased area or BG an internal timer is checked for certain conditions within that zone. Maybe that timer is causing subterfuge (and other similar spells/effects) to trigger or something i dont know.

I knew that Scourgeholme and the Argent Vanguard fort were phased. I took a guess and figured Crystalsong Forest, at least not the area i went to which was away from the big tree and the structures.

But here is a quick breakdown of what i saw. I took screen shots of all this stuff too, i just dont have anywhere to host it.

Crystalsong Forest & Storm Peaks (right on the border of Scourgeholme)
-subterfuge, shadow focus, nightstalker did not effect stealth (at least 2 minutes)
-remained in stealth no breaks

Argent Vanguard fort, right outside by the cemetary and Scourgeholme
-shadow focus and nightstalker stayed in stealth, no breaks (at least for 2 minutes)
-subterfuge breaks stealth every minute (exactly one minute)
-subterfuge occasionally will break stealth at random intervals, but this was rare, mostly it would stick to one minute unstealth
--random intervals usually happened once i got to the new test area. Very rarely would it go from normal unstealth interval of one minute to 20seconds, 30 seconds, then back to 1 minute intervals of unstealths

I have probably 30 minutes to an hour worth of time stamps. I got time stamps for when i arrived at a new area, when subterfuge proc'd telling me that i unstealthed, and 3 seconds later i would be visible. I even got time stamps of the stuff that didnt happen in Crystalsong Forest.
Edited by Rashoujin on 3/19/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
When shadow walk buff ends with subterfuge talent I get pulled out a decent amount of the time in random BGs. Sitting somewhere waiting and getting pulled out randomly with shadow focus, seems to be in phrasing areas.

Those small bugs and such I have no problem with to often.
But I really, REALLY, want a blue about being charged, hit, and beat down by melee and hunters
after vanishing. Sitting in "improved stealth" and still being seen is very annoying. I want to know if this is intended now or a bug is all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Always have my stealth break on isle of thunder doing pvp dailys not even near the mobs or the detection poles also breaks a lot if i enter the water and go around the island.

Also have issues with pets/minions i mean seriosuyl you cloak vanish and a !@#$%^- hunter or lock pet still chases you this simply needs to be fixed or why bother having stealth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bump for blue!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah when I hit Vanish and a solid 3 seconds pass by I am still charged, death griped, etc that is annoying.

Hunters MoC pretty much is bugged and randomaly will pull you out of stealth way after using vanish and you are not taking damage (Dot) in the combat log to cause the unstealth but the animation continues for a solid minute lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I just tried leveling my rogue through Vashjr and it was terrible. Unstealthing every 15-20 seconds, and that is no exaggeration. It's not into the minutes, its a couple of time a minutes...i was in Vashjr for about an hour or so and i must have unstealthed between 20-30 times...again not an exaggeration. I'm not the kind of person to have something happen to them once or twice and say "omg this thing happened like a hundred times!".

I got so fed up i didnt bother trying to switch from Subterfuge to Shadow Focus or Nightstalker. I didnt even make it past Adarrah/Samirs cave, which is the first cave! I leveled a rogue about a month or so ago through Vashjr only she had Shadow Focus and i had zero problems with unstealthing. So either it was something they did recently or it has something to do with subterfuge and phased areas.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I've noticed if I'm in a BG with another rogue and they use Shroud of Concealment while I'm already stealthed, my stealth breaks when the effect ends but I stay stuck in the "stealth" animation. I have to then manually cancel stealth and wait the full 6 seconds in order to enter stealth again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I have also had trouble stealthing when out of combat. I don't have Subterfuge spec'd, but i do have Shuriken Toss. Once i had Slice and Dice up and it wouldnt let me stealth till I took it off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]