Champion a Faction by clicking the star?..

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed that since the 5.2 patch there is a star by certain factions and it says "Champion a faction by clicking the star button. You will earn bonus reputation with the selected faction for various activities."

What does this means exactly? What are these 'various activities'? Will I be able to work on faction rep by doing dungeons and raids from LFG/LFR?
Reply Quote
You can now earn bonus reputation for your first dungeon and scenario of the day. You can select which reputation you choose to champion by selecting it from the reputation panel on the character screen. When you queue for a dungeon or scenario, the UI will remind you which reputation you are championing and allow you to change the reputation from there. (You cannot change that reputation once you are in the dungeon or scenario.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/#raids_dungeons

Looks like it only works at level 90. Makes it so you can get rep without getting a tabard etc.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
It is only for MoP reps, none of the earlier.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
You can get bonus rep in the first level 90 heroic and scenario you queue up for in a day. It only works on MoP factions and LFR is not included.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
03/06/2013 02:19 AMPosted by Sinslady
Excluding Black Prince
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Excluding Black Prince

There's a few that aren't included. I'm 99% certain can't champion the Shado-Pan Assault. The 'person' reputations -like Nat Pagle and the individual Tillers aren't included You can get rep for the Anglers and Tillers as a faction, just not the rep with the specific people. And the Horde/Alliance pandaren factions aren't included, but you can use a tabard to get rep for them.
Edited by Amandalynn on 3/7/2013 7:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
And here I was wondering why when I clicked a reputation before my dungeon and scenario this morning why I didn't get any rep gain.

APPARENTLY THERE IS A *********STAR**********NEXT TO THE REP THAT IS INVISIBLE EVEN WITH GAMMA CRANKED UP THAT MUST BE CLICKED TO "CHAMPION THE REP".
NO REP 4 U.

omg stars are supposed to be..............PINK
Edited by Prickly on 3/6/2013 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Alyaa if you have feedback about the game, you should post in the general discussion forum. The new player forum doesn't have anyone that can take your feedback.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
03/05/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Bavra
You can now earn bonus reputation for your first dungeon and scenario of the day. You can select which reputation you choose to champion by selecting it from the reputation panel on the character screen. When you queue for a dungeon or scenario, the UI will remind you which reputation you are championing and allow you to change the reputation from there. (You cannot change that reputation once you are in the dungeon or scenario.)

Looks like it only works at level 90. Makes it so you can get rep without getting a tabard etc.

Well, I am failing to understand this. The tooltip says "various activities". The link only shows one activity: Daily Dungeon.

Are there more activities to be spoken of?

Looks like it only works at level 90. Makes it so you can get rep without getting a tabard etc. [/quote]
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, I am failing to understand this. The tooltip says "various activities". The link only shows one activity: Daily Dungeon.

Are there more activities to be spoken of?

This is what the patch notes say:
You can now earn bonus reputation for your first dungeon and scenario of the day.

I have no idea where you're reading that it only says one activity.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

I haven't explored all of what 5.2 has to offer. But you can now also do a farming daily for another rep also.
Edited by Sodclucht on 3/7/2013 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Paladin
How do you unselect a star? I want none selected and I haven't figured it out.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
How do you unselect a star? I want none selected and I haven't figured it out.

Thanks.

Seems like an odd choice. So much so that it might not even be possible. Maybe if you choose "At War" with the faction you're currently starred? (Can you even still declare war on factions?)

Alternatively ... choose a faction you're already exalted with.
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not quite exalted with any yet. I am hesitant to put any at war. I'd like to put the choices back to the way they were before I touched them.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm not quite exalted with any yet. I am hesitant to put any at war. I'd like to put the choices back to the way they were before I touched them.

It doesn't do anything except grant you extra reputation whenever you go into a dungeon or scenario. If you're not already exalted with any of them, why would you not want the rep boost? Just pick the one that you have the least amount of reputation with.

As for the "choices" part, if you ever decide to champion a different faction just select the star next to that one and your championing will switch. You're not locked into that one faction choice and unable to choose another at any time (other than in the middle of a dungeon/scenario).

Also, the "at war" is just a check box that you can check/uncheck. It doesn't automatically erase your reputation progress, all it does is make the NPC's of that faction attackable to you. If you're not near them and you select "at war" to potentially erase the star, then immediately un-check "at war" you'll be right where you were before you checked the "at war" box.
Edited by Avanna on 3/25/2013 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok... I gotta good one for ya!!!!... I noticed the Star the other day on my lvl 79 ... Cool... so now I've got 708 Golden Lotus rep on my lvl 79 Toon... and my Lvl 88 toon where I WANT THE REP... I'm at 0/3000 ... Today, I find Cool... I can select the star on That Toon!!! Woot...

So did I get it on my 79 and on my 88, but my 80 don't got it!!!!!

(Confused... but searching for answers!)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
which faction should I champion?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
The one you want rep with quickly. Won't matter until 90, and some will go faster than others without needing any extra boosts (Tillers and Klaxxi can go pretty quick, Anglers and Celestials might drag on and on), but it also depends on your goals and method of leveling. Pretty sure I read that Shado-Pan and August Celestials are no longer locked behind Golden Lotus revered status as of 5.3, which makes those somewhat easier.

Shado-Pan, August Celestials, Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, and Dominance/Shieldwall have gear and profession recipes.

Tillers and Anglers just have novelty stuff.

A lot of rep can be gained for Shado-Pan and Klaxxi from questing.

Gear can be obtained via the usual 5-man/heroic/LFR route, and the neck from Shado-Pan Assault (different from regular Shado-Pan) can be purchased at neutral, so grinding rep with the factions isn't mandatory, just an extra way to obtain both gear and Valor.
Edited by Drewb on 5/22/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
just did 3 heroics with star on anglers, got a total of " 0 " extra rep with the star...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]