Crafted Dreadful Gear?

90 Human Warrior
How do I get the mats? Or could I just ask a blacksmith in trade?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Im expecting the Dreadful gear to have the same mats as the Contenders gear, so that would be around 10 Ghost Iron Bars per piece, but he F***ed up thing is...Blacksmithers have to do dailies just to get the recipes, so that might take a few days till someone has all of them
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
thanks for the answer :)

do you know if there is any other better/new enchants and gems for pvp?
Edited by Guillotine on 3/6/2013 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
03/06/2013 01:48 AMPosted by Tuslaw
Im expecting the Dreadful gear to have the same mats as the Contenders gear, so that would be around 10 Ghost Iron Bars per piece, but he F***ed up thing is...Blacksmithers have to do dailies just to get the recipes, so that might take a few days till someone has all of them

Do you know where i get the quests? Which NPC ?
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought the dreadful gear (at least for BS) was learned via discovery?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Do you know where i get the quests? Which NPC ?

Itoka: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69461

Kill him, drops a Lightning Steel Ingot that starts the quest to learn how to make Lightning Steel. Lightning Steel has a daily cooldown (1 per day) that has a chance to reward a previously unknown (to you) blacksmithing plan.

He's in an area of the Isle of Thunder that has to be unlocked. And won't be for 3-4 weeks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Only Leatherworkers and Tailors have started learing their recipes...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
TBI
3-4 weeks for phase 2?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
So what your saying is that Blacksmith's cant make thier crafted gear yet but Tailors and LW's can? After all the stuff Blizz said about making profession's even, and with all the talk about wanting the PVP gear to be leveled out even if you are starting late they made it where Plate wearer's can't get any crafted gear till the island is unlocked to phase 2,3, or 4? gg
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
So what your saying is that Blacksmith's cant make thier crafted gear yet but Tailors and LW's can? After all the stuff Blizz said about making profession's even, and with all the talk about wanting the PVP gear to be leveled out even if you are starting late they made it where Plate wearer's can't get any crafted gear till the island is unlocked to phase 2,3, or 4? gg

We have been trolled by Blizzard. I thought for a second that the part were they would like to close the gap between PvP gears, allowing players to "craft" dreadful gear was true, but I guess blizzard was just trolling everyone.
I will have full HOnor Gear and some conquest before I can get a recipe.
And my LW char, despite the early learning compared to BS, will take close to 3 months to get all recipes. GL trying to complete a entire SET for any alt before Full Malev gear.

They should just replace the Contender gear that pp already have and spent months farming spirit harmony to get it with the new Crafted Dreadful. The problem would be solved and everyone one would be happy.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
We have been trolled by Blizzard. I thought for a second that the part were they would like to close the gap between PvP gears, allowing players to "craft" dreadful gear was true, but I guess blizzard was just trolling everyone.

Yup.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Rogue
Once again, Blizzard lies to the playerbase and flips them the bird.

I am not doing this new crafted anything, fire GC.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
It's fairly stupid yeah, however it's not quite as bad as people are making out. This gear is 358, it's completely identical to the honor gear from last season, so the only people who'd want to buy it really are those leveling new alts or fresh players on their first 90.

Unless they're switching mains, I wouldn't expect many people to be leveling new alts at this point, PVP'ers will have the new season starting next week and need to get their rating up and new gear, PVE'ers have the new raid now, and depending on your interests, there's new mounts, pets, achievements, reps and dailies to occupy your time on your main.

As for new players just hitting 90 for the first time, yes they'll be interested in buying the crafted gear, assuming they know it exists, but....most fresh players have barely any gold so that's not a lucrative market either.

That's my opinion on the PVP gear...the PVE crafted gear however would sell pretty well right now, though the haunting spirits will be scarce since practically every drop at least for this week, will be an upgrade for someone unless there's nobody in your raid who can use it at all.

There's some big potential profits if you're lucky enough to get one of the epic pve recipes early. Blacksmiths are the ones getting royally screwed over here by the gating, though even that's not too bad...there's only 46 recipes to learn from lightning steel ingot, compared to 74 for leatherworkers, meaning if the forge is unlocked in exactly 28 days, both LW's and BS's would learn every possible pattern in the same amount of time from 5.2 release.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
03/08/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Katzbalger
It's fairly stupid yeah, however it's not quite as bad as people are making out. This gear is 358, it's completely identical to the honor gear from last season, so the only people who'd want to buy it really are those leveling new alts or fresh players on their first 90.

I waited a couple months to buy MoP because of how disappointing Cata was, I didn't attempt BGs or anything until it became apparent that World PvP is a-happening on my PvP server and I'm going to need PvP gear to be able to deal with in a way that doesn't involve long res timers.

Contender's gear is nearly worthless, it has just enough PvP Res. to keep you from being one-shot; but you'll still die in a global cooldown, and you won't have enough PvP power to put a dent in anyone except other scrubs in contender's gear.

From what they had said Blizzard seemed to want to make it easier for people to catch up in this season. It doesn't seem like they've been successful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm buying all of it, but have only seen the legs =/

I've only got the chest so far from valor, so the dreadful stuff is still an upgrade to the contender's I have on.

There isn't really other stuff to spend money on, so what the hey.
Reply Quote

Blizzard - "we're trying to keep all professions even"

2 days later

Blizzard - "yeah, plate wearers and blacksmiths are kinda screwed, but you'll have the patterns 'soon' (tm)"
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This is the biggest bunch of crap, I have a master leatherworker and tailor, both can make the dreadful, and I can't make anything from a daily cd for blacksmithing way to go Blizz why would you do that?!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
if anyone can make me dreadful gear lmi add me as a friend and when i come on wis me and ill pay you as much as i have in my bag at the time I'm a serious buyer and want the gear very bad tis is the gear for my rogue
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
05/29/2014 05:17 PMPosted by Moneymakr
if anyone can make me dreadful gear lmi add me as a friend and when i come on wis me and ill pay you as much as i have in my bag at the time I'm a serious buyer and want the gear very bad tis is the gear for my rogue

Then you need to post on your realm forum saying you want to buy a set instead of coming here and necro-posting to a thread from over a year ago....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]