UI Reloading When I Minimize

100 Undead Warrior
So I have had this issue for some time, a GM told me it was a known bug and would be fixed in 5.2 but here we are and same issue.

When ever I minimize WoW it minimizes, then there is a loading screen, then I see the game again. The problem is every time it does this, my whole chat resets. I can't scroll up and see the conversation I was having because it is not there. The chat acts like I just logged on.

I am playing on a brand new $2700 2013 27' iMac so I really don't think this is a problem of my computer can't handle.

It is really annoying because I am constantly missing out on what people are saying.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
/bump
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I opened a ticket about this issue on 4/21 and the response i got was:

"Regarding the UI reload issues, that's actually a known issue at the moment, and will be addressed in a future patch. At this time, we do not have an exact timeframe on when this will be resolved."

So, it's a problem they know about and are going to wait til the next patch or so to fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What fixed it for me was hitting CMD-M to switch it to windowed mode, then while in windowed mode, change the in-game resolution to the OS's and display's current resolution, even if the game shows it as already being there. Then just resize the game's window by dragging the bottom right corner to the desired size.

After that, it won't reload the UI anymore.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I believe just selecting the current resolution in-game again should resolve the reloading issue.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
well. that worked. thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
not working for me after re-selecting the resolution.
Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight
Yup thanks Machkhan. THat fixed it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Re-selecting the same resolution isn't working anymore. It worked the first time I did it, haven't since.

I've actually reinstalled WoW. I deleted the folder in Applications, and removed all the .plist files related to Warcraft (since I have SC2 and Diablo 3 installed). Still not working right.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
This started happening to me in 5.3.

Not only does it reload UI but the windowed resolution is 4:3 and has a mind of its own regardless of the resolution I pick. It's only annoying really because the chat log disappears and takes a little time to reload.

In earlier versions I could make this go away by picking the right resolution.

The major issue was the tiny cursor which someone else helped me fix in another thread. All Macbook Pro Retina problems I believe?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
rMBP here as well.

While re-selecting the resolution and applying works for the session you're currently in, as soon as you quit out and start WoW up again at another time, you have to go through the entire process again.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Hi there

This has started happening to me with the most recent patch. When I minimize the screen, it resets everything such as chat, the quests listed on the right side of the screen ect. Same when I maximize the game.

I know you have a TON of work to do, so not looking for any quick fix per se, just adding my two coppers into the hat.

Thank you for all of your hard work!!!!

For the Horde!
Reply Quote
Issue started up again in patch 6.0.3 and similar to what Machkhan said, I tried doing this and it didn't work, however I tweaked his idea and selected a different resolution and then hit Apply and after that finished I selected the correct resolution and hit Apply and that fixed the problem!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
05/12/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Machkhan
I believe just selecting the current resolution in-game again should resolve the reloading issue.

not for me,
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2014 03:54 PMPosted by Kyojiro
Issue started up again in patch 6.0.3 and similar to what Machkhan said, I tried doing this and it didn't work, however I tweaked his idea and selected a different resolution and then hit Apply and after that finished I selected the correct resolution and hit Apply and that fixed the problem!

This worked for me. I read in an earlier thread this should stick if you don't resize the windowed window.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I have been using the windowed (fullscreen) and using the four finger trackpad command to switch from program to program.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Just started having this issue as well. command-M suddenly is opening windowed mode at a different resolution than it is supposed to be, and on top of the reload mine actually crashes WoW when it does this. Opening in windowed mode and trying to reset the resolution is not helping. Any new information on this, Blues?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]