Mist's Phenomenal Pork Dumplings - Healer OT

90 Draenei Shaman
I ran Meditation in an alt TES run last night (she's never been in there before, except LFR). I haven't really played her since I ditched my keybinds and went with this mmo mouse, and I haven't kept up with Mistweavers, so I really didn't expect to do well. This group keeps asking me back on her though, so /shrug.

So yeah. I didn't do well on her. No surprise. I was, however, really off-balance with trying to find good opportunities to stay melee even if I didn't Jab much. Eventually, I just gave up on melee entirely and stayed ranged. Not because I had any issues with how it worked/didn't work, more just because /sigh overwhelmed.

We roflstomped normal-mode TES with the 10% nerf, though (up to Sha; numbers of these guys aren't actually on their alts, they're on their mains, and haven't seen normal-mode Sha before last night). If healing had actually been an issue, I might have tried to sort things out more, maybe? idk.
Don't give up on it, Fist! You're allowed to ask why they didn't choose to hire you (just ask politely) and you can ask them to keep you in mind for future positions.
Edited by Heartsings on 3/7/2013 1:57 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
Well, didn't get the job. Prospective girlfriend kind of fell through. Did terrible on my final yesterday. Got a presentation today that I'm all sorts of nervous for. Bleehhhhhh.

Aw /hug

You'll find an even better job, there are other fish in the sea, and you'll kick !@# on that presentation!

I'm house sitting starting Sunday and apparently my neighbor's internet is being slow :( I may bring mine over lolz.
90 Pandaren Monk
Don't give up on it, Fist! You're allowed to ask why they didn't choose to hire you (just ask politely) and you can ask them to keep you in mind for future positions.

Same reason why I keep getting turned away: availability. My schooling is getting in the way.

Aw /hug

You'll find an even better job, there are other fish in the sea, and you'll kick !@# on that presentation!

Thank you.
100 Blood Elf Monk
>hating monks

Not a whole lot has changed, except you can't spam jab now and if you want to BoK, you have to couple jab with an expel harm or renewing mist.

Monks are still fun, and powerful.

Bads will be bad, I suppose.
90 Pandaren Shaman
>hating monks

Not a whole lot has changed, except you can't spam jab now and if you want to BoK, you have to couple jab with an expel harm or renewing mist.

Monks are still fun, and powerful.

Bads will be bad, I suppose.

its sad that so much of your advice comes spiced with pointless insults, which really devalue the helpful portions of your posts. =/
Eventually, I just gave up on melee entirely and stayed ranged. Not because I had any issues with how it worked/didn't work, more just because /sigh overwhelmed.

I'm definitely noticing that it's hard to stay in melee and watch health bars at the same time. If I'm in melee, I have to trust my Eminence healing to keep everyone up, because ... I just don't have the attention necessary to spot-heal. Considering glyphing Surging Mists for this very reason.

Speaking of, I got my first Galleon kill ever last night!! My previous attempts always got wiped by the Horde, but this time no one showed up. I heard Mr. Salyis yelling, and I raced back to the Shrine to find a group ... but NO ONE knew Galleon was up. I was the first to notice. So they're pulling a group together, and 40 minutes later we get the kill. No horde. It was pretty awesome.
100 Blood Elf Monk
its sad that so much of your advice comes spiced with pointless insults, which really devalue the helpful portions of your posts. =/

No such thing as a pointless insult, especially when something makes absolutely no sense. Additionally, all that matters is the fact that I'm right. When it comes to matters of fact, no level of rudeness actually makes something less true.

Monk is largely the same, except with more SM usage for chi generation rather than Jab. You can still DPS 90% of a fight and still stay in melee 100% of the time and do everything as per normal. Can't fathom why anyone would ever leave melee.

I had my concerns before the patch hit since I PTR tested with lower ilvls than most people will usually have, but it's pretty much no different than it was last week on live.

Just have to play well. Not that hard.
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/07/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Mist
This is our home, let's keep it nice!
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/07/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Mist

No such thing as a pointless insult, especially when something makes absolutely no sense. Additionally, all that matters is the fact that I'm right. When it comes to matters of fact, no level of rudeness actually makes something less true.

Monk is largely the same, except with more SM usage for chi generation rather than Jab. You can still DPS 90% of a fight and still stay in melee 100% of the time and do everything as per normal. Can't fathom why anyone would ever leave melee.

I had my concerns before the patch hit since I PTR tested with lower ilvls than most people will usually have, but it's pretty much no different than it was last week on live.

Just have to play well. Not that hard.

it doesnt matter how right you are when your delivery is rude. you may as well not bother saying anything at all, because people are not going to absorb it.

delivery matters, and i hope you learn that before you get a job somewhere and try using the "it doesnt matter if i was rude, i was right!" argument on someone.

in before "this is just the internet so my behavior doesnt matter"

*rolleyes*
100 Blood Elf Monk
03/07/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Maharei
This is our home, let's keep it nice!

Those are not my words! I would never say such a thing. I think in ST, my rule of thumb was "as long as you don't get banned."

in before "this is just the internet so my behavior doesnt matter"

Well this is just the internet, and my persona on the WoW forums has always been abrasive and matter-of-fact-know-it-all-I'm-better-than-you-ish. That's never stopped anyone from learning from what I have to say, despite how mean I come off as. It's been pretty effective for 3 years now.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Just because no one has said anything to you, does not mean that it "never stopped anyone from learning." You really have no idea the efficacy of your advice and how many people it really resonates with because you know, you don't. Maybe it helped every person who ever read it, or maybe 75% of them discarded your posts for being rude and never bothered to mention it to you. Either way, I doubt you actually care.

But it's fine, I don't expect to sway you or make you be any less unkind in your posting. Just sayin, yo.
100 Blood Elf Monk
03/07/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Fluffy
Either way, I doubt you actually care.

Precisely.

And with the volume of people who still come to me for advice, I'd wager that my advice is fairly effective no matter.
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/07/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Mist
Those are not my words! I would never say such a thing. I think in ST, my rule of thumb was "as long as you don't get banned."

I still couldn't help smirking at that. Speaking of ST, do you know/remember Darinor?
Edited by Maharei on 3/7/2013 3:28 PM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
Can we all calm the hell down before I break out my stick and start breaking legs?
100 Blood Elf Monk
Server \ Race \ Guild?

Can we all calm the hell down before I break out my stick and start breaking legs?

I'm completely calm. It's other people trying to change a good thing causing the problem!
Edited by Mist on 3/7/2013 3:35 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Emerald Dream, Holy Paladin, Shattered Twilight. Somewhere along the line I got the impression that someone or a few of your guildies came from ED.
100 Blood Elf Monk
Well.

I came from Emerald Dream.

I remember Darinor now, though.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm calm. :P Just because I disagree with Mist's delivery does not mean I'm gonna go all wall-punch crazy mad. xD

WHYYYYY isn't it Friday yet?!?!?!?!
90 Pandaren Priest
I just want you to all get along and hug, OK?

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE HUGS.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]