Mist's Phenomenal Pork Dumplings - Healer OT

90 Night Elf Druid
None of the PvE healing trinkets from raids should be proccing outside of combat as of 5.2.

Yeah i figured that out after my post. I can't wrap my head around why they would do that. Only thing i can figure is that you couldn't use on of the bubble trinkets stacks from pre-pull or something but it is craptastic anyway.

Just wanted to mess with it a bit. Funny i will just re-equip my dmc. Silly that when healer trinkets drop that there is 0 excitement from the healing team, everyone is like meh.
100 Pandaren Monk
Hooooo boy, Grid is not as friendly to set up as Xperl.

x~x
90 Night Elf Priest
Hooooo boy, Grid is not as friendly to set up as Xperl.

x~x

I hated grid. Vuhdo wouldn't save my key bindings. Xperl was meh to me.

I ended up with the standard Elvui frames.

I was pretty flustred when I spent the time to set Vuhdo up and it reset everything when I logged in. D:
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I was pretty flustred when I spent the time to set Vuhdo up and it reset everything when I logged in. D:

That's because you didn't save it. ;p

It also saves your profiles and keymaps seperately, which is not immediately obvious. If you don't, well...guess you found out what happens. ;)

If the ElvUI/Clique is working well for you, great, but if you wanted to try VuhDo again, I'd be happy to help you as best I can, including streaming so you can see where the options are.

Riôt
90 Night Elf Priest
03/08/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Riôt

That's because you didn't save it. ;p

It also saves your profiles and keymaps seperately, which is not immediately obvious. If you don't, well...guess you found out what happens. ;)

If the ElvUI/Clique is working well for you, great, but if you wanted to try VuhDo again, I'd be happy to help you as best I can, including streaming so you can see where the options are.

Riôt

Nope, I saved it.

It only reset like 6 bindings. So i did it all again, resaved it. It then had reset the position of my frames.

Admittedly, my new computer that I build has had some weird WoW issues. Namely I'll set up my system preferences and it'll reset them when I leave instances and things like that. And even Elvui is having issues. Im confident it's likely some file corruption since I drag and dropped the entirity of WoW.

Going to uninstall and reinstall everything this weekend.
Also, not using Clique. Figured it was easier to just write the macros myself.
Edited by Naérdriel on 3/8/2013 12:12 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Nope, I saved it.

I have heard this before, and very recently. Turned out to be not as true as they thought. Just saying. ;)

On many of the Tabs, there is a button that is a couple of swirly white arrows on a circular blue background that says Apply. I have found that if you are not hitting this button from time to time, then things don't save like they should. A decent rule of thumb is that if that button is present on a Tab where you are making changes, then you should probably hit it before moving on.

This too, is not something that is immediately obvious as something you need to do. Bad VuhDo there, indeed.

It also has one other odd thing - sometimes, when you go to close the options editor, it will give you a popup that says you have X number of changes, and asks if you are sure you want to discard them. If you have been hitting Apply like you should, the answer to that question is YES. If you want to see it, go to Tools, and use the raid size tester. Then, click on the Cancel button. Even though you have changed nothing, you will probably get this popup. I would not click NO, if I were you.

Maybe that's what happened?

Anyway, not trying to push it on you, just passing on info that I have learned over time using it.

Riôt
90 Night Elf Priest
Nah, you're fine! I tried re-installing it post 5.2 and now I cna't even locate and/or load the options menu! It's terrible.

It used to show up much like raid options, as a tab off to the side. Now it won't laod in at all, even with loading out of date addons.

I'm just not sure what the advantage is to using it comparitively to Elvui?

With Elvui I can set up alerts for low health, debuffs/buffs, change the order of the 25 man, move the frames wherever.

What does Vuhdoo bring to the table, more so? That maybe I should be using?
100 Pandaren Monk

Well, that's interesting.

Upon thinking about this I just got off my behind and wrote a mouseover macro, which solved the bug I was having between Clique and Xperl.

Still might tinker with some other raidframe addons to see if I like any of them.
90 Draenei Priest
Vuhdo's options UI is upsetting.

If grid weren't completely broken for me I'd be using it + Clique.
90 Night Elf Priest

Well, that's interesting.

Upon thinking about this I just got off my behind and wrote a mouseover macro, which solved the bug I was having between Clique and Xperl.

Still might tinker with some other raidframe addons to see if I like any of them.

I like that with Clique, while it's user friendly, it's hardly dificulty to make the micros myself. Also, with the mouse I use, sometimes it's a pain to get compality issues resolved as it is.

I think the Elvui frames are prettier than Vuhdoos D:
90 Human Priest

you're upsetting.
90 Night Elf Priest
03/08/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Tsilyi

you're upsetting.

D: So mean!

IT's supposed to be user firendly but I found it anything but XD
100 Blood Elf Paladin
IT's supposed to be user firendly but I found it anything but XD

I don't know who told you this, but imo, a great many of the options are not where I would expect to find them. I can't tell you how many times I've grumbled about not being able to find an option because it's in some wierd place (to me).

Riôt
90 Draenei Shaman
03/08/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Riôt
On many of the Tabs, there is a button that is a couple of swirly white arrows on a circular blue background that says Apply. I have found that if you are not hitting this button from time to time, then things don't save like they should.

I don't know whether this is what Naer is experiencing, given the other reset difficulties she says she's dealing with, but this is very good information. it took me... well over a year of working (awkwardly) with VuhDo before I figured this out. Admittedly, I'm terrible at learning how to interact with software of any sort, but... yeah.

03/08/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Riôt
I don't know who told you this, but imo, a great many of the options are not where I would expect to find them. I can't tell you how many times I've grumbled about not being able to find an option because it's in some wierd place (to me).

... yeah. and this ^

So much this.
Edited by Ellarix on 3/8/2013 1:05 PM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
VuhDo is not user friendly. Whoever told you that is on crack.
90 Night Elf Druid
I want my hair back. Bald trolls are not beautiful.
90 Human Priest
i've always... eventually been able to do what i want with vuhdo. it just need to be showered in attention and love and constant experimentation. i even sort of made it look like grid. sort of!

i've actually frequently thought about switching healing addons (either to grid or to just using elvui and mouseovers) but... i don't know. way too lazy to experiment until vuhdo breaks since it does pretty much everything i want at this point.
90 Draenei Shaman
03/08/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Tsilyi
i've always... eventually been able to do what i want with vuhdo. it just need to be showered in attention and love and constant experimentation.

lol, yes :D
100 Blood Elf Monk
i've always... eventually been able to do what i want with vuhdo. it just need to be showered in attention and love and constant experimentation. i even sort of made it look like grid. sort of!

If you're gonna make a !@#$ty mod try to look like grid, just use grid. ffs.
100 Blood Elf Mage
Laziness is the reason I still use healbot.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]