Mist's Phenomenal Pork Dumplings - Healer OT

90 Blood Elf Mage
Okay! Made a Healer's IRC website for cross realm raids http://healersirc.enjin.com there will be a raid this Wednesday around 9PM EST either horde or alliance side depending on how many we have if you're interested please sign up http://healersirc.enjin.com/events

And added me (Veroicone#1375) or you can chat with us about it in IRC :)
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I went to my niece's birthday party today, at one of the trampoline places called Skyzone. I walked in, and it looked like it would be a lot of fun.

The first thing you have to do is sign a waiver. I'm reading through it, and one line in particular caught my eye;

"People often run into each other, causing serious injuries, including broken bones, paralysis, etc." Key word there being *often.* This happens often, eh? Ok...

So, we get through all of that, and I'm looking forward to jumping on the trampolines with my nieces, maybe picking them up, throwing them, you know...really fun Uncle stuff that makes them squeal with delight (and not going to lie, me too - they give me such joy).

Oh nonono, this is not allowed. Everyone has to be on their own square sections (presumably, to prevent the frequent occurrences of people running into each other...), and on top of that...it seems that here, size matters, and if you are significantly bigger, you can't jump near them PERIOD. I couldn't even have fun with them on the next square over.

My nieces had a blast, and that's the important thing. I just can't help but think that our fear-and-lawsuit-centric culture has taken most of the fun out of just about everything. If this kind of place had existed when I was her age, there would have been no waiver, no lame-assed rules that prevent everyone from participating together, no effing 16-year old kids trying to enforce said rules, and everyone would have had a great time.

Don't get me wrong, I still had fun watching them jump, tumble, and laugh. It just could have been so much more.

On the flip side, they do have trampoline dodge-ball...

Riôt
90 Blood Elf Mage
^ I'd so beat you!
90 Draenei Priest
Btw Vero I can actually do alliance to on my druid, if there aren't enough horde to make a group.
90 Blood Elf Mage
If you sign up on the website select your role as green which means you can do horde or alliance and just list what roles you can do for each faction :)
90 Draenei Shaman
Okay! Made a Healer's IRC website for cross realm raids http://healersirc.enjin.com there will be a raid this Wednesday around 9PM EST either horde or alliance side depending on how many we have if you're interested please sign up http://healersirc.enjin.com/events

And added me (Veroicone#1375) or you can chat with us about it in IRC :)

/happy shammy dance

... I will get back to you (properly, on the new website) if I can attend!

Are healer-forumers' guildies welcome to volunteer to fill empty spots? I may have some Goats who could be interested (probably mostly dps).

edit: some may actually be halfway decent players, lol (like, were a part of the group who took a break mid-DS at 5/8 H, and came back to the game at 30% nerf and roflstomped 8/8 H). Can't make any promises about the rest ;) It's ok if you tell me it's careful/selective invite-only for the halfway decent ones!
Edited by Ellarix on 3/8/2013 7:41 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
^ Yes of course :D!

Anyone is welcome to join <3

And feel free to sign up even if you're not sure you can attend or not :)
90 Draenei Shaman
Aye aye, Captain!

I'll put out the word :) We're a small guild, but there are some who might be quite interested in randomly doing some T14 for the usual reasons (newer guildies trying to catch up gear-wise, alt trying to gear up, ppl needing transmog/achieves, people who just love doing current-ish raid content with other fun people).

edit: uh, I just tried registering on the website so I can sign up for the raid etc... but it tells me my email address is already in use???? Didn't you just create that website?
Edited by Ellarix on 3/8/2013 8:00 PM PST
90 Draenei Priest
Aye aye, Captain!

I'll put out the word :) We're a small guild, but there are some who might be quite interested in randomly doing some T14 for the usual reasons (newer guildies trying to catch up gear-wise, alt trying to gear up, ppl needing transmog/achieves, people who just love doing current-ish raid content with other fun people).

edit: uh, I just tried registering on the website so I can sign up for the raid etc... but it tells me my email address is already in use???? Didn't you just create that website?

I assume if you already have an enjin account you'd use it? All I can think of.
90 Blood Elf Mage
^ Yeah just means you have an enjin account :) Just log into your account you have already and register.
AWWRIGHT!!! I am so happy! I got a staff and trinket in LFR ToES today and was healing with 2 guild tanks and one guild healer, the good shammy who has loot horseshoes up his butt (thats my mental reasoning for getting loot at all) and I might get to ACTUALLY FACTUALLY DO A NORMAL RAID!! MSV saturday and HoF tues/thurs.

My guildies were very encouraging the whole time, saying how well I was doing for not being that geared and then I outhealed the shammy and got top heals. Granted, it was a fight that caters far more to monks than shamans (Garalon) but I think 21% is my personal best i think, but I don't have a recount so I am not certain (normally I am a team player when it comes to raids but LFR makes me a teensy bit competitive and at this point I WAS trying to impress to get a raid spot, sooo....). They were all surprised because the shaman was outhealing a fully heroic raid geared priest the other day in crap gear. He is really very good and I will be happy to heal with him :3

I am a bit nervous though. This will quite literally be the first time I do any raid non-lfr that is in the current expansion.
100 Tauren Druid
Wow, I see what you all mean by that trash after Jin'rokh. That was ... eventful!

I am down for any raid role Horde-side, although I don't have the most experience tanking, yet. I will try to register and sign up tomorrow.
90 Draenei Priest
In my regular raid tonight we were short a tank so about an hour after we normally would start we ended up farming ToT trash for rep. As my Pally was already saved, I ended up bringing my Priest. We got everyone to 2999/3000 Neutral and then people were curious what I meant about the post-jin'Rokh trash being bad since I'd mentioned it so many times, so I switched back to my Pally and everyone joined the lockout.
It actually ended up being annoying but relatively easy to clear so long as people weren't impatient and pulls were carefully executed. Stand here and you'll be safe. No, not next to here, stand HERE.
We made it up to Horridon and by then it was the end of the night. So we "attempted" the kill. Someone even offered to give everyone $100 if we managed to pull it off. Not surprisingly, no one is getting any money.
Still it was good experience for everyone.
90 Draenei Priest
Yeah Horridon's trash is super easy after you've figured it out, it's just a huge shock the first few pulls. :P
100 Tauren Druid
Well, we had all heard it was tough, so just for the lulz, we decided to zerg and see what happens. First, we had the inevitable "Mother-****** snakes in the mother-******* raid" comments, then we had the Wheeeeee!!!!! moment off the bridge. Since we had three druids in the raid (Guardian, feral, and me), I decided to cast Travel form going over the edge, so we would have the complete set of airborn druid forms.

We had the trash basically sorted out by the end, but didn't bother even pulling Horridon, as we felt that the guild repair fund had taken enough abuse for one evening.
90 Draenei Priest
On a random note, when I was checking the mail on my hordie, I saw a warrior in chat named Milkemesilly. I had to do a double take; thought I'd run across our moo-cow of a similar name.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Off to (weather permitting) go fly a kite today. I appear to be quite the gadabout these days.
100 Blood Elf Monk
The Mistweaver ability Revival will no longer dispel players who have any of the following effects:

Primordius: Clear Mind, Fully Mutated, Improved Synapses, and Thick Bones
Durumu: Dark Parasite
Jin'rokh the Breaker: Ionization

lol
90 Draenei Shaman
The Mistweaver ability Revival will no longer dispel players who have any of the following effects:

Primordius: Clear Mind, Fully Mutated, Improved Synapses, and Thick Bones
Durumu: Dark Parasite
Jin'rokh the Breaker: Ionization

lol

Ahhhh Blizz - you so crazy.
100 Pandaren Priest
Have yet to see ToT because of stupid real life. Luckily, I'll start with Ji-kun (and Gastropod!!) on Sunday.

WTB Staff.

As an eff you to monks, they should have added the poison debuff from the Gurubashi adds on Horridon. Get stomped, Monks.
Edited by Kerias on 3/9/2013 12:15 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]