Tip for Shado-Pan Assault rep

100 Gnome Priest
If you're a raider, that is. Won't matter if you're not.

ToT trash will only give rep to 2999/3000 Neutral. If you get the quest for the 3 ritual stones from Taran Zhu or pick up a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen, don't turn them in until you're to 2999/3000. Turning one in will then bounce you to friendly to buy the Friendly rep items.

So far there seem to be 4 quests for Shado-Pan:
Treasures of the Thunder King - 500 rep (completed after your first "treasure room" run)
Secrets in the Isle of Thunder - 200 rep
Setting the Trap - 300 rep
Champions of the Thunder King - 300 rep.

The last one supposedly is repeatable once a week so even someone who doesn't raid at all could get to exalted with Shado-Pan Assault eventually - if you have 130+ weeks to spare.
Reply Quote
How many people would you need to clear trash to farm the first 2999 rep? I'm assuming it's not currently soloable.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
You're still going to want a standard 10 or 25 man raid group this week, or you can wait until next week when LFR opens. Pair of tanks and enough healers to keep everyone alive, then DPS to fill the group. People are probably going to want to be 490+ to clear trash in normal mode.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Thanks for the heads up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
475 can clear trash
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So I was told that you cannot reach friendly rep with shadow pan assault until you kill the first boss in ToT, does this apply to both the 10 man and 25 man LFR?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I was at 2999 rep the other day and completed one of the ritual summoning quests which put me over to friendly...we had already killed a boss though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
A cool trick to pull if you're 2999/3000 and done with raiding for a week is to go on a 90 alt and do the treasure scenario. At the end of it, you have a very high (maybe 100%, not sure) chance to get a BoA +100 rep insignia for Shado-pan assault, which can push you over. Easy and quick. I've saved one just to push me from friendly to honored, whenever that's necessary.
Edited by Aakarshan on 3/12/2013 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
475 can clear trash

You haven't seen the people on this server.

So I was told that you cannot reach friendly rep with shadow pan assault until you kill the first boss in ToT, does this apply to both the 10 man and 25 man LFR?

LFR can be used for rep, also. You're limited to rep once per boss per week though so can't kill Jin'rokh in LFR then also get rep when you kill him on nomal.

A cool trick to pull if you're 2999/3000 and done with raiding for a week is to go on a 90 alt and do the treasure scenario. At the end of it, you have a very high (maybe 100%, not sure) chance to get a BoA +100 rep insignia for Shado-pan assault, which can push you over. Easy and quick. I've saved one just to push me from friendly to honored, whenever that's necessary.

I actually got my first one last night, saving it for my druid since she tends to back up heal for another guild when they're short a healer.

I don't think there's really any "push" once you get past Friendly. Rep at that point should be coming primarily from boss kills anyway. I didn't manage to get the Primal champion killed for the Champions of the Thunder King quest last week so I can't confirm if it is actually a weekly like some say. Hopefully someone who got it done last week can let us know if they can pick it up again this week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I must've just gotten lucky then. All my alts that've done that scenario have left with at least once, I started to think they were auto-given once per scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I have been wondering about Shado Pan Assault's rep and i looked it up and it brought me to this. Just to summarize for myself.
Kill trash to get rep to just before friendly.
Then the quests give you rep as well as boss kills?
Correct?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Yes, but the quests are very limited. Champions of the Thunder King is the only one that is repeatable once a week. The other quests are one time deals only.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I just killed council on my druid, first time ever in LFR ToT. if you are 2999/3000 BEFORE you kill council you will receive 330 rep (guild bonus) and it WILL push you into friendly!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Yes, the first time you kill a boss for the week in ToT you get rep but only once per boss per week. No double dipping if you're doing LFR and normal/heroic. I remember reading somewhere that it will take about 15 weeks to get to exalted if you can full clearand do the quest every week, though rep bonuses might speed it up a week or so.

(Darkmoon Carousel, why do we have to wait anonther week?!)

But if you don't raid at all, that one quest is the only repeatable source of rep once friendly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
where do u even get shadow pan assault rep started i dont have a place for it in my rep screen
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
It won't display until you have either killed a boss in ToT or completed the "Secrets in the Isle of Thunder" quest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
where do u even get shadow pan assault rep started i dont have a place for it in my rep screen

Most of the newer reps now start showing on your rep screen the moment you do something that generates at least 1 rep point for that faction. So, if you do any of the quests mentioned in this thread, or you get into a ToT LFR group and kill some trash, then instantly the rep for the faction starts showing on your rep page.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Where do you pick up the quests mentioned in this thread? Really want to get that rep up, but wasn't sure where to actually start.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
When you first start out on Isle of Thunder, you'll get a quest asking you to go speak to Taran Zhu. That opens up the Shado Pan Assault specific quests.

The quests are a terribly slow way to do it though since once you get the first couple of quests done, you're limited to the single weekly quest worth 300 rep. A full clear of Throne of Thunder is worth about 3k rep, if I remember correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]