How did Ring of Peace go live?

74 Human Rogue

Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing all nearby enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and nearby enemy players unable to auto-attack. In addition, enemies who cast a harmful spell within the ring become silenced for 3 sec. Ring of Peace lasts for 8 sec.

45 Second Cooldown

This is easily the most OP ability in the history of this game. Remember the Death and Decay fear? We thought that was bad, this is 1000 times worse. Blizzard removed that abomination quickly, why would Ring of Peace be introduced into the game? In the hands of good players this makes everyone on your team unkillable. Not just unkillable every 45 seconds, but unkillable all the time if you line up your CDs properly. In the hands of terrible players, well they will still be terrible. But it surely won't hurt them.

Yes, we all knew that Monks needed buffs but giving them this outrageous ability is WAY over the top. You better start turning on DBM for PVP because this ability makes Monks raid bosses.

Whose genius idea was it to give them this ability? Lets start a petition to the White House and get the 10,000 signatures or whatever is needed so they can force Blizzard to remove this ability.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Monks finally get a guaranteed spot in RBGs. Good for them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Get rid of Ring of Peace, abilities that are that powerful and make class/specs desired so much more than other ones should be removed.

Lets also remove:

Howling Blast - This makes DKs way too good for RBG, and it hurts unholy's ability to make the team.
Gorefiend's Grap - Aoe deathgrip? you must be joking
Shockwave - This amount of control by warriors, even with the nerfed cooldown, just makes them too useful
Bubble - Being able to go immune to damage? This makes holy paladins (who brings ret really...) too good at surviving rushes
Spirit Link Totem - Whose idea was it to let a healer have such a powerful tool?
Thunder - Ele shammies getting into RBGs is not meant to happen
Solar beam - Looks like a pillar of awesome, can't have that
Cyclone - I mean really, people going immune is tough, it makes me go poopy
Sap - Really? node capping should be done like a man, stand and fight
Smoke Bomb - Are they magicians now? POOF
Ring of Frost - PUT A RING ON IT
Mass dispel - Lazy priest can't push his dispel button multiple times in a row? seriously
Fear - It makes me afraid

Lets remove all the things that make it tough to play against other classes. Replace pvp with battle pets and call it a day.

On a more serious note.... Ring of Peace is dumb, I'd rather have:

1) slightly more defense against melee
2) slightly better self heals, or at least as good as we had last patch
3) better passive mitigation or abilities that perform this task for BM for RBG tanking
4) a reason WW gets brought to RBGs that doesn't revolve around one ability (plus I like my aoe kick-stun)
Edited by Gumble on 3/7/2013 9:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
74 Human Rogue
An ability this powerful needs a 6 hour cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Ring of Peace, in its current design, really isn't *that* powerful. Yeah, it is noteworthy, but it is nice that the class has something to look out for now. I will say that it is quite powerful against melee, though.

With the recent monk damage nerfs, it'd be ridiculous to nerf their utility as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Not just unkillable every 45 seconds, but unkillable all the time if you line up your CDs properly

Well, that can easily be solved by a forbearance style debuff (on the victims: i.e. "You cannot be impeded by RoP again for 40 seconds", debuff is when you are disarmed or silenced due to RoP.

Howling Blast - This makes DKs way too good for RBG, and it hurts unholy's ability to make the team.
Shockwave - This amount of control by warriors, even with the nerfed cooldown, just makes them too useful
Bubble - Being able to go immune to damage? This makes holy paladins (who brings ret really...) too good at surviving rushes
Spirit Link Totem - Whose idea was it to let a healer have such a powerful tool?
Mass dispel - Lazy priest can't push his dispel button multiple times in a row? seriously

Not one hunter ability...this says a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Because it works against 19 of the 34 specs... 8 of that 19 which it will have a minimum impact (3 hunter and 5 tanks)

So it's very effective against about 1/3 of the specs, and mainly useless against the others. Got ya. Should totally have it's CD extended....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There is middle ground between "Ring of Peace is balanced" and

Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/07/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Verdash
Not just unkillable every 45 seconds, but unkillable all the time if you line up your CDs properly

Well, that can easily be solved by a forbearance style debuff (on the victims: i.e. "You cannot be impeded by RoP again for 40 seconds", debuff is when you are disarmed or silenced due to RoP.

Not one hunter ability...this says a lot.

All this tells me, is that he's yet to catch a powershot to the teeth.

Or he's actually a hunter in disguise. I'm on to your game.
Reply Quote
74 Human Rogue
They should bring back AoE FoK interrupt
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Honestly, it wasn't an exhaustive list.... I'm sure Powershot or Stampede could make it on there. It was more a "everyone has abilities that make other classes go NO FAIR".

I honestly think there are abilities like Ring of Peace that I dislike, as they promote stacking those classes for things like RBGs...... instead of making those LESS impactful, blizzard does stuff like trying to give Ret Pallies a magic dispel tied to another move to give them their own "oh we need a ret for this stupid OP move".

It just seems silly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
They should bring back AoE FoK interrupt

Yeah but in order to have aoe fok interupt you'd lose a lot of damage potential. The only times I recall fighting a fokterupt rogue it was mostly annoying but not dangerous at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ring of Peace is not even that good. WW still won't get a spot in good rbg groups unless they're getting carried. In arena, WW will still go leg sweep over half the time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
03/07/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Acteon
All this tells me, is that he's yet to catch a powershot to the teeth.

Every class in the game can deliver damage, this isn't not something unique hunters possess that would make you want to bring one to an RBG team.

There are even other classes that hit harder than hunters. DK's come to mind, yet they still bring the RBG necessary ability Death grip/group death grip.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am a God with this ability. Check how awful my gear is. Well I'm almost literally unkillable with this Jesus like ability. I swear if Blizz nerfs this.....
Edited by Dormammu on 3/7/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, causing all nearby enemies within 8 yards to be disarmed and nearby enemy players unable to auto-attack. In addition, enemies who cast a harmful spell within the ring become silenced for 3 sec. Ring of Peace lasts for 8 sec.

45 Second Cooldown

This is easily the most OP ability in the history of this game. Remember the Death and Decay fear? We thought that was bad, this is 1000 times worse. Blizzard removed that abomination quickly, why would Ring of Peace be introduced into the game? In the hands of good players this makes everyone on your team unkillable. Not just unkillable every 45 seconds, but unkillable all the time if you line up your CDs properly. In the hands of terrible players, well they will still be terrible. But it surely won't hurt them.

Yes, we all knew that Monks needed buffs but giving them this outrageous ability is WAY over the top. You better start turning on DBM for PVP because this ability makes Monks raid bosses.

Whose genius idea was it to give them this ability? Lets start a petition to the White House and get the 10,000 signatures or whatever is needed so they can force Blizzard to remove this ability.

I just want to say GC said a 3 sec untargettable by range attacks was OP "Phantasm", yet they release this crap? good one GC what BS will you come up with next?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If I had to guess they will increase the cool down because being able to counter 100% of the DPS classes burst cool downs in the game is a bit much for the average WoW player.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
same way stampede, shreiken toss, juggernaut, mage/war/spriest damage, ect ect all made it through beta
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Mistweavers finally get a guaranteed spot in RBGs. Good for them.

fixed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]