Unleashed fury forever manditory for ENH Pvp

90 Dwarf Shaman
Honestly, I can not close gaps or kite half as well without frostbrand offhand.

And rockbiters damage reduction makes it a fair swap.

Elemental blast has too much downtime in pvp for enhance.

The only other option being primal elementalist, which Isn't good because the earth elementals support outweighs the fire elementals damage in most cases, but only one can be out at a time, so really it's like Unleashed fury but lasts much longer, can only be used once, only 1 at a time with 5 min cd each, and is also susceptible to damage and cc.

Also, choosing PE means very little uptime on melee ranged ability's.

So go ahead and buff the PE talent damage another 20%, it still won't beat UF in pvp.

Just providing awareness.
Edited by Tehfist on 3/7/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So go ahead and buff the PE talent damage another 20%, it still won't beat UF in pvp

agreed. Plus any good player/team will stomp the totem so gg..
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
What about for pve, im thinking about going enhance, (really what ever raid finder gear set i finish first). Should i still run UF or PE?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Safe bet is by far unleashed fury. with this you have much more control over your dps then with PE.

Only time PE would be useful is on a boss that requires substantial damage in the last phase, so you can get high burst in the beginning and end of the fight, even then UF is just as viable because you can still use your elemental for burst without PE talent, while benefiting from UF.

Elemental blast is single target so it would hinder aoe dps by consuming MW5's that would have been used for chain lightning.

besides, a level 90 talent that is a cast time damaging spell is dumb for a melee and healing spec.

I think EB should replace lightning bolt for elemental(or just be elemental spell) and we should get a new 90 talent.
Edited by Tehfist on 3/7/2013 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I've never actually used UF for pvp before, just pve. Is it really something that most pvp enh shamans rely on? I've always liked the burst that can come with EB if it crits. But yeah, the cooldown is pretty lame.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
03/07/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Wargall
Is it really something that most pvp enh shamans rely on?

Mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
What about for pve, im thinking about going enhance, (really what ever raid finder gear set i finish first). Should i still run UF or PE?

read the sticky
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
So go ahead and buff the PE talent damage another 20%, it still won't beat UF in pvp.
Or nerf UF...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
03/07/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Shamantra
Or nerf UF...

UF is all we have, nerf it and theres no point to enhancement pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
03/07/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Oldfugly
any good player/team will stomp the totem

i usually just hide it with totemic projection
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I have no problem closing gaps with the simple 1-2 of frost shock snare- UE with Frostbrand on.
I don't use UF outside of Bgs..... Completely fine with EB
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I have only ever used Unleash Fury for all enhance pvp, it is far too core to our gap closing and survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I think this is a really drastic statement in the topic of the post and not quite true. I have been running UF, and while I agree that it is the best option for PVE, I am not so sure for PVP, more specifically arenas.
With the arena comp I am running I am considering trying the EB for the burst. EB also now has a chance of giving enhance shaman’s agility for the random stat as well.
I do not think mobility will be too much of a problem with my 3s comp, and the 12 second cool down is not a problem for me seeing I use a lot of my maelstrom procs on hexing and healing.
The thing that worries me the most is giving up the static shock on melee hits, but I am willing to give up a lot of steady dps for an amazing burst. Also if you are lucky EB can proc EOE and then if EB crits…
In the end I do not thing UF is automatically mandatory in pvp. It depends on if its BG or Arena, and it depends on your groups comp and strategies. I am giving it a try this week so we will see how it goes.

PS: “Just providing awareness”= Just closing your minds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am new to Enhance pvp and have been looking for a good guide, but I can't locate one. Does this mean your running Frostbrand 100% of the time and just rotating in rockbiter when being focused?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I find the UF sprint useless since any snare basically renders it useless. Men use elemental blast.
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Oldfugly
So go ahead and buff the PE talent damage another 20%, it still won't beat UF in pvp

This is outdated. You cant "stomp" a totem with 155k hp and 65% resilience. When someone starts targeting it just project it away.

Also the Primal elementals are significantly harder to cc since they are actual pets. Meaning, your tremor totem, trinket, and windwalk totem effect them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I wish elemental blast would just be an instant spell not consumed by maelstrom and keep the 12sec timer. I find I don't get to use it since hex and heals eat up 2/3 of the maelstrom procs needed to use eb. It works great during the opener then other stuff hogs priority and diminishes its value. AS makes it a little better but not for a 1.5 min cd usually better spent on hex.

UF provides so many more maelstroms with unleashed windfury I almost think the lightning bolts out damage eb over the duration of a match since I can't EB on cooldown. I rarely get left alone enough for elemental blast to be viable, I always feel like I have to save Mw5 stacks for EB and then I start taking damage and have to burn a great damage ability for a crappy heal that probly won't save me. It ends up being lose/lose if the fight lasts any time at all.

Rockbiter alone makes UF worth taking sorry EB lovers the talent has Gimp written all over it.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
04/19/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Bipst
155k hp

2 gcds instead of 1, all that means. As far as projecting it, great if you can afford to talent it or its part of your comps cc train. Not so great if you cant or dont.

your tremor totem

So im being focused, i pop earth ele, they fear my healer, now i have a choice: tremor my healer or lose my 5m def cd? Theres a very low possibility that I would waste trinket to freedom my fire ele. I would have to be assured a kill to do that.

Theres no good arena team that wld let you use PE effectively. Until they separate the ele survival from the totem, I personally wont take it unless im facing thugcleave ...maybe. UF fits my playstyle just fine as enh. But do what you like. If you can find a way to use it effectively in your playstyle, i wish ya gl.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
04/19/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Bipst

This is outdated. You cant "stomp" a totem with 155k hp and 65% resilience. When someone starts targeting it just project it away.

Also the Primal elementals are significantly harder to cc since they are actual pets. Meaning, your tremor totem, trinket, and windwalk totem effect them.

In 5.3 all totems have 5 HP.
Just sayin'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]