Windwalker Monk's Nerf's.

90 Undead Monk
Sigh I can't belive I missed that 10% hot fix, what a joke. Was wondering why i've been hitting like a sally.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I just want an explanation for the 10% nerf. It seems like blizzard just decided "oh monks do too much damage, let's go straight ahead to Tiger Fierce Stance and nerf the 20% damage to 10%. No thought, just action, which is fking obsurd.

Benching my monk until they put the class they just put into this game on par with other classes.
Reply Quote
I just want an explanation for the 10% nerf. It seems like blizzard just decided "oh monks do too much damage, let's go straight ahead to Tiger Fierce Stance and nerf the 20% damage to 10%. No thought, just action, which is fking obsurd.

Benching my monk until they put the class they just put into this game on par with other classes.

It is possibly because of Storm , Earth and Fire. You guys might end up doing lots aoe damage in pve. I'm just conspiring. Nerfs without explanation= Enhance Shaman Treatment. 1% of the people are playing Enhance in arenas to a wow statistics website and less than 1% of the teams above 2.2k has an Enhance Shaman on it. Monk's future doesn't look very bright to me , lol.
Edited by Gebece on 3/11/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

It is possibly because of Storm , Earth and Fire. You guys might end up doing lots aoe damage in pve. I'm just conspiring. Nerfs without explanation= Enhance Shaman Treatment. 1% of the people are playing Enhance in arenas to a wow statistics website and less than 1% of the teams above 2.2k has an Enhance Shaman on it. Monk's future doesn't look very bright to me , lol.

According to GC it's actually because of Chi Wave, beleive it or not..... I think he's full of it, and its more because of TEB and the Rune or Reorigination trinket.
Reply Quote
I have been playing WW on ptr for a month , its very absurd if you guys got nerfed because of chi wave lol... If chi wave is doing lots of damage nerf chi wave damage ffs. Honestly if you ask a marine biologist(gc) and retired soldier(the pvp guy) to balance pvp , this is what happens lol. They are keep telling us they can't balance the pvp for all 34 specs like pvp is so balanced for some chosen specs. KFC and warriors dominated the all season , stampede one-shotted people for months etc etc lol. A typical walmart butcher could do better than this hahaha.
Edited by Gebece on 3/11/2013 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Gebece
If chi wave is doing lots of damage nerf chi wave damage ffs.

The thing is, I'm not sure it's doing as much as the tweets would lead you to believe.

Especially not right now, because it averages like, 1 offensive bounce per cast, rather than the 4 it should get, at least in PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
still benching for explanation
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I don't even care anymore, I didn't care when DKs were added either. Why not just accept your class was for PvE and for casuals who wanted to play some goof panda monk class.

PvP had more than enough diversity with the original classes instead of these weird ill, thought out additional classes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
why are there even mages talking? you guys have 3 sec cast chaos bolts now and you still want to whine about how we got nimble brew... only 1 more thing that gets us out of 1 of your MANY (10+ not exaggerating) different stuns roots and slowing effects so once we do catch up you can blink away and do it all over again while hitting us like a mac truck. but yeah because of our 2 silences we are waaay OP (and thats counting ring of peace.) if you idiots would take some time and look, there is a reason that <.5% of all people over 2200+ were WW monks. while frost mages are upwards of 15%.... your arguments are invalid
Reply Quote
5 Orc Warlock
I'm having a tremendous amount of fun playing a WW monk. The problem is as dominoz has said- I die way too fast and easily. My damage is frankly crap since the hot fix, I still have some nice crits, and some decent on demand burst when stacked but, swifty 1 shot macros are gimmicky and unreliable...

I'm going to give it a go probably for the first 2 weeks.... I've played a DK for season now, and I know what squishy is. If monk continues to be squishier with less defensive utility than a dk, I'm going back to dk/spriest for this next season.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

I'm going to give it a go probably for the first 2 weeks.... I've played a DK for season now, and I know what squishy is. If monk continues to be squishier with less defensive utility than a dk, I'm going back to dk/spriest for this next season.

Don't even waste your time. I got r1 on a monk and I'M not even gonna be playing it. Monk's are gonna die even faster with Resil scaling less and our healing is less.
Reply Quote
5 Orc Warlock

Don't even waste your time. I got r1 on a monk and I'M not even gonna be playing it. Monk's are gonna die even faster with Resil scaling less and our healing is less.

It's a tremendously fun class to play, thankfully, even in our !@#$ state I can just que some rbgs every week and keep it competitively geared in the hopes that they revamp and fix the defensive cooldowns.

It's ok, the rogue is 89.5 now... See you @ the top throgue dominoz
Edited by Thallos on 3/12/2013 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
why are there even mages talking? you guys have 3 sec cast chaos bolts now and you still want to whine about how we got nimble brew... only 1 more thing that gets us out of 1 of your MANY (10+ not exaggerating) different stuns roots and slowing effects so once we do catch up you can blink away and do it all over again while hitting us like a mac truck. but yeah because of our 2 silences we are waaay OP (and thats counting ring of peace.) if you idiots would take some time and look, there is a reason that <.5% of all people over 2200+ were WW monks. while frost mages are upwards of 15%.... your arguments are invalid

Its because "OMG THAT CLASS HITS HARD AND HAS 2 OF THE SAME CC ITS OP"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Been playin' WW since 5.0... Never felt so freaking frustrated with monks like I do now. It's impressive how a patch were they finally adresses our class and specifcally the WW Spec, they simply throw us down to laugh on the ridiculous situations we're in. I'm not even willing to log in anymore. Prob going to try to make the Conquest caps every week and play another toon for the rest of the week.
The 10% damage reduction on our Stance of the Fierce Tiger affects heavily even our healing due to the scalling of the skills. At first I though that the 14% healing reduciton on Chi Wave for example wasn't a big deal, until I've realized that the WW heals are linked directly to our damage ebcause of conversions.
I can't complain (much) about the damage. I just got used to it, but out surviability went down like a rock falling from a mountain. Now I've to disengage with Roll/FSK to be able to heal myself a bit, since it's freakin' hard to keep the healin' and beatin' that I used to in 5.0 and 5.1. I used to heal myself to up to 1kk on arenas depending on the comp I faced. From the last test I've made on Battlegrounds (That aren't very accurate but...), on 1vs1 situations I could barely reach the 400k self healing with the same modus operandi (not getting away to heal myself, on using Expel Harm, Chi Wave and some orbs while closing gaps running).

/sadface :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Why monk when you can rogue?

I personally feel like Monks won't be that bad, they just require a very very defensive play style that is tedius, and not all that fun. If you're a fan of duck and run, you might have some success, but by in large the Monk class came out of 5.2 with a few much needed quality of life changes and a lot to be desired.

The main problem, however, is that Blizzard did not tone down other classes near as much as they were letting on. WW Monks are now 5.1 Ret Paladins. Balanced in a game of the unbalanced. Hopefully we see some tweaks between now and 5.3, but I am not counting on anything.

Also, Mages are getting another damage buff, as confirmed by Mr. GC on Twitter.

http://imgur.com/BMORg3i.jpg

Hurrah.

Think it's time to quit yet?
Edited by Theinertjerk on 3/12/2013 6:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Whats the reasoning behind monk fierce tiger hotfix nerf? I understood the 5.2 nerfs but isn't this too many at once?
*We found a last minute bug with our testing related to the lvl 30 talents. It as our mistake unrelated to any performance on live. (Source)
Does this mean the 10% damage reduction on stance will be reverted? *Puppy Eyes*
*No, we had to add that nerf because their damage was 10% higher than we wanted. My apologies. (Source)
Any chance of fixing the bug and reverting to 20%? Could cause problems layer. Balancing around bugs = bad.
*The bug was in our testing, not the WW. We caught it too late. You were doing +10% DPS than we intended. Sadface. (Source)
The excuse doesn't make sentence, dude. How does lv 30 talents affect dps?? Chi wave?
*Try measuring your DPS with and without Chi Wave. What is the difference? (Source)
How do want to make WW viable? their dmg is lower than in 5.2! srsly people are massabandoning their monks
*Mass abandonment after 2 days also seems like a bit of an extreme reaction. (Source)
Maybe, although I'm sure it's crossed the mind of several after your such amusing understanding of balance in 5.2.
*Are you saying you have a crystal clear picture of balance after 3 days? Hmm. (Source)
I just find the explanations for this "10%" reduction a bit reduntant. But im a fighter and so is my monk!
*It's not this simple, but imagine Fierce Tiger had a bug that made it do 10% more DPS than intended. The hotfix was to fix that.

grabbing a nice fluffy pillow for my bench warming, pce33
Edited by Terriblemonk on 3/12/2013 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Benching monk for a more OP class...

Rerolling Enhancement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
All these hot fixes and we get nothing? Will blizz just ignore WW for the whole season?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
So discusted by the damage nurf I've already started buying MW grear with my conquest points. Even though we got globaled by every melee team last season I still think I had more fun on my monk since I was actually able to kill stuff. Now ifeel like an undergeared warrior. Hit like a !@#$% and hope that I get a kill with my tigerbrew up......... Very sad monk, especially since i've had hope for the ww spec since launch but blizzard just keeps pounding me into the ground harder and harder everytime......

edit... dont even get me started on our disable hit box. why wont they fix this.. is it suppose to be ridiculously small......
Edited by Bluejays on 3/13/2013 6:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If they just buff our heals and maybe raise tiger stance to 15% then I would be fine. Keep this thread alive people so blizz might notice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]