Soothing Talisman Trinket - Yes or No?

100 Undead Priest
The point is your argument doesn't hold water because *any* regen Trinket will suffer the same problem. If one were to use Relic of Chi Ji then it, too, will delay the use of mana regen cooldowns and possibly cut one out of the fight.

Furthermore this is based on a faulty assumption: that a healer is using mana at a constant rate throughout an encounter.

I would argue this Trinket is better than what it is theory-crafted out to be due to practical use.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The point is your argument doesn't hold water because *any* regen Trinket will suffer the same problem. If one were to use Relic of Chi Ji then it, too, will delay the use of mana regen cooldowns and possibly cut one out of the fight.

Furthermore this is based on a faulty assumption: that a healer is using mana at a constant rate throughout an encounter.

I would argue this Trinket is better than what it is theory-crafted out to be due to practical use.

Sure, any trinket has that problem to a certain extent. However, most regen trinkets have procs/on use abilities that happen more than once every 3 minutes. The argument is that the long cooldown and large on use effect of this particular trinket makes it particularly susceptible to certain fight lengths making it an actual downgrade.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Oh sure it could be a downgrade on certain fight lengths, however we should not ignore that this could make it the best by a mile on other fight lengths.

Perhaps what you mean to say is you do not like the variance it might have on a fight by fight basis.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
No, Horridon's is universally the best regen trinket, especially since it says "screw you" to fight length.
Horridon's trinket is 1 RPPM. So really bad.
Nope

getting Lowmaine to hit you

bad skootaloo, bad!
Edited by Kangamooster on 3/16/2013 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/16/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Moophious
It looks like trash.

This guy is using it

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Owld/simple

Horridon 's trinket gets the same rap

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Viveca/simple

Crap is certainly relative

Trinket weights vary from class to class. I don't like the trinket because I don't see Spirit on it. Personal opinion. I also don't like that it's got an overly-long CD, which makes it a pain to use on boss encounters.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
It doesn't matter if it's Spirit or MP5 or flat mana gain, all these stats only accomplish 1 thing (more mana).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It doesn't matter if it's Spirit or MP5 or flat mana gain, all these stats only accomplish 1 thing (more mana).

Static Spirit has a much more dramatic effect for Disc Priests, and to a lesser extent, Shaman, than it does for other classes.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
It doesn't have Spirit, that is correct, it has a much better stat: Intellect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Horridon's last gasp has a very odd proc chance. My experiences with it proccing are random. For instance, on a 6 min encounter it procced (Cloudburst is what it's called in logs) about 5 times and yielded roughly 40k mana. On another 6 min encounter, it procced 11 times and yielded over 90k mana. I can't remember the exact mana yielded but I do recall the number of times it procced. I believe it's a little over 8k mana per proc. I've actually had it double proc and my buffs indicated two stacks of the trinket proc. Seemed odd.
Edited by Jogg on 3/18/2013 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It is known to stack multiple times.

I'm horribly jealous of our Holy Paladin who got the Heroic Thunderforged version last night.

>.<
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
03/16/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Kangamooster
No, Horridon's is universally the best regen trinket, especially since it says "screw you" to fight length.
Horridon's trinket is 1 RPPM. So really bad.
Nope

getting Lowmaine to hit you

bad skootaloo, bad!

Hey, HEY!

In my defense it was like the day after patch, I didn't know it stacked and the only information I had on it was a quote from the crab himself with its proc rate.

That aside, I still probably won't use it. Static spirit trinkets are much stronger for Disc.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
That aside, I still probably won't use it. Static spirit trinkets are much stronger for Disc.
WRONG BECAUSE THE SPIRIT TRINKETS THIS TIER ARE MEH!

every healer will equip at least one horridon's and you'll damn well like it

(no but seriously horridon's is broken and you won't need -that- much regen in 522 gear)
Edited by Kangamooster on 3/18/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Non-upgraded normal Qin-xi's provides ~1148 mp5 for disc with a 15 sec rapture and the equivalent of ~1400 static int (though you may value int procs less than static). For disc, the normal version of Qin-xi's seems to be closer than I would expect to the normal Horridon's from the mp5 values I've heard (though I would certainly take Horridon's if I could get it). More of a side-grade/reasonable upgrade and slightly deemphasizes the importance of your rapture timing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
03/18/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Kangamooster

Rapture still pretty much doubles the value of Spirit though. That's what makes static Spirit trinkets valuable for Disc.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Rapture still pretty much doubles the value of Spirit though. That's what makes static Spirit trinkets valuable for Disc.
No, seriously

I don't think you understand how broken Horridon's is, or how much regen you have even in 509 gear
03/18/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Crzed
normal Qin-xi's
this tier

this tier=t15, unless you happen to have a time machine

either way you have 2 trinket slots, so if I was disc this tier I would be going horridon's + Qin'xi's all the way. ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

bag of hydraspawn might see use, but I doubt it unless they buffed it AGAIN.
Edited by Kangamooster on 3/19/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
this tier

this tier=t15, unless you happen to have a time machine

either way you have 2 trinket slots, so if I was disc this tier I would be going horridon's + Qin'xi's all the way. ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

Calm down fella, not disagreeing with you (in fact I definitely do agree with you). Was just trying to point out how much extra mp5 a disc priest gets from static spirit trinkets for anyone interested.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Calm down fella, not disagreeing with you (in fact I definitely do agree with you). Was just trying to point out how much extra mp5 a disc priest gets from static spirit trinkets for anyone interested.
I'M NOT CALMING DOWN

HORRIDON'S IS SO OP
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We just need to Tranq Sparkle here and everything can get back to normal... >.>
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I've done some testing of it in actual combat and personally I don't care for it. It may have a decent return over time but I feel that I prefer a slower more constant mana regen trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have the choice between that trinket and ring wich one first i got spirit of sun 496 and inscribed bag trinket for meagera.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]