Now 5.2 is out, are rogues the best 1 v 1?

90 Goblin Death Knight
Before 5.2 I guess they still had the most "control" in 1v1/world PVP situations, as they could decide who to attack and could also flee whenever they needed to, but in reality all that would happen would be you trying to gank someone and A) they would either fight back and start to beat you, or B) you couldn't burst them fast enough before other people around would notice and come to help.

Can rogues dish out the burst again in a world PvP/1v1 scenario now?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Now 5.2 is out, are rogues the best 1 v 1?

we were the best 1v1 class in the game in 5.1 ( just above warlocks in second place).

in 5.2 we are hands down the best 1v1 class in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I don't think rogues are god mode at all. I played a rogue when MoP came around and hated how much they got nerfed, so stopped playing one. I can just see that a large majority of the problems have been fixed, so was wondering if they're back to being a good world PvP class again.

Pre 5.2 I had way more fun with my DK in world PvP as I could burst people down super quick. I couldn't do that with my rogue, they just seemed to have too much ramp up time for their damage and you always had to use 2min - 3min cooldowns in order to do proper burst, and it still didn't compare to the burst I did as a frost DK.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/06/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Golduck
they just seemed to have too much ramp up time for their damage and you always had to use 2min - 3min cooldowns in order to do proper burst,

you must not have played sub. in 5.1 i was getting even equally geared players from 100% to almost 0% on openers.

Shadow Focus allows you to dance on opener, which when paired with Master of Subtlety and on use trinket, is immense burst.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
03/06/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Viiss
they just seemed to have too much ramp up time for their damage and you always had to use 2min - 3min cooldowns in order to do proper burst,

you must not have played sub. in 5.1 i was getting even equally geared players from 100% to almost 0% on openers.

Shadow Focus allows you to dance on opener, which when paired with Master of Subtlety and on use trinket, is immense burst.

you are correct, i was playing assassination . i played sub all through cata and it was great, but i think i went assassination for levelling in MoP and was so unimpressed with rogues that i didn't think switching to sub would have made a difference.

i might get my rogue al the new honor gear and try him out as sub spec, as all i do is random world PvP mischief, and doing it with my rogue was always so fun.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
03/06/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Brickelol

Most players aren't named "Target Dummy".

I kid, I kid. But opening with everything irks me :|

that's what i like about opening with everything on a frost DK. as even after your opening burst with trinkets etc. on, you still doing a ton of bursty damage afterwards. with a rogue, i always felt like if i failed the opener, the fight was swaying more in their way.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

hat's what i like about opening with everything on a frost DK

opening with two 1 minute CD's is hardly "everything".

with a rogue, i always felt like if i failed the opener, the fight was swaying more in their way.

that is probably because it's true haha. rogues are very opener ( and re-opener) dependent.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
No. Assuming both players are good and equally skilled, we still lose to locks and unholy dks. We're pretty damn good though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hunters are still bull!@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
03/07/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Viiss

hat's what i like about opening with everything on a frost DK

opening with two 1 minute CD's is hardly "everything".

with a rogue, i always felt like if i failed the opener, the fight was swaying more in their way.

that is probably because it's true haha. rogues are very opener ( and re-opener) dependent.

as a frost DK, 2 1 min CD's is kinda everything. unless you want to also count AMS. if i pop trinket + pillar of frost + AMS, and if they're melee relentless winter, i can literally kill someone or force them to pop their main defensive CD. when they come out of that, i'm still doing a ton of damage. as a rogue, if they negate your CDs/shadowdance, you do pretty piddly damage.
Reply Quote
I find it's a little more equal now but it's still easily losable vs pretty much every class. Rogues are not godmode it's just in the hands of someone extremely skilled it can seem that way based on how annoying a lot of our abilities are.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
ROFL ROGUES BEST 1vs1. lol not even close. We're doing great damage, but die just as fast. Plenty of classes #%#%%%#! us in duels.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The problem is Rogues were so easily killed before 5.2 with ppl blowing trinkets on silly things like blinds, gouges, cheap shots and still killing us that now we are more competetive they all think we are God Mode!

Now if you play unwisely you will die to us!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I've had a very frustrating experience with a Rogue in a BG. I don't know how geared he was but I assume he was at least full S12 Malev. It started as a fair fight. Now that I think about it he had to pop everything to get me but it seemed like he had unlimited tools. So he popped his smoke bomb, cloak of skills, vanish, I managed to get him out of stealth before he could re-open, he popped Prep, vanish again and then he decided that it was time for me to be Shurikened to death. Grip was on CD and by the time I've closed the gap, he killed me. I was like "NO WAY!" It was the first time I was facing a 5.2 Rogue and I'll sure watch out for those damn Shuriken next time. It happened yesterday and I still think about it because he was pretty low on health and to me, it was a kill but he proved me wrong. 5.2 is no different tho...Rogue will still be the most annoying class to me :P It just seems that I get angrier when I get owned by a damn Rogue and their huge toolbox.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]