Valor question (holy)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I just got Armplates of the Vanquished Abomination with 858 spirit as the random enchantment and am wondering if, with a 320 mastery gem, they're better than the valor wrists Softscar Armplates.

Also, is Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault any good or is it garbage? I have upgraded normal spirits and chi ji.

Edit: the on use of the trinket appears bugged. It's 29805 mana on a 3 min cd. http://www.wowhead.com/item=94509
Edited by Oblivion on 3/6/2013 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So I just got Armplates of the Vanquished Abomination with 858 spirit as the random enchantment and am wondering if, with a 320 mastery gem, they're better than the valor wrists Softscar Armplates.

Also, is Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault any good or is it garbage? I have upgraded normal spirits and chi ji.

Edit: the on use of the trinket appears bugged. It's 29805 mana on a 3 min cd. http://www.wowhead.com/item=94509

Yeah I would say you got the best enchant you could get on those bracers, nice pickup! Definitely don't need to pickup the VP bracers. I would probably gem them with something other than mastery, but that is likely a filler gem =)

I personally don't like the VP trinket. It's statistically really good in an "ideal" situation and statistically pretty poor in a "far from ideal" situation. Both of your current trinkets are pretty strong, so I certainly wouldn't feel rushed to pickup the VP trinket unless you're capped and need to spend some (I went with the ring and bracers, but you don't even need the bracers!)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/07/2013 01:44 AMPosted by Duboomchikin
I would probably gem them with something other than mastery, but that is likely a filler gem =)

Yea I used to have wrists with like 500 mastery on them and dropped from 25% when I replaced them with these I just got, but I got back to 25% when I put in the mastery gem. What I need to check is if I can do int/mastery for the gem and still stay above that mastery mark

I have to check what else I can buy after friendly, and how long it takes to get to honored/revered, and then compare them to tier and raid drops, cause while the ring is an upgrade, I have 502 and 511 rings so I dont need the ring that badly
Edited by Oblivion on 3/7/2013 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]