How do you get to the Isle of Giants?

56 Orc Death Knight
I tried flying but got demounted and died of fatigue. Is it not open yet, or is there another way?
Reply Quote
i was able to fly.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Fly fast, use water walking for the rest of the way
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
How did you die of fatigue?
Reply Quote
Isn't there a portal at the ShadowPan Monastery?
Reply Quote
For fun, I swam there - mounted on my yak - from the Zouchin Province beach, starting where the huts are on fire, and ending up near the Horde expedition there - had to go west along the beach to get to the Alliance expedition. I had started to lose life from fatigue before I zoned in. Had I flown, I'd have been dismounted a really easy swim away from the beach, and not risked death by fatigue.
Reply Quote
Has anyone found what the quest breadcrumb to get to the Isle of Giants yet? I very much doubt we are supposed to literaly almost kill ourselves getting there. I noticed on my map what appears to be an FP on the island as well. Sooo......any new information for this? I want my Dino pets /stamps feet like petulant child
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Has anyone found what the quest breadcrumb to get to the Isle of Giants yet? I very much doubt we are supposed to literaly almost kill ourselves getting there. I noticed on my map what appears to be an FP on the island as well. Sooo......any new information for this? I want my Dino pets /stamps feet like petulant child

You fly... literally. Then you fall into water and swim.

There is no quest to get there cause there is NO quest there.
The flightpath requires you pick it up, and you will understand it when you get there and see it.
Its one of those places that makes you feel like an explorer just getting to it the first time, no breadcrumbs, just go find it.
Reply Quote
You fly... literally. Then you fall into water and swim.There is no quest to get there cause there is NO quest there.The flightpath requires you pick it up, and you will understand it when you get there and see it.Its one of those places that makes you feel like an explorer just getting to it the first time, no breadcrumbs, just go find it.

Gotcha tyvm.

/places name tag "Hello my name is: Nedry" on shirt

Off to Jurrasic park I go.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Yeah, it's just a fly in as far as you can, and use a form of water walking to get the rest of the way. ...or swim speed.

There's lots of items to help with this. Water Walking Elixir, Swim Speed Potion, Angler's Water Walking Mount, etc.

...or get a Warlock to go there first and summon you. :/
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Deleted comment- I should not be allowed to type until I am fully caffeinated.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/7/2013 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You can literally see it from the Kun Lai coast. I flew over the few seconds of fatigue water, then got dismounted (on my hunter) and used my trusty Goblin Glider to float to safety. Oh Goblin Glider, you are so much better than my legendary dagger wings (a poor substitute).
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Just fly up to it, but be careful. I flew in too high the first time and was dismounted in the air. The forward momentum carried me and I hit the ground instead of the water. I died.
Edited by Korly on 3/7/2013 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Ask not how we get to Isle of Giants. Better to ask why we get to the Isle of Giants.

'Tis a mean, nasty place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Ask not how we get to Isle of Giants. Better to ask why we get to the Isle of Giants.

'Tis a mean, nasty place.

Dem bones, man. Dem bones.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Made some decent coin selling the pets.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I flew...I didnt know they didnt allow flying there like they did on IotTK, so i fell to my death.

I have 280% flying and didnt have any trouble crossing the barrier. There is a flight path guy there too on the southern shore.
Reply Quote
Just flew out there. Landed and logged off. Will be on a Dino Safari this evening Awwwww yeah. Ty for the assist folks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]