Initial 5.2 thoughts -- Mage logs

90 Troll Mage
After my first night of ToT I'm actually somewhat content with the class. I'm very happy to finally be back fire, but of course many aspects of fire quite frankly suck.

In a world where just about every boss has adds, mages just can't keep up. On top of that, its not like our single target damage is the best. So we have !@#$ty add damage and are slightly above average single target.

Here are my guilds logs from Tuesdays raid:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1271179-Zomgdps-Review-of-5-2-Mages?p=20434236&viewfull=1#post20434236

and the rest should come around tonight.

Also, if you wish to watch the VODs they should be up on my twitch channel twitch.tv/bombtracks (may contain offensive language)
Edited by Bombtracks on 3/7/2013 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
He's using nether tempest....because its better....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Its hilariously and unbelievably better. I'm starting to realize the reason I never ranked as Arcane in 5.1 was my unwillingness to use it. Live and learn I guess.
Edited by Medívh on 3/6/2013 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Hey bomb, make sure you post your logs & provide feedback in my survey. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8155895688
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/06/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Medívh
I'm starting to realize the reason I never ranked as Arcane in 5.1

lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/06/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Raíne

Just tried NT on a dummy, did 30,685 DPS. Switched back to LB, 36,727 DPS.

Is there a difference in rotation?

Your level is low. This is specifically at cap.

03/06/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Mahourai
I'm starting to realize the reason I never ranked as Arcane in 5.1

lol

Oh and the fact that my raid was always missing CoE and on 3 heal fights spell haste.
Edited by Medívh on 3/6/2013 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Can't help himself apparently.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Can't help himself apparently.

Honestly, his raid progression bugs me. It doesn't make any sense. Its like he's a social back up for his guild and he doesn't play mage seriously. His last logs were in Cata. H-Will but no H-Kings? 4 Fengs but only 2 Stone guard?
Edited by Medívh on 3/6/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Hey bomb, make sure you post your logs & provide feedback in my survey. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8155895688

Oh I didn't see that post! Guess I should have posted there first. My apologies.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Hunter
initial thoughts

mages not even "nerfed down" to everyone else, which would have been fine

mages were over nerfed to below everyone.

not even competitive.pre patch my mage would rock the meters top 5, sometimes first, always competitive.now? always last ,2 days - 5 mans, 10 mans, 25 mans, always last or near last.at best with some luck can make your way to mid pack.

this isnt an over nerf? really? than what is?

mages bring dps to raids, thats it but evey class that brings much more utility( off specs, off heals, b rezs, healthstones, varied buffs ,possible role changes etc) got buffed.i find no logic in this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
When I try to copy the URL for your logs it includes the '...' used to abbreviate the URL, how do I use the link properly?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
When I try to copy the URL for your logs it includes the '...' used to abbreviate the URL, how do I use the link properly?

Ah, wow I'm a total idiot.

I copy pasted my MMO-champ post

here's a direct link to it with working log links:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1271179-Zomgdps-Review-of-5-2-Mages?p=20434236&viewfull=1#post20434236
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]