Bliz, you have failed monks..

I think a good portion of us monks feel as if we would have been better off if you would have just left us alone. We went from a high sustained damage class to a bursty ret like situation..but worse. And what was ret pallys complaining about last patch? O thats right..having little sustained dmg. Only being able to pressure a healer during cooldowns is a frustrating style of play..a style of play a majority of dps monks did not want period.

I fully understand that pve was the reason why we received these nerfs..regardless surely there could have been another way to do that. Why not nerf tigersbrew instead? Getting up to a 40-50% dmg jump is kinda ridiculous anyways dont ya think? Anywhere from 25-30% tops would have been more than fine. A 20% for when you hit mastery levels is fine at lvl 85.

We are not in better shape than last patch..period. Our survivability went down..our damage outside of cooldowns went WAY down..we still get blown up in stuns, abet not quite as much with nimble brew. But our ability to pressure anybody outside of 10 stack tigers is freaking Charles Barkley TURRIBLE! I freaking crit a priest for 30 k on a blackout kick. 30k...on cloth..crit..as a physical dps class..Freaking unacceptable.

Now brewmaster very well may be in very good shape..as I do not tank nor heal so honestly I do not know. So for those that will say "shut up and heal or tank"..just dont bother as I dont care about either one of those roles. They very well may be OP..but I would not know nor do I care. All I care about is my dps / pvp monk is now critting for 30 k on cloth outside of cooldowns..and I honestly feel like blizzard should have left us dps monks alone..
Reply Quote
And do not give me that crap.."You can not have great sustained damage and burst damage you noob!!" Mages have both...hunters have both..warlocks have both...Maybe warriors still do I honestly do not know..but for sure DKs still do ect ect ect ect
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Lol. You enjoy arguing with yourself? The rage is strong in this one.
Edited by Fomortis on 3/7/2013 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am totally emotional right now. I feel like 50 shades of rage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I freaking crit a priest for 30 k on a blackout kick. 30k...on cloth..crit..as a physical dps class..Freaking unacceptable.

I did a 60K Blackout Kick crit on a hunter last night. As a mistweaver. With crappy (mostly Dreadful) gear.

Hope things work our for you guys, I thought things were sounding very exciting right before the patch.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
agreed. we'd be 1000% times better as we were before than we are now. What moron at blizzard decided to do this
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
And do not give me that crap.."You can not have great sustained damage and burst damage you noob!!" Mages have both

HAD both. Mages HAD both. Now we have neither.
Edited by Jaeron on 3/7/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I find pvp'ing in this game worthless, only because once you are good enough to compete for top spots, you experience ddos, wintrading, sniping, piloting and general scumbags of world of warcraft.

That being said, pve wise.. I just do not get it. We where ok in 5.1 pve wise. We lacked really any burst, and sort of "Turtle vs the Hare" our way up the damage charts.

5.2, is full of gimmicks. Our new mastery is a band-aid. The way it will scale is insane even in this tier with a certain lil trinket. You will see it get nerfed, or once again reworked. Haste even seems to be less effective pre-patch.

One comment on Ring of Peace and pvp. Its op for mistweavers. Even tho their spells are increased mana, this ability has made them much more desirable. Every WW monk eventually will go back to leg sweep once the hype wears off.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Rogue
wow critting for 30k with practically zero setup, as a rogue I am legitimately jealous.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Everyone seems to complain their damage is low, EVERYONE says they got nerfed and cannot hit hard.

Why is it things keep dying? What are the sleeper classes/specs that are carrying all these "omg blizz nerfed me" specs?

Cause I could be wrong, but we aren't all just sitting around going "lalalala none of us every die in pvp"
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Jaeron
And do not give me that crap.."You can not have great sustained damage and burst damage you noob!!" Mages have both

This.
Reply Quote
wow critting for 30k with practically zero setup, as a rogue I am legitimately jealous.

Coming from a rogue this is amazing. There def was setup involved bro..tiger palm..jab..I am pretty sure your shuriken toss thing crits more than 30k..
Reply Quote

Why don't you sit down, be quiet, and wait your turn?
Reply Quote
Whos turn is it anyways? Is it your turn? What gives you ownership over this hypothetical "turn" eh?? Pretty sure it has been mages turn for years now.

03/07/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Rakin

Why don't you sit down, be quiet, and wait your turn?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Why would you want better sustained damage over burst if DPS is the same?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I was kind of hoping to be OP this tier, but hey there's nothing from with middle of the pack.

My old main was a mage, so at the end of the day I guess I'm counting my blessings.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Leg sweep is best for solo play.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/07/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Jaeron

Said nobody trapped in a deep with no trinket/bubble/IBF ever.
Reply Quote
I really did not want to play like a ret pally. Yes, burst is fine and dandy in pvp..but not at the cost of losing 15% of my sustained dmg. Being zero threat when cooldowns are not up is god awful style of play..and just is not fun.

Does anyone have recent pve parces proving that monks needed this nerf? If I could see actual proof of this...then I could relax my stance a little bit. Until I see these parces showing up blowing away everyone in pve..then it is my judgement that blizz had no idea wth they are doing..and the entire PTR was a joke.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]