DISC: 5.2 Atonement and PW:S Bugs

90 Blood Elf Priest
When atonement crits, it heals for less than a normal hit (ie crit for 100k, heal for 40k).

With PW:S, it's possibly a tooltip bug but I doubt it. Tooltip says I should absorb 111k but the actual shield is at 89k. I'm suspecting that it's using the wrong formula because I seem to recall on the PTR that PW:S formula was changed a couple of times for the different specs.

Please hotfix.
Edited by Noxnzee on 3/6/2013 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
In patch notes:
Divine Aegis now causes critical heals to apply an absorb shield on the target for 100% of the amount healed instead of healing for twice as much. In addition, it grants Power Word: Shield a chance equal to the Priest's critical chance for the shield to absorb twice as much damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/06/2013 03:20 AMPosted by Takkix
In patch notes:
Divine Aegis now causes critical heals to apply an absorb shield on the target for 100% of the amount healed instead of healing for twice as much. In addition, it grants Power Word: Shield a chance equal to the Priest's critical chance for the shield to absorb twice as much damage.

Yes I know how the new aegis works... not relevant to the bug. Doesn't make sense to hit a penance for 60k and heal for 60k. Then crit a penance for 100k and heal for 40k. If it wasn't going to factor in crit damage, then it should still heal for the normal hit amount, not be LESS than the hit amount. It's a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Please fix this. Atonement's heal on a normal hit is healing for the same amount as a crit's heal+shield. i.e.

20k smite heals for 20k
40k smite crit heals for 10k + 10k bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I can verify that this is happening for me on Atonement crits as well. They are less than 1/2 the amount of damage done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Adding a screenshot of a log since it is broken down between normals and critical heals from atonement. Atonement's avg healing should be the same as normal's avg but the extra comes into play in the form of a DA. Currently criticals are healing half of half of the damage, thus resulting in half of the healing of normal atonement heals.

http://puu.sh/2d1MB
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Can confirm this is happening to me as well. 108k smite crits healing for 45k with a 48k absorb. This is really sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Edit: Atonement crits appear to be fixed on live now.
Edited by Amabella on 3/6/2013 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Edit: Atonement crits appear to be fixed on live now.

I noticed it seemed to be working on the dummys and then in 5 mans, but didn't work in LFR. Now it seems to be working in LFR. Must be a gradual rolling hot fix....but blue will post soon im sure.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I can confirm that it is now fixed in LFR; just completed a run and my atonement crits were in line with my normal casts, but adding a DA on the target. So the rolling hotfix should be propagated across all realms soon enough.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I think it's fixed in some realms and not in others... don't know how that's possible but it's definitely still busted as of 10 minutes ago for me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
also having this same issue. Please address the PWS issue too, everyones tooltip seems to be reading 20k more than the bubble is actually hitting for. really hope that wasnt intended.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Waiting for the announcement saying this is fixed...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think it's fixed in some realms and not in others... don't know how that's possible but it's definitely still busted as of 10 minutes ago for me.

It was working for me on the server but not in LFR, and then in another city on the server it was not working as well. I think it will take a few days for all of the rolling changes to set in.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
They have applied a fix to the Atonement crit bug but it will not be in effect until whatever server you are on has its restart (instance, realm, whatever server runs the zone).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This still seems to be bugged for me. Atonement crits are almost half what the regular hits are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]