Downtime in ret rotation?

10 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone else ever have this problem? There appear to be times where I have a gap of anywhere between 1-2.5 seconds where the only thing I can do is auto-attack.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Eh it happens sometimes, more haste makes it less frequent.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, thank you for the quick, kind response. I will reforge/gem more haste. I was basically wondering if it was just a fail on my part. Again, TYVM.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Assuming you're actual Paladin is 90, it would help to actually see it - or, at the very least, to know its average item level; with Ret, there can be strange fluctuations to where haste and strength flip/flop for superiority. If you're not at the right point, haste-centric gemming could result in a noticeable - though numerically minor - DPS loss.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
Lev 88, so still working on it. Also, TYVM for your useful input. I do appreciate it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Oh, yeah, then you're missing the level 90 talents. They help prevent gaps pretty well.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah, stick with strength-centric gemming until...476 is usually a good place, though with the prevalence of 496+ VP gear, I'd bump that to 480 to be safe; the actual shift points are dictated by weapon primarily but also by L75 talent taken, from what I've seen.

For clarification, strength-centric gemming uses Bold red gems in red/prismatic sockets, Fierce orange gems in yellow sockets, and Etched purple gems in blues. Haste-centric gemming puts Fierce gems in red sockets, Quick yellows in both yellow and prismatic sockets, and Lightning green gems in blues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
@Grôgnárd: So i finally ironed out the knots from may paly set up. It performs a loot better now... Only thing i am a little unsure is should I use Lessons of the Darkmaster or Carbonic Carbuncle. I can make both work i guess but which one would be ideal??
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks all! I definitely feel like I learned something today.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Andryana, Lessons. Lines up perfectly with Wings, now, and the expertise can be forged to haste, where Carbuncle procs crit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Andryana, Lessons. Lines up perfectly with Wings, now, and the expertise can be forged to haste, where Carbuncle procs crit.

Am a derail this not to make another thread....
Ty: I even got it to +1 before the 5.2 broke it.
Ok is the game not working properly or did BLIZ make it so i cant upgrade my blue hero items?!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Am a derail this not to make another thread....
Ty: I even got it to +1 before the 5.2 broke it.
Ok is the game not working properly or did BLIZ make it so i cant upgrade my blue hero items?!

All the upgrade NPCs were removed. It was in the patch notes.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Upgrade NPC lost his HoloNet connection; he may be back for the next between-tier content patch. Blizz's jury is still out on that one, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
SO none of the items can be upgraded Rare and Epic alike? Damn that's dull >< and here am a sneeze away from 480 Q.Q
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
...Pray? LOL

You still got a week; save your VP, buy stuff and see if you hit 480. Keep trying LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
...Pray? LOL

You still got a week; save your VP, buy stuff and see if you hit 480. Keep trying LFR.

It's the rings damn it, have not been able to get good rings in "tsu-long"!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Op: Shieldwall offers a 496 ring - with haste, to boot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Gaps are filled with the 90 ability. As well as Sacred shield. In other words, when you're sitting there without an attack to use, you refresh Sacred Shield.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well Andryana, LFR drop rates for the old raids were increased quite a bit.

As well as Sacred shield. In other words, when you're sitting there without an attack to use, you refresh Sacred Shield.

You use Scared Shield in PVE? Hows that working out? Never tried it
Edited by Paladinchaz on 3/6/2013 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
SS is nice in PvE, even as a personal CD only. I kinda waffle between it and SH, depending on mood. I'm usually able to just completely ignore both, though, so it doesn't really matter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]