Downtime in ret rotation?

90 Human Paladin
You use Scared Shield in PVE? Hows that working out? Never tried it

It's very strong. Overall with defensive CD's, I'll typically take less damage than any other raid member during those heavy raid damage moments. I'm a much bigger fan of preventive damage, rather than simply throwing a heal out. First off, Sacred Shield can be applied regularly in your rotation. While Eternal Flame, and Selfless Healer can't. Not very effectively in my opinion. So it allows for a near constant damage reduction. Then when you hit heavy raid damage, such as Rain of Blades, you're TAKING less damage. Allowing your healers to focus elsewhere. Because we all know they're going to try to heal you if you get semi-low, even if you have Selfless Healer ready for use.

In my opinion, Sacred Shield is a very important talent. Mainly because it's a filler for those gaps in your rotation. You're better off reducing your damage, than doing absolutely nothing for a GCD.
Edited by Kinen on 3/6/2013 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hmm I might try that this teir, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Keep in mind they buffed our FoL healing with 5.2, so you might want to give SH another shot. I am loving it on Ret. If you do PvP, it will also benefit from PvP Power now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Keep in mind they buffed our FoL healing with 5.2, so you might want to give SH another shot. I am loving it on Ret. If you do PvP, it will also benefit from PvP Power now.

Erm NO, SH is not reliable enough in PvP or PvE. While SS is a constant that you can keep, and should keep up at all times. In PvP odds are as a paly you will be dead before your SH even gets a proc, yet alone builds up stack or two.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
03/07/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Andryana
Erm NO, SH is not reliable enough in PvP or PvE. While SS is a constant that you can keep, and should keep up at all times.

Selfless Healer is both very reliable AND very powerful in PvE. It's not as good against constant damage as Sacred Shield is, but it also requires almost no maintenance.

And it's always fun to throw a fully-buffed Flash of Light on a tank that dropped low and watch his health rocket back up. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea tried it out last night, I felt the heal was a much stronger for Oh crap situations than the constant shield of SS. Felt that there was more 'burstiness' raiding last night that requried a insta flash than SS
Reply Quote
I am gonna try to work G91 Landshark into the downtime.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
G91 Landshark

Shares a CD with potions, locking it to once per combat. Not necessarily a bad thing to use, though, if you don't want to waste money on potions - but it's not nearly as effective.

Also, necro. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I am gonna try to work G91 Landshark into the downtime.

It has a cast time and can only be used once per fight. Dunno if you can auto-attack during the cast or not, but either way it's probably not worth the effort.
Reply Quote
I read it does NOT share potion CD anymore. My ADHD kicks in, hence why the title caught my eye for the topic.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, they removed it from the potion cooldown in 5.2. It still has its own one-per-fight cooldown though.
Reply Quote
Oh, and btw, I don't raid, so I am not trying to absolutely maximize DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/09/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Karmacyde
I read it does NOT share potion CD anymore.

Huh, missed that one; what I get for never paying attention to the Item section of patch notes, I guess. Interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]