Enjoy ring of peace, in this state

90 Night Elf Monk
So much crying about it, i see a nerf to its CD, to be more like ToK.

The funny thing is that the crying come from ppl that actually beat monks, but now not so easly as used to be.

sigh...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Yeah I know... It's so depressing but you are probably nerd it due to the complaining. Thing that makes me mad is that the people complaining about it like mages, warriors and such are OP themselves. Well maybe not warriors so much anymore. I don't understand that monks finally got something decent to help counteract people and people are mad because their class didn't get something too. It's dumb they should leave it the way it is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Nerd=nerf*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I love all the hate over this ability...since we get cleaved down anyways the moment it finishes and the warrior/mage just blasts into us. God forbid they need to wait a few extra seconds to explode us, oh the humanity. Not like we can do much damage to them in the meantime.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
yeah its like from a DK in the EU foruns in a big thread to nerf it..." I fought these dual monk comp... i used to beat them in few minutes... and now took like half an hour, all because RoP... nerf it nerf it nerf it"

he claim it to be a so overpower ability, but still beat them... its like LOL WUT?!

it cant pass through thier mind that maybe isnt cause, they now have a easier access no better gear? maybe the others buff? or maybe he just suck?

i take like half an hour too to kill comps with Rdruid and Rshammy... but i admit sometimes was because my gear or their gear, sometimes i messed up and sometimes their class skills was too much
Reply Quote
People cry about this, yet don't seem to care anymore about other things.

*looks at paladin bubble*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Am I the only one who was upset they changed the grapic for it too? Beta ring of awesome vs. bubble of bleh. :l
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'd say the CD does need to be nerfed to at least 2 minutes, 45 seconds is a little absurd.

I mean, as it stands without it, I'd have to drastically outplay a WW monk to kill it, and killing a MW monk is damn near impossible to kill for me.

With it, a WW monk would have to literally be mentally challenged to not be able to beat me, and MW monks could literally laugh in my face...

I understand all classes have counters, and it should be that way, but not to the extreme where you are physically completely unable to beat that counter class.

And before all the screams of "rogues are op now", not really, put us up against any melee class and we still get our asses rocked, our buffs only really help against casters and to a lesser extent healers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
So then how about they put a CD on cyclone for all Druid specs? I just think there are other things more OP than RoP in the game right now. I think the biggest issue is people haven't figured out a way to counter it they come to the forums to QQ about it. I mean I understand that for melee it probably is a pain to deal with but as a rogue couldn't you just speed burst out of it and vanish and from what I understand shuriken strike makes it do you can sit back and attack which would then make it so you don't need to be in it. I'm just saying people need to learn how to deal with it instead of immediately QQ about it the first day it's out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It's really not that hard to counter ring of peace.

People are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Make it one minute at most to quell the complaints. Monks need their survivability.
Edited by Oaktrail on 3/7/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So then how about they put a CD on cyclone for all Druid specs? I just think there are other things more OP than RoP in the game right now. I think the biggest issue is people haven't figured out a way to counter it they come to the forums to QQ about it. I mean I understand that for melee it probably is a pain to deal with but as a rogue couldn't you just speed burst out of it and vanish and from what I understand shuriken strike makes it do you can sit back and attack which would then make it so you don't need to be in it. I'm just saying people need to learn how to deal with it instead of immediately QQ about it the first day it's out.

No rogue takes burst of speed.

Yeah we can vanish out of it, that doesn't change the fact that it literally makes it impossible for us to kill a monk. The only real damage we do against anyone with any kind of gear is during shadow dance - a 1 minute CD...

Surely you can realize an ability like this is far too powerful for a 45 second CD. Not to mention the ridiculousness of stacking monks.
Edited by Àngle on 3/7/2013 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Àngle
And before all the screams of "rogues are op now", not really,

el oh el
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
If you nerf it to a long cooldown then leg sweep needs to be baseline.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
So much crying about it, i see a nerf to its CD, to be more like ToK.

The funny thing is that the crying come from ppl that actually beat monks, but now not so easly as used to be.

sigh...

Not sure what you mean, there is not much crying about RoP on live, I expected FAR more given what the PTR was like.

RoP is actually a perfectly balanced skill they way it is now, people just dont like monks having something powerful and threatening. MW pretty much require RoP with a 45 sec cd to be reasonably viable.
Reply Quote
RoP won't get a 2min CD. The other choices look far better then they nerf it. I'd say a 1min CD and maybe a 6sec duration or something.
Reply Quote
They nerf RoP, and ill say Fk it, go back to leg sweep, any monk worth his/her weight will just find another way to make people cry, What they dont understand is RoP is a way to shut down Melee/Casters who are derpy enough to stand in there or unlucky enough to face a good WW monk who will force you to stay in there. We give up the ability to fully lockddown a healer for the sake of taking on Melee/Casters who can STILL escape it if they wanted to.

IF they do anything to it, would be to give it a 1min cooldown, but its unecessary, because its still a fantastic trade off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
FDC
Stacking RoPs on glaives was driving horde nuts.

Good times...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd say the CD does need to be nerfed to at least 2 minutes, 45 seconds is a little absurd.

I mean, as it stands without it, I'd have to drastically outplay a WW monk to kill it, and killing a MW monk is damn near impossible to kill for me.

With it, a WW monk would have to literally be mentally challenged to not be able to beat me, and MW monks could literally laugh in my face...

I understand all classes have counters, and it should be that way, but not to the extreme where you are physically completely unable to beat that counter class.

And before all the screams of "rogues are op now", not really, put us up against any melee class and we still get our asses rocked, our buffs only really help against casters and to a lesser extent healers.

Doing something wrong if you can't drop a WW monk when RoP is on CD...not sure what to tell you. Just shuriken toss him to death? lol but seriously rogues can kill us, they just have to try hard for it...and I see nothing wrong with that fact. A 2min CD on it would be stupid considering ALL the CDs rogues have at their disposal.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
It's really not that hard to counter ring of peace.

Maybe if you're not in melee range... >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]