2k+ ret pallies, let's discuss SoJ

90 Human Paladin
Alrighty then, 5.2 is here and we now have a new and improved??? SoJ. I've been running BG's all day since arenas are obv not accessible, and I'm having a hard time deciding what's working better, etc.

Pros of SoJ that I can think of:

- 50% slow making it so we do not have to talent into BoG, therefore leaving us with an opportunity for a 30s cd stun. Aids in kiting, allows us to stick to our target longer, etc. Although I've only actually talented into BoG a few times even when using SoT, it's sometimes necessary even with long arm to stick on your targets.

- Damage seems decent from what I can tell, I'm not really sure. I'm usually always topping the damage charts in BG's by a lot regardless of the seal I'm using. It seems it gives us a little more 'burst'.

Cons of SoJ that I can think of:

- 50% movement speed impair is MAGIC, therefore it can be dispelled. Yes, I realize dispel has a cd now and cannot always be used on trivial things like dispelling a movement impairing effect, but most other impairing effects are physical. I would consider this a small con, really.

- Allows stealth based classes to get a free re-stealth since we no longer have a DoT. Even though Rogues can cloak to remove Censure, if they don't have cloak up, it's a substantially long DoT that will prevent re-stealth for quite some time.

What do you guys think? I've heard people discussing that they may use SoT at a range and SoJ within melee, etc. I think what I'll do if they are both very even is use SoJ vs teams with no stealth based classes, and use SoT against teams that do.
Edited by Pat on 3/5/2013 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
While I'm not a 2k ret I think it bears mention that the slow is applied so often and so quickly that the dispell issue is almost nonexistent, Druids cannot escape me without displacer beast for example
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've actually noticed a delay in the application.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm that's strange
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SoJ should apply Mortal Strike or something if they want it viable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Alrighty then, 5.2 is here and we now have a new and improved??? SoJ. I've been running BG's all day since arenas are obv not accessible, and I'm having a hard time deciding what's working better, etc.

Hang on a second, your a 2k+ rated Ret, and you don't really know if SoJ is doing more damage than SoT gogo. I stopped reading from there.

ok
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]